Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San Josι (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montrιal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2018, 4:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by TWCLAM
................................. Of course the devil will be in the detail and, imho, how the seats are configured in the cabin will play a large factor but i'm excited to see the new seats & imagine i'm not alone in anticipation. I'm already planning a trip next year specifically to try out the new seats which I presume will be on the LHR-JFK route as that normally gets 1stdibs on most things.
Indeed the devil is in the detail. Always the case, where BA innovations are concerned.

I wonder will the new seats / config be markedly better than the sort of sort of superior (relative to current CW) business class seats which have been available for several years now on many other airlines ........

Must say, I have my doubts ; but still hoping to be surprised.
TWCLAM likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 6:08 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Aslong as they don't take a leaf out of NZ's book, see video & skip to 02:20, then hopefully we'll be alright. One of my reasons for switching to BA at the start of this year was that I wanted to experience the old soft & hard products so that I could fairly compare the new products internally ( BA-BA) as well as against other airlines. My personal view is that BA should've moved on this years agoas their outdated hard product is something that turns many FF's away from the airline.

I guess there is the train of thought that whatever they come up with can't be worse than what they have currently( although I'm sure some might argue) so I'm generally optimistic on the new hard product. I have a friend who works for IAG and whilst he is, for obvious reasons, very tight lipped about the product itself he also becomes quite passionate & excited about the new seats which aren't normal personality traits for him generally speaking. That said with BA's recent history track record I dont think we are going to get a game changing product that shakes the industry up when it comes to BC travel like the existing one did 20 years ago.

Here's a config I DON'T want to see ( go to 02:20)
Old Jul 23, 2018, 6:17 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Not being able to look out the window would put me off, it's why I don't fly Virgin J.
twincheeks and TWCLAM like this.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 7:17 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Originally Posted by Pack
Not being able to look out the window would put me off, it's why I don't fly Virgin J.
Totally agree. "what's your preference aisle or window seat Sir?"
"window please"
"no problem we'll give you one you can't look out of"

WHY would you do that?!
Old Jul 23, 2018, 7:33 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, IHG Platinum Elite, Qatar Privilege Club
That Air New Zealand Business Class reminds me of battery chickens
flyerkit and TWCLAM like this.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 1:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Am I right in saying KUL is still old catering and new bedding? Thanks
Old Jul 24, 2018, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Correct.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by Exsilver
That Air New Zealand Business Class reminds me of battery chickens
Yes, it does look very similar in configuration to VS J.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 2:49 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Tried the new service on BA31 LHR-HKG.

Was asked which main I would like, and whether I would like still or sparkling water. When the tray came with the bread, it had still water, even though I asked for sparkling.

When the starters trolley was rolled out, was asked "Would you like a starter, or soup or salad?" There was no suggestion to take more than one.

The mains took ages to come out, but they apologised that there was a problem with the oven, so I guess this is unrelated to the new service.

The overall service took until about 3 hours after take off. Much longer than what I am used to on CX - but then, the food was better too.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
Yes, it does look very similar in configuration to VS J.
Same, yes. They were one of the first to pick it up (Cathay did some planes with it, as did Delta). I was on these seats the last time about three years ago and yes, it was a bit restrictive even compared to ba's CW (all aisle access notwithstanding). This was the second J seat I got to fly in (the first being VS J2000), so my memory was positive, but I have to say it is not the best seat these days. It was still a nice service, though, even without the bells and whistles of old (who didn't love a massage on the plane?).
Old Aug 8, 2018, 12:51 am

Programs: UA MM, AA EXP, VS (silver-for-life revoked), DL, WN, AS, Hilton diamond, Marriott gold
Does anyone have an August CW menu US to Heathrow they can post? (SFO if it matters)

(ETA: is there another thread where I should be looking or asking?)

Last edited by 1111; Aug 8, 2018 at 5:27 pm
Old Aug 8, 2018, 2:24 pm

New bedding/ catering to Barbados BGI

Traveling Dec 2018.
Any chances the new bedding/.catering will be available to Bridgetown BGI ?
argonath likes this.

Last edited by Bhisham Mahtani; Aug 8, 2018 at 2:55 pm
Old Aug 8, 2018, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Bhisham Mahtani
Traveling Dec 26 2018.
Any chances the new bedding/.catering will be available to Bridgetown BGI ?
Bedding already in use

Catering won’t be
Old Aug 8, 2018, 2:51 pm

Thanks!
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 3:01 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Bhisham Mahtani
Thanks!
And let me welcome you to Flyertalk Bhisham Mahtan, we have had quite a few new people join today for some reason, but there's always room for more. Welcome to the BA Board. Hopefully your next longhaul from LGW will also have the new catering as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.