A321 Club World, what to expect?

Old Jul 19, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
I'd take this over a standard CW seat anyday !
Old Jul 19, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
I'd take this old BMI seat over a standard CW seat anyday !
Old Jul 19, 2018, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Oh yes! This aircraft was a pleasant surprise. The CW cabin with 1+2 and 2+1 seating every other row might have a slightly older interior than other A319/20/21, but it's lie-flat, and the single seat on each row is a kind of throne seat like later Airbus series have. Have done CAI both ways with it, and I would also take this seat over any CW standard seat.

If traveling two together, my choice would be 1 D+F, but 2 A+C is fine. 8 A+C is immediately in front of the curtain, and may be a little more noisier, due to families/single parents with small kids are seated in WT bulkhead seats in row 9.

Last edited by onobond; Jul 19, 2018 at 11:30 am
Old Oct 21, 2018, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
What is the service schedule on these 2am/3am CW departures from the Middle East? one-tray snack after takeoff and full breakfast before landing? Or full-breakfast right after takeoff?
Old Oct 21, 2018, 8:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AS MVP
I have to confess that I was fairly impressed with Club World on an A321 not that long ago- while in an upright or reclined position, the single seats are quite nice. Lots and lots of room on either side of the seat and service was nice. The trouble began on the CAI-LHR flight when I reclined to a full-flat position. The seat lowered to a couple of inches from the floor and both my shoulders and lower legs were so constricted that I felt as though I was in an MRI machine or even a coffin. I am not normally claustrophobic, but the both the height of the 'walls' around my shoulders kind of freaked me out. No way could I have slept like that. Instead, I brought the seat up to a semi-reclined position, where I was above the armrests which made it much more bearable. Frankly, were I to fly one of the aircrafts again, I would probably choose and aisle seat on a 2-seat row, as at least I could move my feet a bit more because the footwell isn't a box.

Last edited by pacman3; Oct 21, 2018 at 8:36 pm Reason: grammar
Old Oct 21, 2018, 11:57 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
What is the service schedule on these 2am/3am CW departures from the Middle East? one-tray snack after takeoff and full breakfast before landing? Or full-breakfast right after takeoff?
For most of the Middle East it's snack then breakfast before landing, you get a card to complete and hand to the crew with your breakfast choices and whether you want to be woken up or not. As this is about the A321 though, are you specifically talking about CAI maybe? In which case that flight is just a single meal service, which is breakfast, but as we have no experience of service on the new timed flight until next week we don't know exactly what they plan to do because for the last few years it has been an 8am or 9:30am departure.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Airprox
For most of the Middle East it's snack then breakfast before landing, you get a card to complete and hand to the crew with your breakfast choices and whether you want to be woken up or not. As this is about the A321 though, are you specifically talking about CAI maybe? In which case that flight is just a single meal service, which is breakfast, but as we have no experience of service on the new timed flight until next week we don't know exactly what they plan to do because for the last few years it has been an 8am or 9:30am departure.
I have a DXB coming up, but for this thread, I was talking about CAI and see now that it isn't currently operating with the 321 until a couple of weeks from now when I take it. The flight time is simply awful, I hate 3am departures! Hope it's something that allows maximum rest.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 4:33 am

The flight time is simply awful, I hate 3am departures! Hope it's something that allows maximum rest.
Agreed! Hopefully it will just be this winter and from next summer it can go to the 787 year round and back to more civilised times.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by Airprox
. As this is about the A321 though, are you specifically talking about CAI maybe? In which case that flight is just a single meal service, which is breakfast, but as we have no experience of service on the new timed flight until next week we don't know exactly what they plan to do because for the last few years it has been an 8am or 9:30am departure.
Any ideas yet ?!

LHR 7pm departure, 0230 arrival CAI. Don't think breakfast suits really. Dinner or light supper would be best.

Flying it for the first time with new terrible timings next week.

Not looking forward to a 5hr layover in T2 then T3 before my onward flight.

Last edited by Sisyphus1carus; Oct 23, 2018 at 2:24 pm
Old Oct 23, 2018, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Any ideas yet ?!

LHR 7pm departure, 0230 arrival CAI. Don't think breakfast suits really. Dinner or light supper would be best.

Flying it for the first time with new terrible timings next week.

Not looking forward to a 5hr layover in T2 then T3 :-(
We were talking specifically about the 3am CAI-LHR, the outbound will definitely still be the same dinner as now.
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
On AUH-LHR it was a choice of soup or a cheese plate after take off with a drink, then a full hot breakfast before landing (with fruit and croissants).
Old Oct 23, 2018, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by S_W_S
On AUH-LHR it was a choice of soup or a cheese plate after take off with a drink, then a full hot breakfast before landing (with fruit and croissants).
I like to wait until the last possible minute, but I have a feeling this will be one of those turn all the lights on 1:30 out situations.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 2:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
I like to wait until the last possible minute, but I have a feeling this will be one of those turn all the lights on 1:30 out situations.
Unfortunately you are correct! Coming back from JFK I think I was woken at 50 minutes to go, AUH it as either 90 minutes or slightly earlier than that. It should be noted though that the lights remained dimmed throughout the breakfast service.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 9:38 am

New CW catering and bedding?

I wonder if the new CW catering (do&co, tableware etc) and the new CW bedding will be available on my flight to Beirut in October?

Old Apr 10, 2019, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
It will be - already is.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.