Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San José (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montréal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Old May 23, 2018, 12:22 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Is the wikipost of this thread not clear enough? Both LHR-SIN and SIN-SYD are said to be bedding-only routes as of 17 May 2018.

Have landed this morning from SYD on BA16 and did not have the new bedding on either leg, SYD-SIN or SIN-LHR.
Old May 24, 2018, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Today we launch a further 8 routes with New Club World sleep including SIN,SYD, BKK, EZE, ICN, KUL, NAS, GCM, SCL.
Old May 24, 2018, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am hearing on the 1st June we will be starting our new CW service to BOM, HYD, MAA and BLR, DEL to follow later.
This will be fun NOT as the service will be even more difficult to deliver but BA just keeps plowing on regardless.
Old May 24, 2018, 2:00 am

Programs: BAEC - Lowly blue
Originally Posted by Can I help you
I am hearing on the 1st June we will be starting our new CW service to BOM, HYD, MAA and BLR, DEL to follow later.
This will be fun NOT as the service will be even more difficult to deliver but BA just keeps plowing on regardless.
what specifically is more difficult on these routes, out of interest?
Old May 24, 2018, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The number and variety of special meals, all the different bread options and salad not being particularly popular on these routes to name just three.
Old May 24, 2018, 2:51 am

Programs: LH HON
Still baffled that SIN has no new catering and I'm seeing the same old dreaded options over and over and over again. At least the new bedding will be an improvement.
Old May 24, 2018, 4:38 am

Programs: BAEC bronze
I am hearing on the 1st June we will be starting our new CW service to MAA.
Damn - should have honeymooned two months later :-)
Old May 24, 2018, 2:09 pm
RvE

Today we launch a further 8 routes with New Club World sleep including SIN,SYD, BKK, EZE, ICN, KUL, NAS, GCM, SCL.
BKK!! great, that's just what I want to hear
Old May 26, 2018, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From 31 May the below routes will receive The White Company sleep
product onboard:
ABV, AMM, AUH, BEY, BLR, CAI, DME, HYD, IKA, JED, MAA and TLV.
Old May 26, 2018, 6:56 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Not expecting to darken the doors of a CW cabin until later this year (JFK) I would be interested to know if the original menu is still being rotated every 3 months as annoyingly I managed to have Sept/Dec/Mar so far and have now got another Dec lined up AA are taking up the slack in Sept !
Old May 26, 2018, 8:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Originally Posted by MPH1980
LHR-YYZ yesterday. Still no bedding - but the catering was up to the new standard, although they failed to load both options for the tea service - just the tapas option. Had a chat with the CSM about the service and speed and he said he's taking decision to speed up service. Such as (for example) not trolley running the desserts.

But they did a good job - from initial orders to trays being removed was around 2 hours. Far better than the 3->3:30 I've seen before, and there was little loss of experience.
Came back on BA99 with the 788 this week. For the first time in about 10 years I had the tea service because of the tapas option. I've never liked the finger sandwiches. Since I'm normally on the 777 I've UuA to F to get out of the dorm for at least a year. I'd forgotten how much I like 3K on the 788 and 3J was unoccupied. I liked the new CW service and with the removal of F from the route this winter (Not the first time for this. I remember the route nadir of daily double 767 service in the winter) if I can always get 3K on the 788 I'd be happy to keep flying BA. Otherwise AC gets my business if it's only CW on the 777 as an option
Old May 27, 2018, 2:46 am

From 31 May the below routes will receive The White Company sleep
product onboard:
ABV, AMM, AUH, BEY, BLR, CAI, DME, HYD, IKA, JED, MAA and TLV.
With these destinations, does this complete the bedding roll-out for the entire LHR long-haul network? I may be missing a few, but it appears to be getting close...
Old May 27, 2018, 2:49 am

no new bedding ex-SIN on BA16 on Friday 25th - guess my friend missed it by a day as that aircraft would have left London on the 23rd. He loved the service out to JFK though on his second leg
Old May 27, 2018, 2:51 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by makin'miles
With these destinations, does this complete the bedding roll-out for the entire LHR long-haul network? I may be missing a few, but it appears to be getting close...
I don’t see ICN anywhere mentioned.
Old May 27, 2018, 6:09 am

I assume HND and NRT are not on the NCW list yet or are they?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.