Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Help - lhr-Mia-bos, Sep tix one Ba one aa. anyway due to Irma can go direct to BOS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help - lhr-Mia-bos, Sep tix one Ba one aa. anyway due to Irma can go direct to BOS

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2017, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA (OW) - Silver (Sapphire), HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Platinum. Falling!!

Hi,

we are supposed to be vacationing in Florida. I'm US Midwest based and my mum was coming over from the UK to meet us. We changed to Cape Cod and BA wanted to reprice her whole itinary to fly direct into BOS (I understand why they can't offer a blanket free rebooking to any destination), so I booked a "connection" for her on a separate AA ticket. Now I'm sure it's in everyone's (inc BA, AA and hers) interest for her to avoid MIA on Wednesday, but I can't think of a way around this. Is there anyway she can get rerouted to BOS without the reprice? Appreciate any help...

Thx...

Joe
Old Sep 11, 2017, 12:28 am

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold, LH FTL, FBP, CCG, HH Diamond
Don't see how that would work. You either rebook her direct (and pay the price for it) or she will have to fly via MIA.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
From ba.com:

We are also providing rebook options for customers booked to fly with us to/from Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Tampa, or Orlando between now and 17 September inclusive. They can choose to fly to the same destination as originally booked up to and including 14 October. Customers can also use the value of their ticket towards an alternative destination on our network if they no longer wish to travel to/from Florida.

You would pay the fare difference, but no change fees.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 5:34 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
I would suspect your chances of success are pretty minimal, considering you have two tickets on two separate airlines. Though there is no harm in asking - and you might get lucky.

BA6501's post is probably the most likely outcome - pay the fare difference using the special Irma rules.

Good luck!
Old Sep 11, 2017, 5:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA (OW) - Silver (Sapphire), HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Platinum. Falling!!
Thanks, issue is that the return leg is now full so that would reprice in Y rather than O she's in now (same flight) so cost is >£2k additional!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.