Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San Josι (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montrιal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2018, 6:21 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by sts603

Wow. That’s is really surprising. I see it as a Business heavy route but have admittedly only flown it once on BA.
I think Dubai seems to be a bit of a bling magnet tourist resort now. I am not at all surprised it's a different profile in J to many other routes. Suspect a lot of the regular business traffic to and from there resides in EK (just a guess)
rossmacd likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 6:23 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Ah ok, I can see that the bedding list is not up to date, here is the full list.
JFK, EWR, ​​​​ATL, MEX, DXB, HKG, IAD, IAH, KWI, LAX, JNB, PHL, RUH, SAN, SEA, SFO, SJC, LAS, PHX, MIA, DEN, YVR, CPT, ACC, NBO​, DFW, DEL, BOM, HND, NRT, BAH, MCT, GIG, GRU, PEK, LOS, LAD, PVG and SEZ.
So yes it is on the SEA route but not the catering.
Is this as of now? I'm off to PEK on 12 April, so would be great to have that!
Old Mar 22, 2018, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Yes it is of now and includes the routes that started on the 1st March and the SEZ on Saturday.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 6:47 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Yes it is of now and includes the routes that started on the 1st March and the SEZ on Saturday.
Great - thanks for all the updates on this.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 6:55 am

Programs: BA Silver
LIM does not start until Sunday ,so is there a chance its not on the list as its not flying yet or do you think its a definite no for the new bedding ?
Old Mar 22, 2018, 7:14 am

Programs: British Airways, Hilton
Any suggestions as to when BWI will be getting the new bedding - was due Feb according to Wiki?
Old Mar 22, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
Flew my first CW LHR - JFK since June 2017 last week. I won't add anything to the thread by supplying a course by course review - the menu on my flight was exactly the same as the menu on the flight taken by CWS in post #1 - but my return journey involved an OpenSkies BizBed leg, so I had the opportunity to make an almost immediate comparison between the new offering and something that was very much like the old. On this basis then, the new CW catering is, for me, a significant improvement - the ingredients, the preparation and the presentation are all superior.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 8:06 am

Thanks. It's great to have this list.
Now - A comprehensive list of new Catering will be much welcomed
Old Mar 22, 2018, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NCLBen
Any suggestions as to when BWI will be getting the new bedding - was due Feb according to Wiki?
Then they have it unless you know otherwise?
Old Mar 22, 2018, 9:35 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Ah ok, I can see that the bedding list is not up to date, here is the full list.
JFK, EWR, ​​​​ATL, MEX, DXB, HKG, IAD, IAH, KWI, LAX, JNB, PHL, RUH, SAN, SEA, SFO, SJC, LAS, PHX, MIA, DEN, YVR, CPT, ACC, NBO​, DFW, DEL, BOM, HND, NRT, BAH, MCT, GIG, GRU, PEK, LOS, LAD, PVG and SEZ.
So yes it is on the SEA route but not the catering.
I'm trying to update the wiki, but not all of this is clear to me. I'm under the impression that LAX, SAN and SFO are now on the new catering (?). What I think it is is the following but can we check please?

Catering and bedding
London Heathrow - New York JFK (launched October 2017)
London Heathrow - Boston (launched February 2018)
London Heathrow - Baltimore (launched February 2018)
London Heathrow - Chicago (launched February 2018)
London Heathrow - Dubai (launched February 2018)
London Heathrow - Montreal (launched February 2018)
London Heathrow - Newark (launched February 2018)
London Heathrow - Philadelphia (launched February 2018)
London Heathrow - Toronto (launched February 2018)
London Heathrow - Washington Dulles (launched February 2018)
London Heathrow - Hong Kong (launched February 2018)

Catering and bedding TBC:
LAX, SFO, SAN

Bedding only as of 1 March:
​​​​ATL, MEX, IAH, KWI, JNB, PHL, RUH, SEA, SJC, LAS, PHX, MIA, DEN, YVR, CPT, ACC, NBO​, DFW, DEL, BOM, HND, NRT, BAH, MCT, GIG, GRU, PEK, LOS, LAD, PVG and SEZ (SEZ from 25 March).
Old Mar 22, 2018, 9:38 am

Is there any change to First class catering/bedding or it's just the Business class??
I'm interested in SJC, LAX...
Old Mar 22, 2018, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is a new pillow in First otherwise there is nothing else new.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Catering. Live
JFK, ORD, EWR, IAH, BOS, PHL, BWI​ DXB, YUL, YYZ, HKG, SFO, SAN, LAX, SJC, PHX, LAS​​ and SEZ 25th March.
Currently planned to start in April, no date as yet.
IAH, MIA, DFW, MSY.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 9:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Ref the 1 March date (c-w-s post above #1030 ) : I did a MCT last week (out in F, back CW) and my CW sector did not appear to have the new bedding. That said, it was a day flight, I had no need of bedding so can’t say I paid a lot of attention.

What I do know for sure is that there was no ‘new catering’ (and boy how it was in need of some .......)

Astonishing to think that - seven months in - there remains such lack of clarity across the network.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 10:42 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Catering. Live
JFK, ORD, EWR, IAH, BOS, PHL, BWI​ DXB, YUL, YYZ, HKG, SFO, SAN, LAX, SJC, PHX, LAS​​ and SEZ 25th March.
Currently planned to start in April, no date as yet.
IAH, MIA, DFW, MSY.
Thanks for this, I've put the update into the Wiki, accurately I hope. Any other reports on MCT would be good in the light of subject2load's comment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.