Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San José (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montréal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Not if the cabin temperature is set to 27 degrees
Which it often is on BA in my experience. I have never experienced this on QR though, they always seem to get the cabin temperature right.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by Buster
Yes, I suppose I was rather upset (and hangry, which was not helping matters). My husband just shrugged it off as "being BA" and thought I was out of my head to expect anything better.
How sad that people think this.
flygirl68 and williamn78 like this.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 7:10 am

Programs: BA Exec Silver
Originally Posted by Can I help you
I can see that there were a couple of miss understanding between you and the crew but the way you say you were spoken to is unacceptable and you should write to BA and complain.
Calling it a bit of a 'misunderstanding' seems a bit of an understatement. Apart from the rudeness of the crew, there was no food! How, on what is being billed as a 'new, improved food and beverage service' being rolled out across the network can BA get the correct food loading so wrong (especially when departing from its home base)?

I guess I've always been lucky getting first choices and decent offerings on BA and have never seen them run out of food before. It just seems that this experience is so far away from the expected standard, its got me perplexed, and a bit worried what to expect on my upcoming J LHR to MIA trip in November.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:25 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
I would want to know as soon as possible if any customer was unhappy, how else am I supposed to make things better?
I did just this on my flight in F on Saturday. CSM was very supportive and apologetic. Crew then ignored me the rest of the flight. I actually went to the F galley, accessed the chiller, and poured my own champagne while they watched me. There were 4 passengers, including myself and OH in F, and 2 out of the 4 slept the whole way...
Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry, why did you do this after speaking the supportive CSM, why didn’t you speak to them again after there wasn’t any improvement?
Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Travelnut1974
Calling it a bit of a 'misunderstanding' seems a bit of an understatement. Apart from the rudeness of the crew, there was no food! How, on what is being billed as a 'new, improved food and beverage service' being rolled out across the network can BA get the correct food loading so wrong (especially when departing from its home base)?

I guess I've always been lucky getting first choices and decent offerings on BA and have never seen them run out of food before. It just seems that this experience is so far away from the expected standard, its got me perplexed, and a bit worried what to expect on my upcoming J LHR to MIA trip in November.
Can I ask, did the crew serve the starters and salad from a trolley, also did they use the same trolley for desserts and cheese?
Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:42 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Sorry, why did you do this after speaking the supportive CSM, why didn’t you speak to them again after there wasn’t any improvement?
lol, oh I see, it’s my fault...

I spoke to (the very good!) CSM about my issues, who then told me a short time later she had discussed with her team and I should have no further problems. Her Colleagues in F then decided they’d ignore me instead.

I don’t fly F and then expect to handle employee or HR bloody relations! It was easier to feed and pour drinks myself.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It’s not you fault and I wasn’t blaming you but if the CSM spoke to the team they should of ensured that the team acted on the feedback, did the CSM know that all wasn’t OK after their chat?
Old Jul 10, 2018, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by travelwithross

I did just this on my flight in F on Saturday. CSM was very supportive and apologetic. Crew then ignored me the rest of the flight. I actually went to the F galley, accessed the chiller, and poured my own champagne while they watched me. There were 4 passengers, including myself and OH in F, and 2 out of the 4 slept the whole way...
Good for you ^

Such a poor show - what a disappointment.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 10:26 am

Can I ask, did the crew serve the starters and salad from a trolley, also did they use the same trolley for desserts and cheese?
No trolley used for service at all except to pick up trays. Had there been a trolley, it would have been easier to rectify the "no starter" situation, but I had to flag someone down after the cabin had been served to figure out why I had no starter. Once I did that, someone else did too, so there was clearly something wrong with the order taking.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you for coming back, well all I can say is the service was lacking in many areas and I’m sorry that you had to suffer this.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 4:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by T8191
The sainted LHR-JFK strikes again!

I’m getting really tired of hearing about how wonderful that route is, when BA oax paying for premium cabins ex-LGW are still waiting to see any actual enhancements. I woukd have thought the holiday trade deserved a bit better, otherwise the pax might choose a different carrier.
It's not that sainted. I used it to JFK on G-BNLN and had a toilet out of order, no over head locker as it was taped shut and I could see the innards of the plane as some of the wall panels had come off and had been taped back in place. No duvet makes up for flying on what felt like a flying scrapyard in CW.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 5:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by BHDATC
................... No duvet makes up for flying on what felt like a flying scrapyard in CW.
That’s quite an image you’ve painted there, and I can’t quite get it out of my head !

Hope the pillow at least was in one piece, with no taping required
Old Jul 11, 2018, 6:45 am

Programs: ba exec club
New club service from DXB-LHR on a 773 this morning.

Excellent crew, and very very tasty lunch service - didn’t look amazing but tasted great and delivered in a very stylish way!

Old Jul 12, 2018, 7:38 am

Had the new bedding on Tuesday's BA2204 from Punta Cana to Gatwick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.