Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San José (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montréal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Old Mar 19, 2018, 5:03 am
Ziz

Programs: BA Silver
While you're here...my menu for LHR-YYZ in April shows several desserts, but no cheese. Does that mean there won't be a cheese plate, or is it just not mentioned on the MMB menu?
Old Mar 19, 2018, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
That’s a mistake there will be a selection of three cheeses, actually the quality and quantity of cheese is an improvement.
orbitmic and lostinlondon like this.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 5:17 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you
That’s a mistake there will be a selection of three cheeses, actually the quality and quantity of cheese is an improvement.
Thanks - had the same issue for my flight next week. Safe to assume I can get a pudding + cheese or should I be especially proactive in that regard?
Old Mar 19, 2018, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You should proactively ask for this.
lostinlondon likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 5:24 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
You should proactively ask for this.
Should I ask about the desert/cheese catering ratios? Sorry if you've already posted!
Old Mar 19, 2018, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by florens
3h30? Wow. That is way too long IMO.

Originally Posted by sts603
More than 3.5h for the whole meal on a day flight, 1.5h for a first beverage after take off is absolutely unacceptable. 40m tops is what I consider acceptable in J on a day flight. 20-30m on a short night flight (I except 20m on the UD of a 747 where most of my BA short red eyes are spent but tolerate 30m otherwise).
Sorry if my explanations were not clear. t+1.5 is when the meal started and I've just noticed I wrote "after take off" but I have no idea why I did that as I meant "after departure" (will correct accordingly) so really about 1h after take off and about 45-50 minutes after seatbet sign off. t+3.5 is when the entire meal was completed including aperitif, full meal, tea and coffee. I would say that my usual old service meals finish around t+3 so effectively adding about half an hour here. And as mentioned before, the added time is not 'waiting' time but time when people actually eat and drink - there really is a lot more food than before. The only time which I felt I was waiting too long was trays collection at the end and indeed the first drink. For some reason the crew did not take orders before take off and again, there was clearly a catering loading issue (as mentioned no soap, lotion, or sparkling water on an ex-LHR flight!) so I suspect the crew had some sort of issue with stocks or trying to figure out what they had.

I was sat at the end of the first smaller cabin. I think that both cabins were served in parallel at the same time.

Last edited by orbitmic; Mar 19, 2018 at 5:47 am
Old Mar 19, 2018, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can ask but I don’t know these off the top of my head, I would say that we normally have cheese left over.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 5:46 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by lostinlondon
Thanks - had the same issue for my flight next week. Safe to assume I can get a pudding + cheese or should I be especially proactive in that regard?
Agreed.

There was much better quality and quantity. Presentation was good and the cheese was not frozen.
lostinlondon likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 5:48 am
Suspended

I have posted this before, here are the previous and new quantities.
OLD
100% starters and 100% salads. Total 200%.
NEW
100% starters, 20% salads and 20% soup. Total 140%.
The process now is to not offer more than one choice and then only 40% hopefully ask for something else.
I thought it was 40% soup and 40% salad, total 180%
Has this changed?
Old Mar 19, 2018, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DOH, I am sorry I think you are correct latteland, let me check.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: BA Silver
I know LGW-LIM hasn't got the new CW Service but do we get two full meals ? Its a 12.5 hours flight departs at 1350 . I haven't flown CW for 3 years and although the journey was about the same length it was a night flight.

Sorry couldn't find a better place to ask this.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes dinner and hot breakfast.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bedding only.
From the 21st March the following route will have the new bedding.
DFW, DEL, BOM, HND, NRT, BAH, MCT, GIG, GRU, PEK, LOS, LAD and PVG.
Tobias-UK, LeperKing and cgtechuk like this.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:34 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Yes dinner and hot breakfast.
I'm assuming that's for eastbound. Assuming westbound is hot big dinner and hot small dinner like LAX?
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:41 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by sts603
I'm assuming that's for eastbound. Assuming westbound is hot big dinner and hot small dinner like LAX?
Yes, at least when I've flown it it was lunch and hot meal out to Perú and dinner and breakfast on the return. The second meal isn't that small either, last time it was this plus a salad first course (bumpy flight, hence the less than stellar presentation), roast chicken, beetroot and potatoes.

[This is not representative of the new CW catering under discussion here, this question is best handled in the CW catering threads available via the Dashboard]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.