Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LGW-MAD-HAV Duty of Care?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2017, 5:37 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

Anyone going to Cuba without insurance is either very rich, reckless or both.
Or Cuban?
Old Sep 16, 2017, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Apologies for not updating this thread sooner, to answer Ldnn1's question, my friend booked accommodation for himself in Madrid and will try to claim reimbursement from IB when he returns from his trip.

As a follow up, his replacement flight to HAV was also cancelled due to Irma, BA then offered to fly him to another destination of his choosing on the Oneworld network provided it was within 600 miles of HAV. With the Caribbean not really an option and Irma bearing down on Florida he chose CUN.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 5:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
That seems a more than fair resolution. BA will generally limit to 300 miles, but Irma is an extraordinary circumstance and my suspicion is that many desireable and closer locations have problems of their own for the near future.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 12:14 am

Why do people think going to Cuba without insurance is mad?
Old Sep 17, 2017, 1:38 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Greenpen
Why do people think going to Cuba without insurance is mad?
Because the health care system, while free at the point of use, is heavily constrained by the lack of drugs and equipment, a situation made greatly worse with the very poor traffic safety standards in Cuba. There is a higher risk of ending up as a medical evacuation than with neighbouring islands. Even with relatively minor ailments, foreign visitors often end up going to the USA to get treatment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.