AMEX 241 Options LHR-LAS

Old Sep 8, 17, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
AMEX 241 Options LHR-LAS

Hi everyone

So I'm busy working towards my first 241 which should be issued in the next few months. Have a heap of Avios to use and want to take my wife to LAS in First return. We've done this trip before with BA but not in First. Was wondering if anyone out there has done a similar trip but not flown direct from LHR to LAS? I quite fancy the newer aircraft rather than an old tired 747. Was thinking about LAX and connecting or even SFO or SAN as alternatives. Anyone done something similar in the past? Our schedule is pretty flexible and dates aren't fixed.

Thanks
Alex
Old Sep 8, 17, 8:20 am

Programs: BA Gold
F availability to LAX and SFO can be scarce. You might do better to look at other less appealing destinations.
Alex Henderson likes this.
Old Sep 8, 17, 8:30 am

Programs: BA Silver
Just booked one last week, LHR-SJC so we can get First on the 787, Delta to LAS from SJC, and return from LAS -LHR in First, its for next July/August, booked the outward when it was available then the return again when a flight became available, i just checked everyday and maybe got lucky but we can't wait.
Old Sep 8, 17, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by red duster View Post
Just booked one last week, LHR-SJC so we can get First on the 787, Delta to LAS from SJC, and return from LAS -LHR in First, its for next July/August, booked the outward when it was available then the return again when a flight became available, i just checked everyday and maybe got lucky but we can't wait.
Sounds great...you've done really well and given me another idea to think about. Out of interest was this done using an AMEX 241 and were you able to book them as open jaw via the website or via the phone instead?

Many thanks
Old Sep 8, 17, 8:50 am

Programs: QF WP / LTG & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Alex Henderson View Post
Hi everyone

So I'm busy working towards my first 241 which should be issued in the next few months. Have a heap of Avios to use and want to take my wife to LAS in First return. We've done this trip before with BA but not in First. Was wondering if anyone out there has done a similar trip but not flown direct from LHR to LAS? I quite fancy the newer aircraft rather than an old tired 747. Was thinking about LAX and connecting or even SFO or SAN as alternatives. Anyone done something similar in the past? Our schedule is pretty flexible and dates aren't fixed.

Thanks
Alex
I would fly in to SJC (San Jose). Plenty of F availability for two JAN to APR next year and it is a 787.

Jase.
Old Sep 8, 17, 9:18 am

You can book outbound on line and then call to book the return... so you may as well book both in one go over the phone!

I do LAS regularly in F. For leisure (and no Tier Points) I find direct best always for a short break. It's not the best BA F but it's certainly fine. Especially arriving around 3pm on the earlier service. Got my next one in December
Old Sep 8, 17, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly View Post
You can book outbound on line and then call to book the return... so you may as well book both in one go over the phone!

I do LAS regularly in F. For leisure (and no Tier Points) I find direct best always for a short break. It's not the best BA F but it's certainly fine. Especially arriving around 3pm on the earlier service. Got my next one in December
Thanks for the insight Mikey...much appreciated
Old Sep 8, 17, 11:41 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Alex Henderson View Post
Sounds great...you've done really well and given me another idea to think about. Out of interest was this done using an AMEX 241 and were you able to book them as open jaw via the website or via the phone instead?

Many thanks
Both done via the phone as i had already booked the outward journey to LAS online as there was no availability to SJC at the time and i phoned to get it changed when SJC became available, then the original flight back was cancelled so phoned to get a flight that suited us back to LHR, yes it was an AMEX 241, i also tagged flights from/to GLA either end in CE, lady in the call centre was a star.
Old Sep 8, 17, 11:49 am

I have done first to LAS on a few occasions. I would rather go direct and get more time there now that old first has disappeared.

if you are not easily offended go and see Absinthe at Caesars. The best show I have ever seen.
Old Sep 8, 17, 12:03 pm

Alex - if you are flexible and can avoid a Fri / Sat night you can get some amazing hotels for a great price - if you want any tips do send me a message - there's tips also in other parts of FT
Old Sep 8, 17, 3:09 pm

Programs: BAEC
SAN is a good option and quite an easy drive to/from LAS with reasonable availability
Old Sep 9, 17, 8:07 pm
LPQ

Programs: TG G 18 years
Fourth time in LAS next month. Previous long hauls were into SFO with a short budget flight to LAS. This time direct to LAS in F which relieves the worry of connecting flights, saves a bit of time and uses the same F seat as to SFO or LAX. The LAS hotels on the Strip are extremely close to the airport so perfect to relax so soon after the F food, bubbles and wine experience and not have to be brought down to earth with flight connections. A big advantage is that there is plenty of availability for 241 F showing to LAS from December.

Search this Thread