Choosing a J seat on the AY A350

Old Sep 8, 17, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Rewards, BAPP
Choosing a J seat on the AY A350

Quick question if I may

I'm flying on the AY A350 in December from HEL-LHR on a BA6031 Flight no and BA ticket. Being Gold I wanted to book a seat. Unfortunately when BA MMB transfers me to AY to do so, the AY website says they can't sell/reserve a seat as the flight isn't operated by AY, which it is!

My guess is that I will have to phone AY, if so, which number should I call?

Also while I'm here, I'm travelling without Mrs AQ this time, any recommendations on the best window seat in J please?

Thanks

AQ
Old Sep 8, 17, 6:16 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by alwaysquestions View Post
any recommendations on the best window seat in J please?

Thanks

AQ
1A/K have only 1 window each, all the others have 2, if that's important to you. Otherwise I think all the other window seats are pretty much the same.

If if you want to sleep all the way, then I have found the mini rear cabin to be great for that.

You can't really go wrong actually. Enjoy!!
Old Sep 8, 17, 6:22 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You may wish to follow the advice offered in this previous thread, notably the one about Chat.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...llocation.html
Old Sep 8, 17, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Rewards, BAPP
Thanks all yet again!

What I can't believe is that the thread suggested by c-w-s was started by me. I'd had to postpone the trip and so didn't get around to trying the chat out. Then obviously, I completely forgot about the question.

Please accept my humble apologies for being a numpty

AQ
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Sep 8, 17, 7:34 pm

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by alwaysquestions View Post
Thanks all yet again!

What I can't believe is that the thread suggested by c-w-s was started by me. I'd had to postpone the trip and so didn't get around to trying the chat out. Then obviously, I completely forgot about the question.

Please accept my humble apologies for being a numpty

AQ
The chat service on AY is very effective. I used it to select seats when a client hadn't yet ticketed the flights which normally bars you from selecting seats on AY, but it was done without fuss and very friendly.

Search this Thread