Really fuming with BA's lack of competence

Old Sep 5, 2017, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Really fuming with BA's lack of competence

I made a booking with a Manchester agent 1 month ago, who was really helpful. He told me my wt ticket is uua to wtp. He told me he has put a request in for rev mgmt to open up availability.

As soon as the booking was made, my surname was spelt incorrectly. Fine, I emailed the agent we spoke on the same day, the next day and I had to follow up myself with India to ensure this was corrected, although my surname is stored in my baec profile. This has never happened before. Then I was getting an error message on ba.com saying my booking is locked, I reached out to the agent, gold line and twitter none of which could help. When I told twitter how can you apply the 24 hour cooling off period when I can't access my booking they were non-responsive and stated we can just cancel it?

Then I found out a few days later the agent mis-advised me and the selling class was ineligible for uua. I complained, promised multiple call backs, nothing. Complained on twitter, they stated they would need to retrieve the calls. They called me back to say it issue with playing call recordings blah blah. Then they retrieved calls, the agent in twittr said the sales agent did not mis-advise you, I insisted I speak to the manager who listened to the call. The manager was apologetic and called me the next day as well, I stated I would want a full refund due to the whole drama. She would not budge on a full refund, she said any non-refundable amount in a form of an e-voucher as a gesture. When I pointed out to her I don't deem my contract to be valid due to the misrepresentation of the agent, a point re misrep which she agreed to she still would not budge but advised if I decided to cancel she can escalate complaint as I had asked for this to happen. A call back with her arranged, never happened. Twitter messages ignored, others saying I cannot speak to a manager. Manager in Manchester also arranged call back failed, I called we end up getting into an argument as I told him his colleague made clear he will be calling me between 5-6pm why no call? His response very dismissive I've been in meetings. I ended up putting the phone down as he advised me he hadn't yet looked into it despite being one month.

Got completely fed up, although the ticket class was upgraded to N class, I don't feel they done enough despite complaining about the misinformation they tried to blame me and later admitted that was inappropriate. After a 1 hour and 10 min conversation with India, they have offered to refund the whole amount, no email confirmation but the manager allowed me to record the call. As a gold member, its really irrelevant but I feel BA are going out their way to be obstructive. The manager in social media went on about how they want to restore my confidence but ignored we had arranged to speak and done nothing for me.

What would you do next to pursue further? I am minded to ask for a deadlock letter for CEDR. Although I have never used the service. I am just beyond annoyed as this should of been dealt with urgently. I have cancelled and rebooked with star alliance.... who I am in the process of fingers crossed getting a status match.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 2:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Not sure what you want to pursue further in CEDR if you now have your booking cancelled?

If you need information on UuA, how it works, and what selling classes are eligible the sticky threads on this board are a great resource.

EDIT: previous thread on the UuA issue http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ing-wt-wt.html
Old Sep 6, 2017, 2:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
Not sure what you want to pursue further in CEDR if you now have your booking cancelled?

If you need information on UuA, how it works, and what selling classes are eligible the sticky threads on this board are a great resource.
first time that I made a booking in wt to upgrade, it was the agent who should have told me the booking was not upgradable when I specifically asked and he confirmed multiple times it was. More frustrated that it has taken one month to get the booking cancelled with Ba in the uk fobbing me off only willing to refund part of the booking rest on an e-voucher. Had I not kicked up a fuss with the gold line in India and spoke to a supervisor there I would still be waiting
Old Sep 6, 2017, 2:32 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by haroon145
first time that I made a booking in wt to upgrade, it was the agent who should have told me the booking was not upgradable when I specifically asked and he confirmed multiple times it was. More frustrated that it has taken one month to get the booking cancelled with Ba in the uk fobbing me off only willing to refund part of the booking rest on an e-voucher. Had I not kicked up a fuss with the gold line in India and spoke to a supervisor there I would still be waiting
All this you already said. My question still stands, what do you want to pursue further in CEDR if you now have your booking cancelled? What are you now after?
Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:11 am

Programs: QF, BA
Originally Posted by KARFA
All this you already said. My question still stands, what do you want to pursue further in CEDR if you now have your booking cancelled? What are you now after?
It was painful to read and follow the OP. After reading it twice I think he wants a full refund, as opposed to the non-refundable component on a eVoucher.

​​​​

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.