Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San José (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montréal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2018, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Real shame about the return of the infamous salt and pepper sachets. It's one of those silly things like the single F loo flower which makes no big difference but will participate in giving people a less positive intuitive perception of a much improved service. Many airlines manage to give salt and pepper shakers and/or mills even on short haul C but BA looks for excuse to removing them in long haul J?

I'm personally totally not bothered by the bread basket and olive oil, but I do find it a bit deceptive if BA indeed claims this is to be to fluidify delivery. The whole point of the tri-bread was (understandably) to shave a bit of time compared to the alternative of offering bread choice and a two bread basket or three bread basket takes exactly the same time to put up, as for olive oil, presumably, giving it on request takes longer than just having it on the tray set up to begin with, but BA must have decided that too many people do not use theirs and if that's their way to shave a few pennies, heck, why not.

I'm surprised the new service is not extended to CWLCY by the way!
TPJ and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 2:29 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
Our SD in F flying to Tokyo from Heathrow around Xmas said that they were having serious teething issues with the new CW product. J crews working much harder than F apparently with this new service. Not surprised that the rollout is slow.
Originally Posted by Can I help you
I’m guessing that most customers won’t notice the service changes and it should enable us to deliver the service quicker, it’s better but still not enough so expect to see some more changes in the future.
I believe the HKG route won’t be too long a wait.
Thanks for your insights as always, per poster's comment above I have been told by CC that the service as it currently stands is not going to work on longer routes where crew need to work a set length of time, then take a proper break. It would likely overrun on busier planes (think a 380 to LAX, HKG or SIN) and crew would simply not be able to complete it in the times their schedules require. This seems to line up with your comments about more changes coming and with all the routes this is being extended to for now being sub-4000 mile routes. Is this a reasonable perception?
Old Jan 9, 2018, 2:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Well I'm writing this evening from the upper deck of the BA113, which is apparently one of the four jumbos in the fleet with gogoinflight internet service. In addition to being the new service. I have to say I was positively delighted. The crew were a little unsure, I think, and pointed out how long it took to serve, but at the same time seemed pleased to think that the long slide into a grim and spartan service had subsided (if only slightly and perhaps temporarily).

I'll definitely be filing a feedback report with BA to express how impressed I am. I had honestly taken to using other oneworld airlines' business class recently, as CW is so unremarkable. It just doesn't feel special in any way. The new service really does feel like something special. Combined with the inflight wifi, I feel like I could almost be on a really good European or Asian airline c. 2014! ;-)

The pillows are fantastic, and it's a shame to hear the small grey pillow might go, as it is excellent. It is perfect for my head or lower back when I'm working!

No visit or welcome from the CSD on this trip, interestingly. Just was notable, as otherwise the crew have been fantastic.

Last edited by Expatbear; Jan 9, 2018 at 2:48 pm
Old Jan 9, 2018, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The CSD is downstairs with a broom up their arse.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 2:29 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Expatbear
Well I'm writing this evening from the upper deck of the BA113...
hello BA113...

​​​​​​​
Expatbear likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 2:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk

hello BA113...
*waves*
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:24 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
Boarding imminent for BA182 from JFK- Will heed my own advice and not use the day blanket, anyone who has a penchant for wearing black will find out how super fluffy and covered me in lint !
Old Jan 10, 2018, 12:08 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Yes there a few, the salt and pepper shakers are being removed and replaced by paper sachets.
Olive oil will be on request only.
On non JFK routes the three in one bread rolls will be replaced by 2 different single bread rolls.
Basically, the whole bread/butter/condiments tray is going away. Can't see how service will be quicker without, but maybe it's me.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lefly
Basically, the whole bread/butter/condiments tray is going away. Can't see how service will be quicker without, but maybe it's me.

It looks really good, genuinely PREMIUM what a shame it’s for the chop after so little time.
T8191 and apollo00 like this.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 3:28 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
I assume that YVR will be the back of the queue for the CW enhancements (like it has been for everything else as long as I can remember) and certainly nothing next week? Will be a bit of come down after so many JFK trips recently in that case...
Old Jan 10, 2018, 9:46 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
According to Alex Cruz's email just now - my bolding below.

All routes?

British Airways is and always will be a premium airline and we are investing £4.5bn over the next 5 years to give you the best flying experience possible. One example of this is our transformation of the dining and bedding in our Club World cabins. This has started on services to and from New York and will roll out across all routes in the coming year. We are also committed to improving your experience on the ground and have opened a series of new lounges including Gatwick and Boston, opened our First Wing at T5 and introduced premium car transfers between terminals at Heathrow.

Old Jan 10, 2018, 9:55 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
According to Alex Cruz's email just now - my bolding below.

All routes?

British Airways is and always will be a premium airline and we are investing £4.5bn over the next 5 years to give you the best flying experience possible. One example of this is our transformation of the dining and bedding in our Club World cabins. This has started on services to and from New York and will roll out across all routes in the coming year. We are also committed to improving your experience on the ground and have opened a series of new lounges including Gatwick and Boston, opened our First Wing at T5 and introduced premium car transfers between terminals at Heathrow.
Did you expect him to say something else?
Old Jan 10, 2018, 9:58 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by golfmad
I think it's more the fact that I was surprised it was going to hit all routes this year.

I mean if he had said 'all Asia and America' routes, then I'd give him some credit, but all? Surely he's just setting himself up for failure.

M
Old Jan 10, 2018, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by golfmad
​​​​​​​We have listened to our customers on the JFK route and decided to offer a much greater quality and choice than our trial, we are now offering more through our M&S partnership so our business customers can now purchase a meal they truely want across all our routes”

sorry, couldn’t resist!!
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
wrp96 and msm2000uk like this.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 10:51 am

I wonder if they will do another big press event, to showcase the refined (real) service, with the 2 roll breadbasket and the paper sachets of S&P etc...?
rockflyertalk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.