Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San Josι (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montrιal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2018, 6:35 am

Programs: LOTS
Just returned from CPT, 63 J& K. New bedding is a vast improvement, no change yet to the menu.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Samaras

- They ran out of the Roast Cod, so my Wife never got her first choice. She said the beef was dry. Roast Cod was a nice dish.
Remember that with new as with old service, you can still pre order your main on all ex-London flights and that guarantees that you will get your first choice. If not, you unfortunately always run a risk of it not being available unless you have very high frequent flyer elite status.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 6:59 am

Ahh, shame about CPT. I just popped into this thread to see what I might expect on tomorrow's flight. Ah well.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 7:00 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Remember that with new as with old service, you can still pre order your main on all ex-London flights and that guarantees that you will get your first choice. If not, you unfortunately always run a risk of it not being available unless you have very high frequent flyer elite status.
I pre-ordered on my recent LHR - JFK. The CC appeared to have no knowledge of the pre-orders as they took our orders on the plane. This might be an old problem but I mention it in case it is linked to the new service. (I pre-ordered on the old service in June 17 and those worked fine.)
Old Apr 5, 2018, 7:34 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by frank_poulankh
I pre-ordered on my recent LHR - JFK. The CC appeared to have no knowledge of the pre-orders as they took our orders on the plane. This might be an old problem but I mention it in case it is linked to the new service. (I pre-ordered on the old service in June 17 and those worked fine.)
Maybe just teething issues. My main pre-order on that route a couple of weeks ago was recognized and was served before everyone else's to ensure they didn't run out (with the exception of the AA elite next to me who got everything first).
Old Apr 5, 2018, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by frank_poulankh
I think you were just unlucky (however unpleasant that undoubtedly was!) I have had the new service multiple time and had my pre-ordered main acknowledged and duly delivered on every one of my ex-LHR flights.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 7:49 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Maybe just teething issues. My main pre-order on that route a couple of weeks ago was recognized and was served before everyone else's to ensure they didn't run out (with the exception of the AA elite next to me who got everything first).
I think you were just unlucky (however unpleasant that undoubtedly was!) I have had the new service multiple time and had my pre-ordered main acknowledged and duly delivered on every one of my ex-LHR flights.
Glad to hear it mostly works. I'll try to pre-order on my next trip and see what happens.
orbitmic and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Bedding starting mid April.
ORD, SIN, SIN-SYD and YYZ.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 1:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum
Good point, I had planned to mention that in my original post but clearly didn’t.

We had opted not to pre order, as we couldn’t decide before hand what we wanted. My wife has silver status, so we were aware that she might not get her first choice.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 7:58 am

Programs: BA Silver, VIPorter, VIA Preference: Privilθge, Air Canada Aeroplan
My parents just flew LHR-EWR and YYZ-LHR in CW.
They're not frequent CW users but remarked on excellent food outbound to EWR.
They said food on the return from YYZ was 'awful' and from their description of the menu it sounds like it is still the 'old' food. They did however get the new bedding.
They remarked that they feel the new amenity kit is a downgrade which was was surprised about. Maybe because my Mum loves shoe bags.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 1:07 pm

waooo what a fantastic post and sharing
Old Apr 6, 2018, 7:16 pm

I just came off of BA93 LHR-YUL and was somewhat disappointed to see the old bedding. It was my first time in BA CW and that part of experi nice was really disappointing. The rest was really good though (with the obvious caveats of the issues with the seat thaf are beaten to death on this forum) - I enjoyed my meal, the crew was very friendly and the amenity kit is also pretty nice — I think it contained the nicest sleeping mask I’ve ever received on a plane.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 6:41 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Whilst I do like aspects of the new service which I have now experienced 6 times on the JFK route (all UD) I have to say I think the flaws are beginning to become apparent.
Outbound I had a chipped water glass - given the cut glass style it was neatly disguised and lay in wait for yours truly to find it with her lip.
Inbound was a little more serious, over the last couple of years I have started to become allergic to various items including cranberries and ginger (no more curry for me).
I asked for a vodka and tonic which was brought - it had a slight yellow tinge, before I drank any I queried it with the cabin crew who assured me it was indeed a V&T - after a sip I realised it was ginger ale but by then the damage was done- a very sore and swollen tongue and assorted other symptoms. It was serious enough for an incident report and offer of medics meeting the plane but at that point I just wanted to be home - had it been the ‘old’ service I would have been given the mixer in its container. I know that the tins are very similar but are the crew that busy with the new service mistakes like this happen often ?
I have sent an email to CS and expect a cut and paste any time soon.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 6:45 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I've just been served a Magnum Mini en route to JFK.

Makes a nice change from a yogurt!

M
Old Apr 7, 2018, 7:51 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by missdimeaner
Whilst I do like aspects of the new service which I have now experienced 6 times on the JFK route (all UD) I have to say I think the flaws are beginning to become apparent.
Outbound I had a chipped water glass - given the cut glass style it was neatly disguised and lay in wait for yours truly to find it with her lip.
Inbound was a little more serious, over the last couple of years I have started to become allergic to various items including cranberries and ginger (no more curry for me).
I asked for a vodka and tonic which was brought - it had a slight yellow tinge, before I drank any I queried it with the cabin crew who assured me it was indeed a V&T - after a sip I realised it was ginger ale but by then the damage was done- a very sore and swollen tongue and assorted other symptoms. It was serious enough for an incident report and offer of medics meeting the plane but at that point I just wanted to be home - had it been the ‘old’ service I would have been given the mixer in its container. I know that the tins are very similar but are the crew that busy with the new service mistakes like this happen often ?
I have sent an email to CS and expect a cut and paste any time soon.
I would hardly call these flaws. Chipped glasses will always be a risk, yes its harder to see a crack but seems a little excessive to avoid them for this reason. Few airlines around the world provide mixers in J so I don't think the inbound issue can be blamed on the new service (except when compared to the old service). Obviously a very significant mistake for you (while a minor one for a CC to make) but could be rectified in the future by just asking to mix yourself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.