Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San José (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montréal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2017, 4:08 pm

Programs: BAEC
Are there still no reviews or photos of the all new CW amenity kit yet?
Old Oct 23, 2017, 4:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
look forward to hearing about/seeing the new bedding.
Likely needed for wait for food - to sleep between courses. for all the gushing vicarious praise on here - seemingly at times from observers not actual users of this service, after two months of experiencing it, it's great to see an improvement but
IT IS SO SO SO SLOW
two months in even on upper deck it's lucky to be done in under 3h30, so it eats into work or sleeping time. Then on a JFk with the second service it can add up to 5 hours of very slow food service on a 7 hour flight. Hopelessly - and the seat is still the same and cleaning just as mediocre.
To protect the crew I won't say when but on one recent 183 the F service was finished long before the CW main course was even served.
So, the change is a nice idea but it does nt work in practice (if anything it seems to be getting slower not faster) when it's not leisure travel
anyway each to their own, but I'm off to AA until they sort this out -or can offer an express option like the competition.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 9:04 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
first time that we had the new service I fell asleep after the soup. So the new bedding will come in useful!

But, I still much much prefer the changes.

Maybe for those business travelers and/or sleepers, BA can offer an express meal. Im thinking the more traditional sleeper service offering, in addition to the new one, through-out the day. If its already been mentioned in this thread, just ignore my ramblings - its a long old thread - my eyes are going at my age!

I know the crew have enough to do - thats what they told us, so this may not go down well with them. But surely something can be done if you want to eat quick.

I do hope BA dont go back to how things were, as I for one consider the new service a vast improvement - and once the new bedding is in (if it isnt already) will put BA above AA on this route, even taking into the hard product of AA on the 773.

Look forward to this rolling out onto MIA and LAX - hopefully it wont take forever to happen.

Last edited by crazyarmadillo; Oct 23, 2017 at 9:56 pm Reason: typos
Old Oct 23, 2017, 10:30 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat ANA Plat
Originally Posted by sonypc100
How does everyone feel about getting single measures of spirits and not been able to mix their own G&T?

I notice the new standard is whatever spirit and mixer you request, it is now made up in the galley and served to you in the glass without the small bottle or can.

The good news is it’s less debris on your table but the crew are now instructed to only pour half the spirit in your glass and save the rest for the next passenger, meaning you only get a single measure unlike a double previously.

Plus I liked to mix it to my tastes rather than having it pre poured by someone else.
I think I would send mine back, or order a gin and tonic in seperate glasses !
Old Oct 24, 2017, 12:28 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
I don’t think she took one after she made her bed up
Attached Images   
Prospero likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 12:51 am

I lie. She might make a FT reviewer after all
Attached Images   
Old Oct 24, 2017, 12:59 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by jday
And nice nails too!

Thanks for the photos, and congratulations on the scoop! Looks like a good improvement, but what did she think about the new service?
Padmeister likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:27 am

just looking at the pictures you posted - indeed cool pictures - Im stuck at home and watching mindless trash on cable!

Anyway, its mind boggling to me , that just very very simple things like the new 'glass' that has an impact on my perception about the soft product (in a good way btw).

After all, its just a 'glass' - but ..... it sets the scene of the improved service ahead - maybe like being shown to your seat in F, a bit pointless granted, but still important in a weird way.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:36 am

Programs: BA Silver
Everything looks very comfortable and lovely food as well.
I shall assume the champagne glass was in her other hand.
crazyarmadillo likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by jday
Sister 1 - brother 0 Never underestimate the women in our lives....
Tobias-UK and jday like this.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by smokie36
Everything looks very comfortable and lovely food as well.
I shall assume the champagne glass was in her other hand.
^It certainly does!

Maybe its time for me to ditch my pillow that I have to drag with me on BA flights...
Old Oct 24, 2017, 3:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just arrived from JFK after a fortuitous upgrade which meant I got to experience the new bedding and I must say I was very impressed. I’ve always found the CW seat to be good for sleeping anyway but I felt that the new bedding, particularly the pillow, made the whole experience feel a lot nicer and a bit more upmarket.

As for the food my experience of the outbound leg two weeks ago (got upgraded then too, my luck’s in at the moment!) and last night is that it didn’t seem to take a great deal of time. Maybe I got lucky with the crews but last night I went for a main and a desert and I was finished and ready for kip an hour and a half in to the flight which I don’t think is too bad as I feel the quality of the food is much better than before.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 3:43 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by JuniorX
Just arrived from JFK after a fortuitous upgrade which meant I got to experience the new bedding and I must say I was very impressed. I’ve always found the CW seat to be good for sleeping anyway but I felt that the new bedding, particularly the pillow, made the whole experience feel a lot nicer and a bit more upmarket.
Many thanks for that feedback, and indeed you seem to be doing well on the upgrade front.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 4:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Many thanks for that feedback, and indeed you seem to be doing well on the upgrade front.
I’m sure it won’t last! TBH I’d only booked these flights in WTP at the last minute as I had no other option. I’d become a bit disenchanted with BA following some poor experiences this year, including getting caught up in the IT meltdown, and was unwilling to pay for CW and couldn’t find a fare I was willing to pay for J on AA. Since the IT issues I’ve been sampling some of the other oneworld airlines and have taken LH flights with AA, CX and QR (all in J) and I was impressed with all of them, particularly the Qsuite. However these two flights have definitely rekindled some of my love for BA and, for me, has certainly lifted the quality of the CW product. I know the seat isn’t everybody’s favourite but I’ve always found it very comfortable for relaxing and sleeping so the improvements in the soft product really lift the experience for me. The crews were excellent on both flights too. I’m already looking for an excuse to try it again!
Old Oct 24, 2017, 6:38 am

Ha no champagne as she is a non-drinker

She really liked the new service, this was her first time experiencing the whole thing. She said the bedding was very nice, the food was served 40mins after take off (I guess it's quicker on a night flight and I think you get it all on one tray rather than separate courses). Then woken up 40mins before landing. She liked the new cutlery, plates and glassware - no comments on the actual food. But I guess it was fine

The new amenity kit (which I will try and get a photo of) she said the new bag is nice, nice new big eye mask, the new beauty products are smaller (if that was possible), socks, tooth brush etc are identical.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.