Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LHR T5 C Gates - BA Lounge to open at T5C ?

LHR T5 C Gates - BA Lounge to open at T5C ?

Old Apr 5, 2018, 4:57 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Hyatt Prive, Hilton Impressario, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Roswood Elite, MO Fan Club
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Lots of the short hauls are UK domestics and perhaps it is easier to have them use T5A as it is easier to keep the passengers separated so they can just exit.
I believe only A1-A8 are catered for domestic arrivals. Domestic arrivals at any other gates or even B and C have to be bussed.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 8:33 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by Calum
I am firmly against a lounge in T5C, the quieter T5C stays the better unless of course they get on with T5D.
Don't worry - we will all be in the lounge so you can continue to enjoy the solitude of the T5C gates

Originally Posted by pennineuk
Many airports have their short-haul gates close to the main entrance/concourse. I guess it is to minimise travel time to/from entrance to aircraft. If you are on a long haul flying for many hours, a longer trek to a remote gate is a small proportion of your overall travel time, compared to a domestic or European flight of just a couple of hours.
There's that and also that the chances are good, especially at Heathrow, that someone will be going to/from the short haul aircraft while long haul to long haul connections are less common (thought still a nice chunk of BA's business). So to make connections easier, you put the short haul aircraft near the logical center of the airport, the main terminal building so that most connections are only one transit of whole the length of the airport rather than two transits.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by flatlander
Don't worry - we will all be in the lounge so you can continue to enjoy the solitude of the T5C gates
Laugh all you want - You won't find a more peaceful seating area in T5 than a few empty gates in T5C. I'll take it over the CCR/GF anyday.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Calum
Laugh all you want - You won't find a more peaceful seating area in T5 than a few empty gates in T5C. I'll take it over the CCR/GF anyday.
How about the chairs halfway along the transit walkways? Admittedly the views aren't great, but it's probably quieter than T5C...
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by Deltus
How about the chairs halfway along the transit walkways? Admittedly the views aren't great, but it's probably quieter than T5C...
I mean if spending your time in a dark, subterranean passageway is your idea of peaceful, then yea I can see your point but I think T5C is still the winner.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 2:23 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Sorry to bump up this thread.

I’m travelling in F in December on an A380 which will no doubt be using a C gate. What is there now instead of the old Starbucks agreement? Just want to know so I don’t leave the lounges in 5 A early if there isn’t anything.

Thanks!
Old Nov 17, 2018, 2:29 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Kip64
I’m travelling in F in December on an A380 which will no doubt be using a C gate. What is there now instead of the old Starbucks agreement? Just want to know so I don’t leave the lounges in 5 A early if there isn’t anything.
There is no provision for anything other than wifi in T5C. Having said that, CCR to T5C is under 12 minutes if using the passageways, boarding will stay open to 20 minutes before departure at least, so leaving 35-40 minutes before departure will ensure maximum lounge time and minimum metal tube time. Details of the passageways in the Dashboard.

If this leaves you in a cold sweat, the alternative is to leave the CCR at a time of your choosing, and going to T5B Galleries Club. Every gate throughout T5A, B and C is under 10 minutes from that lounge and every T5C gate within 6 minutes. So that would allow you to stay in a lounge until 30 minutes before departure.
Kip64 and 36902BRF like this.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 3:38 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
There is no provision for anything other than wifi in T5C. Having said that, CCR to T5C is under 12 minutes if using the passageways, boarding will stay open to 20 minutes before departure at least, so leaving 35-40 minutes before departure will ensure maximum lounge time and minimum metal tube time. Details of the passageways in the Dashboard.

If this leaves you in a cold sweat, the alternative is to leave the CCR at a time of your choosing, and going to T5B Galleries Club. Every gate throughout T5A, B and C is under 10 minutes from that lounge and every T5C gate within 6 minutes. So that would allow you to stay in a lounge until 30 minutes before departure.
12 minutes?

My quickest is around 15, and I was rather warm by the end of It...more so due to the lack of air-con in the walkways.

M
Old Nov 17, 2018, 3:46 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
12 minutes?

My quickest is around 15, and I was rather warm by the end of It...more so due to the lack of air-con in the walkways.
10 minutes 30 seconds in my case from South Lounges to Boots T5C, and having had the pleasure of meeting you more than once, I would expect that as someone younger and fitter than me (leave the fiver via the usual CCR dropbox) that you could manage that too! There is a fuller breakdown of timings in the Dashboard thread. The passageways tend to be a lot cooler than the main building in my experience, indeed a big reason why I tend to walk, but I fully accept your experience is different!
Old Nov 17, 2018, 5:30 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
10 minutes 30 seconds in my case from South Lounges to Boots T5C, and having had the pleasure of meeting you more than once, I would expect that as someone younger and fitter than me (leave the fiver via the usual CCR dropbox) that you could manage that too! There is a fuller breakdown of timings in the Dashboard thread. The passageways tend to be a lot cooler than the main building in my experience, indeed a big reason why I tend to walk, but I fully accept your experience is different!
Ł5 in the middle desk drawer

M
Old Nov 17, 2018, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Is this like something from Harry Potter? If you run at the signpost for Gate 64 fast enough, will you be transported to a secret BA Lounge ?

M
Kind of like a 'lounge of requirement' that appears to the traveller who thinks of their need whilst walking past it.
msm2000uk likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Might give this a test from T5 GF on 2nd Dec ( flying on the A380 to HKG)! and see how close i can get to it ( with a small rollerboard) -from memory i was taking about 12mins last time.

Regards

TBS
Old Nov 17, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Might give this a test from T5 GF on 2nd Dec ( flying on the A380 to HKG)! and see how close i can get to it ( with a small rollerboard) -from memory i was taking about 12mins last time.

Regards

TBS
Sounds like the T5 Olympics may have started
I wonder what we'll get the CCR to T5C Boots world record down to?
Old Nov 18, 2018, 8:01 am

Programs: BA Gold
Mrs BAECAddict and I gave CCR to T5C via the passageways a try back in July and we both agreed it was without doubt the best way to get there. It wasn’t just the joy of witnessing the looks of bewilderment from other passengers when we just stayed in the lift when it reached level -2. It is great knowing exactly how long it will take to get the gate, being entirely in control of timing and being able to stretch your legs a bit before 8hrs on a plane. Mrs BAECAddict in fact decided that she preferred it to the transit! Unfortunately she also forces me to slow down to a holiday pace when passing through the airport and so I will not be able to submit my time for the T5 Olympics when we head for the BA11 at the end of March...
makin'miles and wrp96 like this.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 9:03 am

I've learned quite a bit from the BA Board here on Flyertalk, and I'd rank those tunnels as being high on that list... they're great on both arrival and departure.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.