Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San Josι (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montrιal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:36 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
So any Sleeper Service experiences yet?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by sts603
So any Sleeper Service experiences yet?
Yes see post https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28765150-post3.html from CWS.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 7:30 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
I had seen that. Was more curious about how the true Sleeper (not Good Night) services were going, particularly in terms of lighting and service timing.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
There is no longer a Sleeper Service just the Goodnight Service.

GOODNIGHT EXPRESS
Customers can choose from the range of starters, main course or desserts and is to be delivered with the customers drink preference once the meal order is complete.
If a customer requests a main meal instead of a starter/dessert, signpost to them they are currently cooking and you will deliver once ready. Deliver the customers drink and nuts whilst they are waiting.
GOODNIGHT
Customer requests starter and main meal.
All flights should be completed in the dark but we are finding this is not possible on the earlier departures as the majority of customers are eating.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:59 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by Can I help you

GOODNIGHT EXPRESS
Customers can choose from the range of starters, main course or desserts and is to be delivered with the customers drink preference once the meal order is complete.
If a customer requests a main meal instead of a starter/dessert, signpost to them they are currently cooking and you will deliver once ready. Deliver the customers drink and nuts whilst they are waiting.
GOODNIGHT
All flights should be completed in the dark but we are finding this is not possible on the earlier departures as the majority of customers are eating.
After reading that I am still puzzled as to which one I had.

But I know I had food.
DMPHL likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: BA Silver, Skywards Silver
With these changes coming to Club World, do First flights offer that much difference now?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 9:35 am
Suspended

GOODNIGHT EXPRESS
GOODNIGHT
I'm very confused. All flights should be completed in the dark seems to go with the later flights but Goodnight Express seems to suggest by terminology it would be more abridged. Would you be able to elaborate what this really means in practice and how the lights will work on later flights?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All the flights have the same service from the 18.20 departure to the 22.55, the later the departure the quicker the service due to less customers eating.
The problem we are having with the no lighting is that it is slowing down the service on the busier earlier departures.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:14 am

All the flights have the same service from the 18.20 departure to the 22.55, the later the departure the quicker the service due to less customers eating.
The problem we are having with the no lighting is that it is slowing down the service on the busier earlier departures.
Do you mean more people are eating as it is the new service (therefore less eating in the school canteen before the flight)? Do the lights stay on for longer?

The Sleeper Service concept is the only reason I take BA TATL from JFK/PHL so very important for me.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:29 am

Programs: BA Silver
I was on the BA116 last night in 64K and I found the service really disruptive despite the crews best efforts. Far more people than usual had two courses or the full service and consequently their TV screens/reading lights seeped round the cabin. Add to that a particular vocal couple behind me who spoke/ate very loudly, not a great experience at all. I'm really quite disappointed that they're still offering practically a full meal service on the later flights, hopefully it's just the novelty factor and it will wear off.

Finally, the breakfast is still a terrible offering.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:38 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Bobbie2013
I was on the BA116 last night in 64K and I found the service really disruptive despite the crews best efforts. Far more people than usual had two courses or the full service and consequently their TV screens/reading lights seeped round the cabin. Add to that a particular vocal couple behind me who spoke/ate very loudly, not a great experience at all. I'm really quite disappointed that they're still offering practically a full meal service on the later flights, hopefully it's just the novelty factor and it will wear off.
Wouldn't that make them the crew in the galley?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rossmacd
Do you mean more people are eating as it is the new service (therefore less eating in the school canteen before the flight)? Do the lights stay on for longer?

The Sleeper Service concept is the only reason I take BA TATL from JFK/PHL so very important for me.
Sleeper has gone and it’s more of a full service, I don’t know if it’s a novelty but more customers are eating.
Everything is served by hand and I think with some tweaks will get quicker after a few months.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Wouldn't that make them the crew in the galley?
63K is behind 64K
Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:41 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

63K is behind 64K
Damn... I'd just realised I'd made an arse of myself so came back to edit.

You beat me to it so I'll take the beating.

Apologies.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Take it like a man, I assume you are one?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.