Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San José (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montréal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2018, 5:19 pm

That's a shame, thanks for the update though ^
Old May 17, 2018, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
From today 17th May the following routes will have The White Company bedding onboard.
AUS, BWI, MSY, ORD, YUL, YYC, YYZ
Old May 17, 2018, 6:48 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Can I help you
From today 17th May the following routes will have The White Company bedding onboard.
Yay!!!! Thank you so much for this great piece of news, Can I help you! :-: ^
Old May 17, 2018, 7:39 am

Programs: British Airways, Hilton
Great, thanks for the update, flying CW to BWI on 23 May will report back...
Old May 18, 2018, 3:41 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver
Experienced the new bedding and food on BA 31 to HKG on 04.05.2018 and was genuinely excited to have the new glassware for drinks etc. Sadly the whole service went to pots at the meal time after a good start. Starters offered with sparkling water I did not request, no wine with my main meal of BA Hockey Puck beef nor did the crew respond to my crew bell. In the end I just gave up and ate the meal without any wine (first world problems I know). It's going to take a long time to get to grips with the new changes but it's a step in the right direction I suppose...
Old May 18, 2018, 4:52 am
oot

fantastic review and can't believe i haven't read it before. thanks!

Flew to New York last week on this service and was pleasantly surprised by the food and service. Little touches like noticing I had stirred after napping, and coming over to ask if I wanted coffee.
Old May 18, 2018, 6:25 am

Programs: BA LTGold; LH Senator; HHGold; Bonvoy Plat
My experience of catering out to SFO
- Three choices of champagne (I know this is standard, but pretty rare in business class though, and not praised enough on here)
- Excellent menu, although with 3 main course choices you don't always get a fish option
- Service was professional and friendly. Orders taken and drinks served within 30 minutes of takeoff, and a second drink was served too before the meal service began.
- Meal started around an hour/quarter past in. Asparagus starter excellent and asked for another. Salad had some interesting ingredients too. Lots of people chose the soup I noticed
- Confit of Duck was tasty
- Lots of wine consumed as top ups were frequent - and I love the glasses.
- Cheese selection great and a big step up from the old offer
- I also had the chcoloate bomb thing with some brandy
- Second meal service was excellent too with a salad and some hot chicken
- The club kitchen was well stocked throughout (I didn't have anything)

Overall this was seriously impressive and a massive step up form old Club in terms of visual impact, quality of ingredients, choices and quantity of food. Certainly better than SQ/CX/AA/LH who I all fly occasionally. There was no sign of crew struggling with complexity, and its only because of reading this thread I thought it could be an issue. It hasn't been an issue on my New York runs either.
Old May 18, 2018, 6:54 am

Programs: BA Silver, VIPorter, VIA Preference: Privilčge, Air Canada Aeroplan
I wonder if there is an issue with catering generally out of YYZ. My parents reported a terrible experience on their CW flight out of there (however they loved the food into EWR), and my last CE flight out (to LGW, so the old service) was similarly dire.
Old May 18, 2018, 7:45 am

Hi

Any experience out of Seattle?

thx
Old May 18, 2018, 10:15 am

Experienced the new service offering from YYC last night. I can say that the food was pretty good and the bedding nice, but there were a few delivery issues consistent with what others have reported on various routes. One thing I will say is that the service was pretty quick compared to some other reports; I think my table was cleared 90 minutes after departure and that was with a full CW cabin on a 788.
Old May 18, 2018, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Delivery of the overnight service without the trolleys isn’t a problem it’s the day flights from LHR that go on and on and on.
Old May 18, 2018, 1:46 pm

CIHY, do you find that crew are less keen/likely to ask to work in the Club cabin with the new service and the extra time involved?
Old May 18, 2018, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It’s not the extra work it’s the stress of delivering such a disjointed badly designed service.
Old May 18, 2018, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by ehud
Hi

Any experience out of Seattle?

thx
I did it on May 4th, a few days after the new service was introduced. UD on a 747. The food was good but oh my goodness was it slow.
Old May 18, 2018, 4:27 pm

It’s not the extra work it’s the stress of delivering such a disjointed badly designed service.
Is there much a crew can do using their own initiative to steer away from the poor service design and get things running smoother?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.