Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San José (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montréal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2018, 6:37 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Can I help you
To and from Japan?
Yes.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Could it be a restriction on cold food only?
Old Jul 16, 2018, 9:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Just flew LHR-IAH, absolute rubbish flight. The blanket and quilt were both too short for me, food was tasteless besides the dessert. Food service took 4 hours! Did not get a wink of sleep but that's more a slight on the hard product than anything. F is worth it if you have the miles I think.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 12:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonours, SPG, AVIS
Originally Posted by sts603
When you say only one starter? Did you try to order two starters or a starter + salad? If the later was prohibited, that's a big
Yes, I asked for the salad & soup, and was told I could only have 1
Old Jul 17, 2018, 1:22 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Originally Posted by escape2sun
Yes, I asked for the salad & soup, and was told I could only have 1
I can see Mr Cruz's head imploding already! By all accounts he is quite interested in the new food service and is encouraging on as much feedback as people want to throw at him regarding it. I know he's not universally liked but from what I've heard and read he does seem quite invested in the whole new food service thing.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 8:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Just completed my DFW-LHR-DFW flights in CW and enjoyed the new service. I couldn't quite figure out the mattress pad or whatever that thing was supposed to be but the quilted blanket was nice. I was seated in UD both flights and found the meal service to be quick, efficient and honestly all of the food was really good. I was offered more than one starter too but only opted for the salad. Half way through my LHR-DFW flight they came around with ice cream. That was a nice treat. The plane was filthy though (no surprise) and I went through almost an entire package of Wet Wipes. The FA saw me wiping down my area and asked if I could do the entire plane. :-)
Old Jul 17, 2018, 8:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by rosenkavalier
I have an upcoming LHR-SFO flight in Club and looking forward to try new meal service and compare to previous service.
Out of curiosity, how does it work with window seat pax and the appetiser trolley? The privacy divider will be up in most cases, how does the pax even have a view of the selection on the trolley? It must be annoying for the aisle seat mate if the window pax always lowers/raises the divider just to interact with the crew.

As for bedding it seems like they had good intentions but it must be annoying for Crew to stow at the end of the flight when everything is all over the place and they have to squeeze it all in the overheads. A neat freak/OCD's nightmare scenario. Lol...
They lowered the privacy window so I could view the items on the trolley.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: BA Gold
My first 'new' CW experience BWI-LHR and LHR-BWI. On the overnighter the quick food service was good - avoiding the wait in order to maximise sleep time. Bedding was nice - with the big pillow, although one cannot help but think that having the bedding stowed until after take off would be beneficial - first thing people have to do (or forget to do) is to move the bedding to the overhead bins!
On the daytime flight I did find the food service somewhat a case of style over substance. The choice of mains was somewhat limited (essentially chicken or beef) - before I remember having a salmon salad - which appeared to be a popular choice; the service was somewhat slow(er), before the tray would arrive with the starter etc, this time the tray arrived, and about 10-15 minutes later the trolley with the starters appeared (and we were in 1A/B - presumably longer for others). Quality of the food was good (note 'good'), quantity was also good, although I seem to recall the amount on the short-haul CE being greater (e.g. LHR-ARN I was really stuffed!).
Old Jul 19, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Whilst LGW will have to wait until some point in 2019 for the 'new' meals, CX is rolling out a much more fundamental change in 11 months.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 1:59 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by choosethedrew
Whilst LGW will have to wait until some point in 2019 for the 'new' meals, CX is rolling out a much more fundamental change in 11 months.
I think you’ll find CX has a much smaller network to deal with.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Flew the upper deck on the 744 from PHL to LHR on June 24. Was very excited to snag 64k a few days before the flight and was really looking forward to it.
My friend was offered an upgrade for $400 at the counter and took it. She was able to get the upper deck, too but we were not next to each other. We didn’t want to bother asking anyone to switch as it was a night flight anyway.

I was greeted with a glass of champagne and explored the seat. Loved all of the room and storage but did find that the seat wasn’t exceptionally comfortable. Proceeded to have a gin and tonic with my warm nuts. We didn’t have the trolley at all this flight. I went with the smoked salmon and it was very tasty. I wasn’t able to order my meal ahead of time and no surprise that I was disappointed that they ran out of the beef. Chose to go with the fish (pollock) and it was really not that good. Topped it off with the lemon tart and a bailey’s on the rocks before trying out the bedding.

The pillow was great as was the duvet and mattress pad. I’m usually a side sleeper and I was able to get in about 2 hours of sleep but it was a bit tight moving from side to side. I’m sure it would have been better if I could sleep on my back.

I was excited for the upper deck and it was a great experience but not one I would go out of my way for again.

New white co products

Lots of legrrom

Lemon tart

Old Jul 21, 2018, 11:50 pm

Programs: GGL, BA lifetime Gold, Many Hotel Sparkles
I noticed LHR to BOM has new glass wear and menu format last Monday. Will confirm as my return is in club this week.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The BOM route has the full new service.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: DL Silver, (used to be somebody here) Marriott Lifetime Titanium
flew CW LHR BOS the other day. I flew BOS CDG on the outbound on Delta

overall it was good. Decent food, good champagne selection, great crew

Bad news - those seats are terrible. Functionally comfortable, but the 1 4 1 configuration is no go for me. Backward facing isnt the problem, but it is tight without aisle access

i would probably not choose BA because of that
Old Jul 23, 2018, 3:01 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Originally Posted by tfred
flew CW LHR BOS the other day. I flew BOS CDG on the outbound on Delta

overall it was good. Decent food, good champagne selection, great crew

Bad news - those seats are terrible. Functionally comfortable, but the 1 4 1 configuration is no go for me. Backward facing isnt the problem, but it is tight without aisle access

i would probably not choose BA because of that

Being the worlds 1st fully flat bed seat and 20 years old it most definitely is showing it's age. New seats with all aisle access, improved storage and privacy arriving on the A350's( and possibly on the 3 777's ordered at Farnborough?) next year is something everyone is looking forward to. Of course the devil will be in the detail and, imho, how the seats are configured in the cabin will play a large factor but i'm excited to see the new seats & imagine i'm not alone in anticipation. I'm already planning a trip next year specifically to try out the new seats which I presume will be on the LHR-JFK route as that normally gets 1stdibs on most things.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.