Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San José (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montréal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Old Dec 7, 2017, 3:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by oneworld82
Tried the new service twice, must say Do&Co truly delivered. However, in one instance dinner on the last LHR-JFK flight got served 2h30m into the flight - and I assume this was mostly due to the new, complex setup.
Also, I like the new amenity kit and the new bedding - although the amount of items provided is perhaps too much given the lack of storage space.
Just forced it all in the overhead the last time i flew.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by Virazuno
I would quite prefer them to roll out the bedding (pun intended, hehe) as quickly as possible. Personally not so fussed about the speed of the catering upgrade. I never sleep comfortably in a CW seat, so I'd quite like to see if the new set up makes any noticeable difference.
That’s the plan, the bedding will role out quickly.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
That’s the plan, the bedding will role out quickly.
Is that a normal person's quickly, or the BA version of quickly?
Old Dec 8, 2017, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BAs quickly, make of that what you will.
rossmacd and T8191 like this.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 2:38 am

Programs: BA Gold
BAs quickly, make of that what you will.
Which will come first - BREXIT actually happening or BA rolling out it's new bedding on all routes - it's going to be a close call I think. I would be quite happy if they would just change the pillows at this point - the current ones are dire.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I’m hoping to be wrong about BA this time and all of the bedding introduced within 4 months.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 2:54 am

Programs: BA Gold
I’m hoping to be wrong about BA this time and all of the bedding introduced within 4 months.
I'm guessing you mean 4 months from now, and not 4 months from when it was first introduced, which was almost 4 months ago?!

Let's hope that you are right though, and it's not going to drag on for years.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 9:16 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
at a speech Alex Cruz just made at the Aviation Club he seemed to imply that the catering was rolling out along side the bedding (but I assume from comments on here that that is a mistake?): "Our transformation of Club World continues with our very well-received catering and bedding changes starting to roll out beyond our New York JFK services. We launched Newark yesterday, Boston follows on Friday, and San Francisco and San Jose next week. From January, you will see these products spread right across our long-haul network. And you will also see significant upgrades to catering for our economy customers in the World Traveller cabin."
Old Dec 8, 2017, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
"right across our long haul network" ... really? All of it, or just 'some' routes so BA can say "... to the Caribbean and the Far East" [if you happen to be lucky enough to be on that particular favoured route?]

BA to the Caribbean ex-LGW at the end of Feb ... I'm not holding my breath.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Originally Posted by BApilotinsider
“PLANNED to receive” 😉
Do you know if the roll-out is planned for Jan 1 or a later date in January? Wondering whether to upgrade to First on the 295 on the 12th, but if it has the new catering might be worth sticking in Club to try it out.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 12:24 am

LAX Route

Hi all,

I’m flying to LAX in Jan around the 8/9th not yet booked. Will the new club service be available or any part of it?
Old Dec 11, 2017, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

None of it that I know.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 11:46 am

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Kudos to the staff in CW coping with the new system. Was on 179 yesterday evening (20th) and in spite of the real improvements of this service in particular the quality of the food it seems very labour intensive for the crew. Thanks to a wonderful crew for all the hard work put into the service, I hope it becomes more streamlined for them as kinks are worked out. Again, on my outward flight (178) on the 15th, the staff were really proud of the new features in CW in spite of the extra work however, it seemed to run more smoothly on the upper deck. Nice to feel that BA is going in the right direction given the complaints posted on a daily basis!
Old Dec 21, 2017, 12:48 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I had the new bedding service on my flights to & from BOS this week.

No complaints, and the oversized pillow is excellent. However, I can already see that storage is becoming an issue.

On the Upper Deck it is less of an issue, due to the side-bins, but on a 777, the crew were having issues finding places to put the large grey White Company bags.

M
Tobias-UK and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
I had the new bedding service on my flights to & from BOS this week.

No complaints, and the oversized pillow is excellent. However, I can already see that storage is becoming an issue.

On the Upper Deck it is less of an issue, due to the side-bins, but on a 777, the crew were having issues finding places to put the large grey White Company bags.

M
Looks like the new service has expanded beyond JFK! Any word on if it's on US west coast routes yet? SFO or LAX?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.