Family of 4 on 2 bookings CW LHR-MCO

Old Sep 9, 2017, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, Accor Gold, HH Diamond, Krispy Kreme Brown with chocolate sprinkles
Family of 4 on 2 bookings CW LGW-MCO

Hi all,

I've booked the outbound flight in CW for a trip to Orlando for my faimly of 4 but we had to make two bookings as we were using two Amex 241s (1 in my name, and one in my wife's name). One booking is for myself and our 6YO son, and the other is for my wife and our 10YO daughter.

Assuming that I don't pay to reserve seats and that I cannot get 4 seats together at check in, as we are on seperate bookings will BA seat my wife and I with our accompanying child, rather than possibly a 1 + 3 allocation?

Also, if there are schedule/equipment changes before the flight which require us to move to an alternative flight, would BA keep both bookings together on the same flight?

Thanks

Last edited by davrossuk; Sep 9, 2017 at 2:42 pm
Old Sep 9, 2017, 2:18 pm

To clarify, are you on the LGW-MCO flight?

I would assume that each booking would be seated together separately around 3 days beforehand. I don't know if it is possible for BA to link the bookings with regard to seating.

It may be worth considering paying for seats in advance if you would like window seats, so keep an eye on the seat map.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
given the ages of the children BA will allocate seating for free for each of the separate bookings. This happens at T-72hours

Unless you tell BA you are in effect one group they will treat you as separate parties so could be in two different parts of the cabin.

You need to phone them up and ask them to link (in reality put a note in that may or may not get read) your two bookings.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 2:27 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by davrossuk
...rather than possibly a 1 + 3 allocation
The worst you'll end up with is 2+2, as BA won't intentionally sit a child separately and will give you at least 2+2 before boarding.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, Accor Gold, HH Diamond, Krispy Kreme Brown with chocolate sprinkles
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
To clarify, are you on the LGW-MCO flight?

I would assume that each booking would be seated together separately around 3 days beforehand. I don't know if it is possible for BA to link the bookings with regard to seating.

It may be worth considering paying for seats in advance if you would like window seats, so keep an eye on the seat map.
Thanks. Sorry, yes its LGW-MCO.. I have corrected the thread title.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. It sounds like 2+2 is the worst case scenario which is fine for us.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.