Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San Josι (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montrιal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2017, 3:09 pm

Nice job, thanks CWS.
Makes F look a bit meh!
Old Sep 1, 2017, 3:21 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

I’ll admit to a tinge of disappointment when I read the preview menu earlier this week - it dawned on me the main course salad was not there and it is a dish I appreciate and enjoy. I have to say though, the combined offering looks incredibly appetising - the salad starter seems to be a big improvement too*

* no more battling with those stubborn La Organic olive oil bottle tops
Jimmie76 likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by Prospero
* no more battling with those stubborn La Organic olive oil bottle tops
+1!
There was me thinking I was the only weakling!
Old Sep 1, 2017, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My complaint about the bottles is the miniature quantity of oil and vinegar.

I want my bread drowned in it
Old Sep 1, 2017, 3:44 pm

Looks like the balsamic vinegar is missing though!
Old Sep 1, 2017, 3:49 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I'll answer the specific questions raised in the thread tomorrow (Saturday). But I have put the FAQ up.

Many, many thanks for the kind words. And I'm amazed we got to post 50 with barely any criticism of BA's approach here!
LondonAndy, gingeola and Hilde like this.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The oil is for the bread, the balsamic dressing is in the jug on the starter trolley.
Jimmie76, Calchas and AmaaiZeg like this.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Thanks very much for the detailed report CWS!^

As other have posted it looks like a significant upgrade to the cw experience ( I do like the soup option!)
Regards

TBS
Old Sep 1, 2017, 4:08 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Thank you very much corporate-wage-slave for that detailed report.

Having done a few I know there is a lot of time and effort that goes into such TR's so hat tip and I am sure the denizens of the board appreciate your efforts.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 4:32 pm

Programs: BA
It feels good to have this finally under way. To be honest the moment I found out Do&Co were involved I knew it would be good. I'm sure the reaction to the new CW seat will be just as well received.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 4:39 pm

I had a delicious hot smoked salmon salad on LHR-JFK recently so I will miss the salad option. That said I look forward to all the other improvements.

One thing I'm wondering is: was the food ever a big complaint? I mean it's nice to have an improvement. Based on threads on here, the food never seemed to be a big issue (particularly on daytimes ex-LHR). It is interesting that there's a big investment on something we didn't see complained about here.

(Maybe I missed those contretemps.)
Old Sep 1, 2017, 4:56 pm

Programs: BA, KLM, Alitalia
Looking very nice.
Will Do&Co also handle the catering of special meals or will CW customers continue to receive the same insult as before (food wise)?
Old Sep 1, 2017, 4:58 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
c-w-s, as always thank you for your efforts here, perhaps more in sacrificing yourself trying to eat it all rather than the write-up! A couple of questions:

- with the move to placing the nuts in a bowl, are they now served warm?
- one of the issues I found with the DO&Co sandwiches on their existing contract for CWLCY was that they became rather dry and slightly curly by the time service reached Row 7. Your photo appears to show a significant improvement. Is this due to a serving arrangement change compared to the Babybus?
Old Sep 1, 2017, 5:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; IHG Spire Ambassador
Yet another thanks from me for the detailed preview.

All this positive/complimentary talk about BA momentarily left me wondering if I was in the right forum..!
Old Sep 1, 2017, 5:16 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Thanks CWS for the excellent and detailed report as always. And thanks to BA for a genuinely better experience!

Originally Posted by hemschmall
It feels good to have this finally under way. To be honest the moment I found out Do&Co were involved I knew it would be good. I'm sure the reaction to the new CW seat will be just as well received.
If it's the Apex Suite or similar, I agree!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.