Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San José (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montréal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2018, 6:40 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kaizenflying
I assume HND and NRT are not on the NCW list yet or are they?
Bedding only according to the wiki.
Old May 27, 2018, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
No, our Japanese crew haven’t been trained yet, we are just finishing training our Indian crew.
Old May 27, 2018, 7:47 am

Is the new Club World service fully implemented on the LHR-BWI route?
Old May 27, 2018, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by sxc
I don’t see ICN anywhere mentioned.
Bedding launch for ICN is mentioned by CIHY in Post 1292, just upthread.
Old May 27, 2018, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CurbedEnthusiasm
Is the new Club World service fully implemented on the LHR-BWI route?
Please check the wiki.
Old May 27, 2018, 9:51 am

I just updated bedding routes on the wiki, per various posts in this thread. I also checked the BA long-haul route map and, provided the May 31 bedding routes launch as planned, it looks the new bedding should be on all LHR long-haul routes at that time.

The only destination not specifically listed in the wiki DOH, although I believe that route has been suspended for a short while. If every other LHR route is on the new bedding, I would guess DOH would be as well once services begin again, as well as DUR once it launches.
Old May 30, 2018, 9:25 am

Programs: BA, SW, IAG
Well i expericed the new service at Easter.

I have to say it was a bit of a dissappointment in the end. I flew BA67 LHR to PHL.

Yes, enjoyed the lounge in 5A and 5B. Yes, i liked the new bedding. But NO washbag. Not even an old elemis one or a WT+ one. So no toothbrush

Yes, enjoyed the food offerings. But the drinks service was a joke. I got wine (1 glass) after using the call button Twice. So had my first glass in the middle of my main (none with starter). He only brought red and husband wanted white. He got his first glass AFTER finishing his main. Hadnt given out the water bottles yet and we were Parched.

The serivce is too difficult for the CAs, they need to bring back the trolley for drinks.

If this had been a free upgrade, I wouldnt have minded so much, but I usually fly WT+ and i paid for this.
Old May 30, 2018, 9:40 am

Programs: BA, SW, IAG
Originally Posted by OneworldHarj
Experienced the new bedding and food on BA 31 to HKG on 04.05.2018 and was genuinely excited to have the new glassware for drinks etc. Sadly the whole service went to pots at the meal time after a good start. Starters offered with sparkling water I did not request, no wine with my main meal of BA Hockey Puck beef nor did the crew respond to my crew bell. In the end I just gave up and ate the meal without any wine (first world problems I know). It's going to take a long time to get to grips with the new changes but it's a step in the right direction I suppose...

Yep same experience i had on t he flight to PHL.
Old May 31, 2018, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Great news today we completed the final
12 routes for NCW sleep. DME AMM BEY TLV IKA HYD BLR AUH ABV CAI JED MAA. All our CW customers on our LHR ROUTES can now enjoy The White Company bedding, amenity kits and washroom items with LGW routes following shortly.
Old May 31, 2018, 2:31 pm

Any idea how soon on the LGW routes? I’m off to Toronto on 26th June!
Old Jun 5, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I experienced the new Club World service on the BA0066 from Philadelphia last week and I have to say I was very underwhelmed. It was a really quick trip to the US, I’d only flown out for a couple of days so while the departure time of 18:45 was relatively early I was ready to sleep as soon as possible. Unfortunately, my AA domestic flight was late so I didn’t have any time for pre flight dining in the lounge, I literally went from gate to gate. I was in seat 22K which is the last window seat in the high J config. Once on board it took about 15 minutes for the cabin crew to offer orange juice or water, apparently the pre-flight Champagne hadn’t been loaded and they weren’t allowed to open the duty free bars. Shortly after take off they were around to take meal orders and collect the breakfast cards. I went for the express option and asked for a glass of Champagne. Then I waited and waited, after 45 minutes I pressed the call bell, no one came, after an hour I went to galley to ask for my meal and a drink, they said they’d be along shortly and explained this was ‘the new club world service’ and this is a very big cabin. Another 15 minutes went by and my ‘express’ meal and first (and only) glass of Champagne arrived. I ended up putting the tray on the floor and going to sleep before they came to collect it. I have to say the bedding and big pillow are a lot better but on this short overnight flight (this one isn’t designated a sleeper service) the service was just too slow.
haroon145 likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 3:14 pm

LHR-SIN (new bedding only), and HKG-LHR (bedding and catering) this month.

I quite like the bedding, apart from the mattress topper which doesn't really add anything to the package. The pillow is a big improvement and very welcome - it made a huge difference to sleep quality for me.

Service was actually quite quick on both routes, allowing for some good sleep time. Crew were good, overall, and didn't seem too stressed by the new service standard on HKG-LHR. Cabins were rammed on both sectors, so well done to them.

However, the food itself was largely inedible slop, on both routes. Crowning moment of the new catering was when my VLML came out with a salmon starter
haroon145 likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: BA Gold4life, ICH RA, Hyatt Gold and others
Originally Posted by Virazuno
LHR-SIN (new bedding only), and HKG-LHR (bedding and catering) this month.

I quite like the bedding, apart from the mattress topper which doesn't really add anything to the package. The pillow is a big improvement and very welcome - it made a huge difference to sleep quality for me.

Service was actually quite quick on both routes, allowing for some good sleep time. Crew were good, overall, and didn't seem too stressed by the new service standard on HKG-LHR. Cabins were rammed on both sectors, so well done to them.

However, the food itself was largely inedible slop, on both routes. Crowning moment of the new catering was when my VLML came out with a salmon starter
There is a real issue with food on the SIN route. I had previously reported the F food was inedible so this is I think peculiar to the route for some reason!
I actually flew J to EWR yesterday to try the new J food service and I have to say, I was blown away by the quality and quantity.
The Thai Green Curry with prawn and jasmine rice was good to look at, had a very nice aroma and tasty great. best airline food I have tasted for quite a while.

Service was business like with few personal touches, but a decent load in the 777 dormitory was served attentively and lunch was completed within 90 minutes of take off.

A BIG improvement that could actually get me picking J over F on shorter hops frankly...
Old Jun 8, 2018, 10:46 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by Virazuno
If you're back on the HKG route later this month, I'd recommend the soup + salad starter and pasta main from the standard menu. The ravioli on last night's BA32 was very tasty
Old Jun 10, 2018, 3:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Clareym66
Any idea how soon on the LGW routes? I’m off to Toronto on 26th June!
Someone at BA tells me it could be mid 2019 before New club Catering reaches Gatwick, not sure how this matches up to what others would of heard however.

I do wonder sometimes how long it will take to retrofit the new club seat to the fleet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.