Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lifetime Gold

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2017, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL/GGL/CCR, BA Amex, Quidco, IHG Spire, Hotels.com Reinstated Gold)
Lifetime Gold

Delighted and surprised to say that on Monday night I crossed the threshold to Lifetime Gold.

Delighted because I brought up the 35K in the nicest way with an F to SCL. Couple of Mojito Royales in the CCR from Borisz to set me up, ("How did you know about that, Sir?"), and a great crew. Surprised because the first year consisted of a couple of GLA and NCL returns from LHR and that was about it.

In 8 years, just 2 cancelled flights, 1 unscheduled overnight at AMS when crew timed out, bumped once from my seat by a minor Royal, and a couple of indifferent crews have been more than compensated for by the sense of being "home" at the start of any return journey. By 6 years of CCR access. And of course by the many Avios funded and Joker enabled family trips.

Although I have learnt on here that there may be better hard and soft products out there, and to check that out I am treating myself to a CX F to HKG in Dec; at the end of the day BA fly direct to everywhere I need to go. The loss of Baku direct was a shame and Moscow going LH helped a lot. And I still rate my first corporate 747 UD, to Cape Town, as a favourite flight.

I have more chance of walking on the moon than reaching LTGGL but as long as I fly I trust I will continue to be entertained and educated by all on here.

Thanks and Cheers
Old Sep 9, 2017, 8:15 am
formerly southsidesilver

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
Congratulations. To me that's a very big achievement even earning around 2500 Tier points a year it will take me 11 years to hit lifetime gold.

So it really is a big deal and congratulations
Old Sep 9, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Welcome to the club.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 1:38 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Congratulations. And it is really good to hear that despite all your flying things have been fairly easy going. Good luck with whatever the future holds.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 3:06 pm

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by Omba
Delighted and surprised to say that on Monday night I crossed the threshold to Lifetime Gold.
Welcome to the club, when I achieved lifetime Gold it was a similar feeling to paying off the mortgage!
Old Sep 9, 2017, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL/GGL/CCR, BA Amex, Quidco, IHG Spire, Hotels.com Reinstated Gold)
Originally Posted by johnaalex
Welcome to the club, when I achieved lifetime Gold it was a similar feeling to paying off the mortgage!
That's still a way off 😥
Old Sep 9, 2017, 4:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
I hope to soon be welocme!!!!
Old Sep 9, 2017, 4:37 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Congratulations Omba. Now onwards and upwards to GGL for Life
Old Sep 9, 2017, 7:57 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Congratulations! I beat you by about a week, crossing the threshold shortly after returning home from a Brazil trip a couple of weeks back It's nice to have, but I don't think I'll be happy until I hit LTGGL, assuming it still exists then!

Good to hear that word of the 'Mojito Royale' is getting out
Old Sep 10, 2017, 1:07 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
congratulations! We will be at 35000 in around 18 months or so, but just fingers crossed for us, it still exists then.

Anyway, back to you, even without the GFL level, I bet you had some good fun flying all those TP. Sure is a good way to see the world.

PS - Mojito Royales - just looked that up as I had no idea what it was. I blamed Borisz for making us not very well on our last trip...... .... God help me if I have one of those... mmmmm, maybe I can try just the one...
Old Sep 10, 2017, 5:45 am

I made Gold Guest For Life when the category was introduced in 2013 and am now approaching 120,000 tier points. It is a great programme; everyone in BA is very helpful. I don't think there are too many of us but it settled the issue that as one began to travel less then descending from gold would make AVIOS much harder to use and losing lounge access as well a really depressing prospect.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 6:12 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
deleted

Last edited by ahmetdouas; Nov 12, 2017 at 10:13 am
Old Sep 10, 2017, 6:49 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
120,000!? Wow you must be on the hall of fame for highest tier points! Never saw those figures even on this forum!
You will be surprised, there are a number of LTGGLs on the forum, and who have decided not to be 'outed'.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 9:35 am

My point was how lucky those of us who have travelled with BA through our working lives to have the GGL, GLfL and GGLfL schemes. I see much criticism of BA on this board but there are many benefits that are superb.
Tobias-UK and TonyHancock like this.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Some of us Elders are just pleased to be 'Annual Gold'

There are undobted benefits for those who travel squillions of miles at Company expense, and I certainly do not deny them some small benefit for all their suffering.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.