Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San José (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montréal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2017, 9:36 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by HMPS
I beg to differ in that other airlines like QR & EY have served me sall items in between meals. Will have an opportunity to test that again in Oct.
Does QR now have a Club Kitchen type offering ?
Old Sep 2, 2017, 10:09 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Does QR now have a Club Kitchen type offering ?
No, it has proper smaller dishes available throughout the flight. As does VS, EK etc.

The club kitchen used to be very good. Lots of sandwiches and wraps available. The last time I used BA, I tried to get something a couple of hours into the flight and it was empty (barring some crisps). That was on an ex-DXB flight where lunch was served at 10:00.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 11:22 pm

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
Originally Posted by Padmeister
Why can't people like you see the club kitchen for what it is? The idea being if you are half way through a film for example and feeling a bit peckish and it has been quite some time since you had dinner for example you can get up grab a bar of chocolate or crisps / fruit whatever and have a snack in between courses; I think its a great idea and I am sure thousands of other people do. I have not seen anything similar offered on other airlines to snack on in between the meal services. Nobody is forcing you to eat a Cadbury's chocolate bar or a mars bar but it is there if you would like it 😉
Well, if you actually read what I wrote, I was not criticising the Club Kitchen concept per se. I have nothing at all against the idea nor am I advocating its removal. All I said, and I have always felt, that Cadburys wasn't a particularly upmarket brand (and it is no longer British anyway). There are far more interesting brands of chocolate out there - but I get that with the name check on the menu that BA may well get the product at a 'keen price'. Unlike many of my continental friends, who do not recognise Cadburys as being chocolate, I am also partial to the occasional bar of Dairy Milk - so don't go calling me a food snob

AA, where most of our recent spend has gone, do in fact now put out quite a decent array of snacks between meals
Old Sep 2, 2017, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Betteronacamel
Well, if you actually read what I wrote, I was not criticising the Club Kitchen concept per se. I have nothing at all against the idea nor am I advocating its removal. All I said, and I have always felt, that Cadburys wasn't a particularly upmarket brand (and it is no longer British anyway). There are far more interesting brands of chocolate out there - but I get that with the name check on the menu that BA may well get the product at a 'keen price'. Unlike many of my continental friends, who do not recognise Cadburys as being chocolate, I am also partial to the occasional bar of Dairy Milk - so don't go calling me a food snob

AA, where most of our recent spend has gone, do in fact now put out quite a decent array of snacks between meals
well I'm happy to be called the food snob: your friends are perfectly right, Cadburys is not chocolate.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 12:25 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
I beg to differ in that other airlines like QR & EY have served me sall items in between meals. Will have an opportunity to test that again in Oct.
Same on CX. Also AA on their 77Ws lays out fresh bites for the taking. That said I'm fine with club kitchen as is on shorter flights like ACC and JFK.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 12:28 am

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Great report. Are BA not concerned at what this might be doing to First? The food quality sounds better! Will they be ramping up F on LHR-JFK?
Old Sep 3, 2017, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by tom139
Great report. Are BA not concerned at what this might be doing to First? The food quality sounds better! Will they be ramping up F on LHR-JFK?
They will need to ramp up not just LHR-JFK in F, but across the fleet as the New Club is being rolled out across the network as well
Old Sep 3, 2017, 12:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
No, it has proper smaller dishes available throughout the flight. As does VS, EK etc.

The club kitchen used to be very good. Lots of sandwiches and wraps available. The last time I used BA, I tried to get something a couple of hours into the flight and it was empty (barring some crisps). That was on an ex-DXB flight where lunch was served at 10:00.
Thanks, I didn't think so. They offer the small refresher meal options (pannini etc) on demand. No crisps or chocolates etc?
Old Sep 3, 2017, 2:10 am

Programs: BA Gold
But what items exactly do they offer you? My point being the Club Kitchen has always been marketed as a type of snack bar and that is exactly what it provides the customer. If you feel peckish in between meal services go up and grab a snack. It must do well because surely BA would just get rid if it as it costs quite a few quid on every aircraft to stock up.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 2:17 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by JALlover
They will need to ramp up not just LHR-JFK in F, but across the fleet as the New Club is being rolled out across the network as well
+1 👍
Old Sep 3, 2017, 2:18 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Padmeister
But what items exactly do they offer you? My point being the Club Kitchen has always been marketed as a type of snack bar and that is exactly what it provides the customer. If you feel peckish in between meal services go up and grab a snack. It must do well because surely BA would just get rid if it as it costs quite a few quid on every aircraft to stock up.
BA have this one right, snacking on a small sandwich/fruit/crisps/chocolate rather than being served effectively another meal by other airlines.

Less faff and I find being able to top up my wine glass there too much more satisfying than calling the crew each time.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 2:48 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Thanks, I didn't think so. They offer the small refresher meal options (pannini etc) on demand. No crisps or chocolates etc?
They do have biscuits, nuts and chocolates on request, though I'm not sure about crisps. You're broadly right that any substantive mid-flight snacks are going to be the smaller items served from the dine on demand menu. This works strikingly well, in my experience, in that they never seem to run out, which of course suggests that they over-cater to a quick significant degree. Not the same as the Club Kitchen of course, nor the same as the mid-flight snack menus of CX etc.

Putting QR to one side, I must add my praise for the new CW meal service, and thanks to CWS for taking the time (and route diversion) to provide us with the info. Great also to hear that the new menu has given crew morale a boost too. This bodes well for other routes, so long as the quality remains consistent.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
They do have biscuits, nuts and chocolates on request, though I'm not sure about crisps.
Yes, they have crisps too.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 3:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
The new catering has a lot in common with the trial DO&CO did for Cathay Pacific. Does anyone know why that didn't get off the ground, cost?
Old Sep 3, 2017, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
They have small dishes on demand indeed (usually, toasted sandwiches, salad, pasta dish, etc).

Still any time and on demand, they also offer cheese plate, mini desserts, fruit plates, yoghurts, and bowls of nuts and I believe crisps though I aren't sure.

Everyone get chocolates (a small box of Godiva) with more available on a self-service basis alongside a large platter of whole fruits which is continuously replenished.

I'm not a nibbler, so I personally care very little about the Club Kitchen especially on short flights like East Coast, but for people who do, quite frankly, the only people who'd find the QR offerings as missing anything that the BA Club Kitchen offers are those who swear by sweeties. Everything else is catered for in a typically significantly improved form.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.