Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San Josι (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montrιal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:52 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
That sounds like a bad or inexperienced crew ok the PHL flight though I always wonder in these situations why people don’t ask for they want.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 2:40 pm

Programs: BA Silver
One thing that I did notice that really didn't matter at the time was why go to all this trouble of upping the game re presentation and quality, then stick to paper bags of salt and pepper wrapped up in the cutlery.
We traveled home AA J today and even they had a couple of nice little plastic shakers, how much could this cost.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 3:26 pm
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Originally Posted by Exsilver
That Air New Zealand Business Class reminds me of battery chickens
I just flew it last week, and will be again today, AKL-NAN-AKL - the seat is actually comfortable, and works well - even without a window. The TV is always available to view, at any angle, good space around the seat for storage, and the on board service was unlike anything i've experienced before - me and my OH were blown away by the crew's attentiveness and warmth. All in all, i'd have this seat over Club World anyday. I was even able to get out of my seat, even with the table deployed and food still on the table - quite spacious really. And the kicker - they pipe music throughout the flight into the toilets... if you like that sort of thing
Old Aug 22, 2018, 8:52 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
Flew the new service SYD-LHR. First leg crew were not great. PDB was barely an inch of drink in the glass. They didn't issue the amenity kits (not too bothered as have several unopened but not good practice). Food for first meal was a much bigger step up than previously on this route.

2nd leg much better crew all round could tell they enjoyed their job and took pride in doing it well. The menu choice didn't appeal so decided to sleep instead. The new bedding is good but I wish the tiny mattress topper could be attached to the seat so it doesn't bunch whenever you move.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:43 pm

Is it still true that only flights on the JFK-LHR route have Do&Co catering? All other routes are Gate Gourmet?
Old Aug 27, 2018, 2:52 pm

Hi,

I have two flights scheduled in October in CW, one to KUL and one to BKK. Will these have the new catering by that time?
Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
They are not routes which have been announced but it is possible they could be for October.
3 new routes for the new catering from the 1st September.
DEL, KWI and MCT.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:09 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by AMSEDO
Hi,

I have two flights scheduled in October in CW, one to KUL and one to BKK. Will these have the new catering by that time?
I was just about to mention that Can I help you, a highly experienced CSD and a regular poster will be along shortly and on cue he has posted! ^

So, I have edited my post but please allow me to welcome you AMSEDO to Flyertalk and the BA Board and I hope you find this forum interesting but of course there are many, many other forums which may, or may not be useful to you.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 7:21 pm

Programs: BAEC GfL, currently GGL
Bedding and hand-run for service on LGW-CUN on Sat 25th Aug.
Depressing that despite the investment, BA decided to spoil things by cutting out the clotted cream from the “afternoon tea”. Scones without Roddas are not quite the same.
LPQ likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 9:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Silver
Originally Posted by furryman
Depressing that despite the investment, BA decided to spoil things by cutting out the clotted cream from the “afternoon tea”.
Are you sure it was an intentional omission? I had clotted cream with my scone on my last TATL flight (not 10 days ago).
Old Aug 28, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: AS 100K
did BA get rid of the main course salads with the intro of this new CW service? I'm flying LHR-LAX next month and my options are:
BA269 London to Los Angeles 16:10

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.
Starters

• Scottish smoked salmon with Burford hens egg shallots dill crθme fraiche and pumpernickel
  • Fig and blue cheese tart with caramelized walnuts and red onion chutney
  • Creamy celeriac soup with pine nuts and chives
  • Superfood salad served with your choice of damson dressing or creamy ranch dressing

Main

• Seared fillet of British beef with potato dauphinoise honey roasted butternut squash and peppercorn jus
  • Roast breast of guinea fowl with potato fondant grilled baby leek and Madeira rosemary sauce
  • Spinach and ricotta cannelloni with wild mushrooms cherry tomatoes and Roquefort sauce

Dessert

• Lemon Fondant topped with pistachio crθme anglaise
  • Chocolate salted mille feuille with mascarpone cream
  • Warm chocolate almond and butterscotch sponge pudding with crθme anglaise
  • Clementines and Pommegranete
  • Butlers Secret Cheddar Cenarth Brie Stilton served with apricot walnut biscuits and sweet apple croxton chutney

I want my main course salad with chicken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! **throwing a toddler-tantrum**
Old Aug 28, 2018, 5:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Flew on BA296 from ORD yesterday. I was mostly busy sleeping, but had a couple of observations about the service:
- The packages of bedding are left on the seats, but of course had to immediately be put into the overhead locker before taking off (or even being able to sit down). It would be slicker if the bedding bales were in the overheads to start with, then customers can either help themselves or the crew can dispense them.
- I had the chicken main course, and it was awful. Dried out and almost inedible.
- Before takeoff, crew came round with breakfast cards (fill in your own seat number, tick a box), then collected them, then came round again to ask for main meal orders. I would expect to simply be visited once to give my breakfast and main meal order at the same time (and do it all verbally rather than finding a pen and filling out a card!).
Old Aug 29, 2018, 2:05 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by technical_bob
Flew on BA296 from ORD yesterday. I was mostly busy sleeping, but had a couple of observations about the service:
- The packages of bedding are left on the seats, but of course had to immediately be put into the overhead locker before taking off (or even being able to sit down). It would be slicker if the bedding bales were in the overheads to start with, then customers can either help themselves or the crew can dispense them.
- I had the chicken main course, and it was awful. Dried out and almost inedible.
- Before takeoff, crew came round with breakfast cards (fill in your own seat number, tick a box), then collected them, then came round again to ask for main meal orders. I would expect to simply be visited once to give my breakfast and main meal order at the same time (and do it all verbally rather than finding a pen and filling out a card!).
I would guess that a verbal confirmation of a breakfast order is a way of not preparing a meal you may have changed your mind on.
I often only feel like a smoothie and cup of tea in the morning when the night before it might have been a full English or ‘brunch’ as it is now described having had a bullet hard piece of chicken breast added !
Old Sep 3, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: BA, SW, IAG
Originally Posted by williamn78
You may get a new washbag - I got one on this route in May. Old bedding and sorry to say frankly terrible food. You may be lucky and get one of the refitted 777's though. My August YYZ-LGW flight has been changed to one.

How do you know if the flight is on a refitted plane?
Old Sep 3, 2018, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Which route and what date?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.