Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San José (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montréal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2018, 4:53 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by MikeBOS
I don't remember whether the metal basket was there but the food itself was plated by the flight attendants on the round plates rather than served pre-plated in the rectangular all-in-one dishes they used to use. Both quantity and quality seemed better on the starter and the main course.
What about the glasses or the menu cards? The new menu card is a long folded piece of card, the old menu is a booklet with several pages.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 5:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Plat, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
What about the glasses or the menu cards? The new menu card is a long folded piece of card, the old menu is a booklet with several pages.
It was the old booklet menu so maybe some kind of hybrid of the old service with the new. Good news I guess because presumably it will improve again when the whole service is rolled out.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
There has been no change to the catering on the BOS route just the bedding, the new catering routes will be announced in the next couple of days.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 4:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, HHon Diamond, Fairmont Prem
Apologies, haven't been able to find any info on this. Is the new catering and bedding being rolled out on the LCY services (BA1 & 2)?
Old Jan 1, 2018, 4:13 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by eddyegghead
Apologies, haven't been able to find any info on this. Is the new catering and bedding being rolled out on the LCY services (BA1 & 2)?
For the catering, no precise news on any route at the moment apart from LHR-JFK, though we are expecting an update in the next few days.

For bedding, that should be cascaded to the LCY service during 2018 but there aren't precise dates as far as I know.

[And that, I think, is all the hard news we have at the moment, all destinations].
Old Jan 1, 2018, 5:34 pm

I wonder if there are some unforeseen problems we are not aware of.

Otherwise 4 months in and still available on one route seems pretty lame.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 8:41 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Our SD in F flying to Tokyo from Heathrow around Xmas said that they were having serious teething issues with the new CW product. J crews working much harder than F apparently with this new service. Not surprised that the rollout is slow.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 1:21 am

I’m guessing that the likes of JNB LAX IAD EWR HKG etc will be amongst the next routes to get the new bedding and catering
Old Jan 3, 2018, 8:45 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
I flew LHR-JFK in early December and have posted a full review, including some funky before and after sliders: comparing the previous Do&Co catering to the latest incarnation.

REVIEW – British Airways : Updated Club World Service – London to New York JFK (B747 Upper Deck)

My conclusion

The new bedding is a vast improvement as is the new tableware. The food is not much better than the old Do&Co catering on this route but then again this is BA’s flagship service and has always received an extra level of care and attention.

My main concern with the bedding is that there is nowhere for it to go during takeoff and less so during landing, when nobody seemed able to stuff the contents back into the original bag.

With the catering the main issue appears to be speed. I didn’t notice this too much upstairs on the 747 but there are a multitude of stories out there of people sat towards the back of the cabins on the 777 who haven’t been served a main course until three hours after takeoff.

If BA can roll both the Do&Co and White Company partnerships successfully, fleetwide, they will go some way to undoing all of the harm that has been done to their reputation after the last three years of cost-cutting. Add in a new seat due in 2019 and then the only issue that remains is the poor quality of the lounges.

BA don’t exactly have an easy road ahead of them but for now at least, it appears that things are moving in the right direction.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Catering
6 more routes later in January: ORD, EWR, IAD, BOS, PHL and BWI.

Quite a few delivery changes have have been made to the current service.

Bedding
Sleep products are planned to be launched in the coming weeks on LCY-JFK and LHR – ATL, DFW, DXB, IAD, IAH, KWI, LAX, PHL, RUH, SAN, SEA, SFO, SJC.

The small grey pillow is being removed.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 6:12 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Catering
6 more routes later in January: ORD, EWR, IAD, BOS, PHL and BWI.

Quite a few delivery changes have have been made to the current service.

Bedding
Sleep products are planned to be launched in the coming weeks on LCY-JFK and LHR – ATL, DFW, DXB, IAD, IAH, KWI, LAX, PHL, RUH, SAN, SEA, SFO, SJC.

The small grey pillow is being removed.

What are your thoughts on the delivery changes? Anything you can share?

Strange they are focusing on NE markets (besides Chicago) rather than adding a more competitive route like HKG or LAX.

Is there anticipation on when Round 3 will be?
Old Jan 4, 2018, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I’m guessing that most customers won’t notice the service changes and it should enable us to deliver the service quicker, it’s better but still not enough so expect to see some more changes in the future.
I believe the HKG route won’t be too long a wait.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 6:23 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Red
Seems a bit peculiar that different routes are getting catering and bedding!
Old Jan 4, 2018, 6:24 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Can I help you
I’m guessing that most customers won’t notice the service changes and it should enable us to deliver the service quicker, it’s better but still not enough so expect to see some more changes in the future.
I believe the HKG route won’t be too long a wait.
Any cuts to the actual catering product?
Old Jan 4, 2018, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes there a few, the salt and pepper shakers are being removed and replaced by paper sachets.
Olive oil will be on request only.
On non JFK routes the three in one bread rolls will be replaced by 2 different single bread rolls.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.