Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San José (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montréal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2018, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by Neilgcal
Can anyone advise if there is a full trolley dinner service on the late evening DXB flights -BA 105 and BA 109 or are they like a sleeper style service that runs on JFK flights? Also do they serve breakfast in the morning prior to arrival or not due to the shorter length?

The reason I ask is that in the next sale I will be booking with my parents and they never go business so would prefer they get the full club meal service etc to enjoy at the start of the holiday.

Thanks for any info.
These late departures get this service.
We no longer offer a Sleeper Service so they will have a choice of two starters, one hot (soup) and one cold, a choice of 3 main courses hot and cold desserts and cheese. Breakfast can be preordered and is a Continental style plus a choice of a meat/fish or vegetarian hot sandwich.
If you want the longer more elaborate trolley service you need to choose the day flights.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The new bedding started being loaded on some LGW flights yesterday and from the 6th July The White Company bedding will be on ALL CW flights worldwide.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 6:12 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Thanks for letting us know. That's nice to know.

Why does it take so long to change the bedding? Not much hope for changing the video systems...............
Old Jul 4, 2018, 6:23 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Originally Posted by Can I help you
The new bedding started being loaded on some LGW flights yesterday and from the 6th July The White Company bedding will be on ALL CW flights worldwide.

I am incredibly happy to hear this Thank you for letting us know & I look forward to using it soon
Old Jul 4, 2018, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Can I help you
... and from the 6th July The White Company bedding will be on ALL CW flights worldwide.
Excellent news ... thanks CIHY. My long sleep LGW-CPT is eagerly awaited! ^
Old Jul 5, 2018, 3:31 am

The QR White Company PJ's from their business class is a perfect match with the BA White Company bedding.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Petrus
The QR White Company PJ's from their business class is a perfect match with the BA White Company bedding.
Not if the cabin temperature is set to 27 degrees
Grande Annee likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 3:50 am

we are on 2166 from TPA to LGW this evening (July 5th) wonder if the flight out got the new stuff loaded for us ?
Old Jul 5, 2018, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Not if the cabin temperature is set to 27 degrees
62A/K Nice and cool.
Sorry for OT
Old Jul 5, 2018, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flabound
we are on 2166 from TPA to LGW this evening (July 5th) wonder if the flight out got the new stuff loaded for us ?
I’m guessing not but there a few routes that have it before all routes on the 6th, hopefully you will be lucky.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 8:03 am

Programs: BA Silver
Any information concerning new catering on TLV (I see that new bedding is already available)?
Old Jul 9, 2018, 10:49 am

Very strange experience with the new service on Saturday, LHR-LAX. For the first (primary) meal, I pre-ordered my main, but there was no indication that I had done so (by contrast, they confirmed with my husband that he had pre-ordered the beef). Onboard, I ordered the salmon starter, but when the trays came out, there was no starter with mine. I was rather abruptly told that I had not ordered a starter, and there was no starter for me. After much back and forth, I basically had to beg for them to bring me a starter. After the mains, they brought around a tray from which you could pick a dessert, but there was no cheese on offer, and you could not get a port either, even though both were on the menu.

For the light meal, the menu indicated that there were 2 starter choices and 3 main meal choices. A tray arrived with one of the starters on it (we were given no choices), and then my tray was taken away before any main was made available, and before I could eat the dessert. My husband saw what happened to me and objected, and was also rather rudely told, "there's nothing else coming, eat your dessert if you want it." I was left hungry and frankly a bit upset about what had happened. It's not as though we were running late and they had to hurry up and prepare the plane for landing, as there were 2 and a half hours left in the flight.

We were also on the receiving end of a 5 hour delay, so perhaps the crew was just done with the whole thing by the end, but it was somewhat jarring and left me with a rather sour taste. I had an LGW-OAK flight last month that literally ran out of food (there was nothing left for me for the light meal, and I was only in row 3!), so I do think BA has a problem with catering. Not sure why I keep booking BA at this rate.
wrp96 and ChrisMcP like this.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 12:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
@ Buster - you say you were “frankly a bit upset” .

Do I sense a certain understatement in your choice of words ... ?

Given the sort of catering service you received, I’m tempted to ask what exactly it would take to make you feel VERY upset ......
wrp96 likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can see that there were a couple of miss understanding between you and the crew but the way you say you were spoken to is unacceptable and you should write to BA and complain.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by subject2load
@ Buster - you say you were “frankly a bit upset” .

Do I sense a certain understatement in your choice of words ... ?

Given the sort of catering service you received, I’m tempted to ask what exactly it would take to make you feel VERY upset ......
Yes, I suppose I was rather upset (and hangry, which was not helping matters). My husband just shrugged it off as "being BA" and thought I was out of my head to expect anything better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.