Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San José (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montréal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2018, 1:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred Plus, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
I experienced the new catering and bedding on the Boston route this week. Very disappointing. While I can see the different service style, the food just seemed like business as usual. As for the "mattress topper" it's so thin it makes no difference to comfort.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 2:17 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by pondhopper79
I experienced the new catering and bedding on the Boston route this week. Very disappointing. While I can see the different service style, the food just seemed like business as usual. As for the "mattress topper" it's so thin it makes no difference to comfort.
Did you find the rest of the bedding disappointing too?
Old Feb 16, 2018, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The next routes to be launched will be SAN, SFO, LAX, SJC, LAS & PHX, no date yet.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred Plus, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

Did you find the rest of the bedding disappointing too?
There was nothing wrong with the cover per se, I was just expecting a more comfortable sleep than I'm used to. I didn't feel I got that.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I think that the new bedding is great especially the pillow, the mattress topping is pointless.
mjh0 and mikeyfly like this.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Can I help you
The next routes to be launched will be SAN, SFO, LAX, SJC, LAS & PHX, no date yet.
Sorry I had just missed CIHY's post last night and just posted this in the main course pre-order thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29426693-post1183.html

Basically, my LAX trip in mid-March seems to feature the new food concept (full menu in the post) so the launch date is presumably either 1 March or 15ish March. Either way, it is a most welcome evolution from my point of view. ^ I am actually taking the flight on the 388 so it will be interesting to see for myself how this works given the plane's unique service features which I realise make some aspects of the service harder to deliver.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 6:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
I think that the new bedding is great especially the pillow, the mattress topping is pointless.
I find the Club bed definitely benefits from adding something. On an empty flight, I've created a ghetto topped before from a spare blanket and slept soundly on that. Something to soften + even out the lumps and bumps. Curious to see what the new provision is like.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 3:24 pm

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by pondhopper79
As for the "mattress topper" it's so thin it makes no difference to comfort.
I personally disagree. Yes, the topper is too short and thin, but personally, to me, it does make a difference and I like having it. I also find the new pillow and the new duvet much better than the old pillow and blanket. On the whole, I think that the new bedding in general makes a significant difference to my comfort, especially on night flights.
oldone and PETER01 like this.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 12:18 pm
sgm

Programs: BA Gold
Just noticed that the pre-order menu for a mid-March J to SAN looks like new menu (eg soup; 3 mains; more desserts).
orbitmic likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 12:22 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by sgm
Just noticed that the pre-order menu for a mid-March J to SAN looks like new menu (eg soup; 3 mains; more desserts).
Which ties in with orbitmic's timings too. See post above and link, where he has put the LAX menu. Since it includes soup (wild mushroom) it seems to be a similar style to the JFK meals.
sgm and orbitmic like this.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 12:36 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

I am enjoying reading this and as for the mattress toppers I think it will make a difference not to lie on the actual fabric of the seat. I hope to try out this service later in the year.

Last edited by Prospero; Feb 18, 2018 at 2:36 pm Reason: Remove reply to deleted post
Old Feb 18, 2018, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Which ties in with orbitmic's timings too. See post above and link, where he has put the LAX menu. Since it includes soup (wild mushroom) it seems to be a similar style to the JFK meals.
Indeed! sgm, if you look at my post as mentioned by c-w-s, it would be interesting to know if your menu is the same as mine! is anyone flying to SFO in the second half of March? Would be good to see if it gets the new service at the same time too!
sgm likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 2:37 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Seven off-topic posts have been removed from view. Please try to keep this thread free from clutter.

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Old Feb 18, 2018, 2:40 pm
sgm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Indeed! sgm, if you look at my post as mentioned by c-w-s, it would be interesting to know if your menu is the same as mine! is anyone flying to SFO in the second half of March? Would be good to see if it gets the new service at the same time too!
Looks to be exactly the same menu, orbitmic

Now posted to https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29431525-post1189.html
Old Feb 18, 2018, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by sgm
Looks to be exactly the same menu, orbitmic

Now posted to https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29431525-post1189.html
Excellent! I think it makes it more likely that this is hopefully not a mistake and that we'll both be enjoying the new service on our Californian flights next months!! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.