Dozy Tart Question

Old Sep 8, 2017, 8:54 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk
Original Poster

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by rapidex
My experience of AA is the ordered meals are almost always there without problem.If you are in MAN overnight there is a nice pub in styal,the Ship,just past the ladies prison.
Now I ave a very soft spot for Manchester as I studied there - I have not been back for 25 years except for work. I wanted to go to Chinatown. In the past, there was some of the best Chinese food in the UK to be had there. Whether that is still the case, I do not know.

I am going alone - as HI was not keen on hanging around with chattering women!

Where is the Ladies Prison in Manchester?
Old Sep 8, 2017, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Now I ave a very soft spot for Manchester as I studied there - I have not been back for 25 years except for work. I wanted to go to Chinatown. In the past, there was some of the best Chinese food in the UK to be had there. Whether that is still the case, I do not know.

I am going alone - as HI was not keen on hanging around with chattering women!

Where is the Ladies Prison in Manchester?
South side of the airport,on the road to Wilmslow.Styal ladies prison.Home to some bad girls
Old Sep 8, 2017, 9:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by MADPhil
Last time I went through MAN in August the AA Business desks were cunningly hidden just round the corner from the main check in. AA are pretty good about pre-ordered meals, I managed to get one after being bumped over from a BA cancellation with a couple of days notice.
The desks were likewise in early August, and cunningly labelled "I heart Manchester" rather than AA Business.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 9:21 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by dougzz
The desks were likewise in early August, and cunningly labelled "I heart Manchester" rather than AA Business.
I went through on August 3 but I don't remember the label as I resorted to asking where they were and had them pointed out to me.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 9:31 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
I know that you'll all know but I'm unsure. I have a series of flights with AA which were booked throught BA.com. I have a confirmation from BA and a locator. If ever I want to check or change the seats it takes me to AA.com where the entire booking exists but with another locator of course. My BA Exec card is in the booking.

My question is this - with which airline do I check in? Will it allow me to check in Online with the BA flight code? If it does not allow me to do this - do I go to BA or AA. AA will of course have their security people vetting you before you check in and it would amaze me if I were to be put throught the same procedure. Do I then go directly to AA? This I should add is MAN -ORD.

So if this is a daft question, and it has probably been aired here 673 times, but it passed me by. Any help gratefully received.
@PUCCI GALORE I'm not sure about it being a dozy tart question but it's certainly a dozy tart thread title
HIDDY likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 9:35 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk
Original Poster

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by golfmad
@PUCCI GALORE I'm not sure about it being a dozy tart question but it's certainly a dozy tart thread title
It made everyone look though, didn't it?
HIDDY, MADPhil, msm2000uk and 3 others like this.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 9:35 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
It made everyone look though, didn't it?
It certainly did
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by bhbloke
I generally download the operating carrier app a week before and load the trip onto that to ensure all the flights are showing and to use the online check-in feature.
^
Old Sep 8, 2017, 9:55 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BerksFlyer
If you're on AA metal you should have an aA record locator. Just plug that straight into the AA app or website and away you go!
I've done that in the past - AA metal with an AA flight number on a BA itinerary is fine, you can select the seat on the AA website using their PNR as you've said. The problem in this case is that it is AA metal with a BA flight number, and neither the AA website nor the BA website allow you to select seats.....
Old Sep 8, 2017, 10:14 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by LondonAndy
I've done that in the past - AA metal with an AA flight number on a BA itinerary is fine, you can select the seat on the AA website using their PNR as you've said. The problem in this case is that it is AA metal with a BA flight number, and neither the AA website nor the BA website allow you to select seats.....
I had at least two AA metal with BA code (BA ticket) this summer and I was able to select seats on AA.com, using BA PNR.
Unless they screwed up something after that (of course very possible), you should be able to do the same.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by LondonAndy
I assume her Pucciness has only to get on the telephone to BAEC (or the equivalent someone at AA) and they will fix the seat selection problem?
Old Sep 9, 2017, 3:06 am

They never check at the Fast track Lane in T3 that you are meant to be using it!
Ref Styal prison
Bus 200 goes from the airport and they have their own restaurant run by the 'residents'' called clinck
It is open to the public but no alcohol allowed !
Old Sep 9, 2017, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by rapidex
South side of the airport,on the road to Wilmslow.Styal ladies prison.Home to some bad girls
When I was young it was referred to as Styal Women's Prison. It must have gone up in the world?
Old Sep 9, 2017, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by twincheeks
When I was young it was referred to as Styal Women's Prison. It must have gone up in the world?
You may be correct,my memory is not what it was.I used to date the daughter of one of the warders when I was young.Always fun going in on a friday afternoon.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Anyhow, if I get fodder for a TFTG - would that be of interest do you think? or have thse days now gone?
Yes, please ^ Have a great trip.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.