Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA pilots on Twitter

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2017, 4:49 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Seems an appropriate place for this.

Well, I found it fascinating anyway

Old Dec 6, 2017, 7:26 am

This video will interest a few

halfcape likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 10:22 am

A lot of BA Pilots have stopped posting for #BASmart , a couple have / are leaving twitter and it's been advised that BA have cracked down on their staff who can no longer post photos of BA Aircraft without permission.

Thought they were doing an amazing job, all extremely positive and proud of their employer and telling some incredible stories, providing great information, and really promoting Brand BA.

What on earth caused this raucous? Very much a backward step.
kt74 and KeaneJohn like this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 2:51 pm

Programs: A3 *G, HH Diamond
I've noticed it as well and had been wondering what was the reason. Can't believe BA are really doing this in the year of the centennial, how ridiculous
Old Jun 23, 2019, 2:52 pm

Would it be connected to the strikes?
Old Jun 23, 2019, 4:20 pm

I've heard the biggest push is union advice re: social media, otherwise just as many Cabin Crew would be dropping out, who work under the same (new/updated) social media policy
Old Jun 23, 2019, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by JFX1764
I've heard the biggest push is union advice re: social media, otherwise just as many Cabin Crew would be dropping out, who work under the same (new/updated) social media policy
It’s new company policy. It applies to everyone.

Some people may not have read it as carefully as others.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 4:34 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club - Gold
I suppose that explains this tweet earlier on by Captain Dave Wallsworth:

"6 monthly simulator check passed. Certified to fly again. However, due to various issues I wanted to let everyone know that I will be temporarily closing my twitter and insta accounts later this week. But as Arnie once said, I’ll be back. Thanks for your continued support."

Interesting to see what happens...
Old Jun 24, 2019, 12:55 am

Programs: BA Gold (woohoo)
Speculation alert...

I've been following a number of those under the BASmart program - mainly on Instagram - and I've enjoyed the insights. I know those participating have had some special access - meeting Cruz, taking delivery of the new liveries, I believe one was at the Golden ticket event last week. My speculation would be that someone has claimed that "you need to invest your own time in social media to get ahead these days". The union dispute may well be in the mix too, but someone has taken this "risk" seriously and so has banned it.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by flyer_tom
I suppose that explains this tweet earlier on by Captain Dave Wallsworth:

"6 monthly simulator check passed. Certified to fly again. However, due to various issues I wanted to let everyone know that I will be temporarily closing my twitter and insta accounts later this week. But as Arnie once said, I’ll be back. Thanks for your continued support."

Interesting to see what happens...
In the comments Captain Dave says a couple of times it is not due to IAG.... so maybe it is Unions or an other reason
george77300 likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 2:04 am

Programs: EasyJet Flight Club
As a number of BA pilots follow me on Twitter, I thought I would put out the question - ‘Has BA put a directive in place to stop employees posting to social media?’

The answer I got back was yes, can’t post while on duty. Although I was encouraged to give my feedback to BA.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 2:16 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Silver, Hertz President's Club
On a slightly related topic, a pilot told me that (when asking for a picture in the flight deck) they can take one for me, but can no longer be in it themselves.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 6:03 am

why would one say its nothing to do with being enforced by airline yet others say it is?
Airline is shooting themselves in the foot if banning it. Normally its very enjoyable and interesting.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 6:39 am

We used to have a BA produced app that would frame a picture of you in the flight deck with details beneath about the flight and aircraft registration. It was nice to have passengers in The flight deck and give them via email a more memorable photo. That is all now banned under the policy and none of us under the current climate are going to push back. If IAG and brand BA want a backward step on the push to full lo-co modus operandi then so be it. Sadly you won’t find me allowing any pictures in flight decks from now on. It is their train set and policy. The policy is very clear, plenty of crew have fallen fowl of frankly stupid postings on social media and paid with their jobs. If BA wants to kill off the ‘beyond the flight deck’ initiative then so be it. It is the policy first that has seen many of those who post stop doing so. Other issues are at play too, but those I will not elaborate on.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 8:10 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
I can't say I am hugely surprised it's all ending in tears somewhat, but it's a big shame if this really is the end. I did wonder what was up when, having had a 'celeb driver' on one sector, I got no feedback online when I mentioned it (when previously the response from the crews in question is more often than not v open and affable).

Let's just see what develops. Dave's comment about crews also not wanting to be currently put in an awkward position on SM is a fair one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.