Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San José (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montréal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2017, 1:12 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by sonypc100
How does everyone feel about getting single measures of spirits and not been able to mix their own G&T?

I notice the new standard is whatever spitit and mixer you request, it is now made up in the galley and served to you in the glass without the small bottle or can.

The good news is it’s less debris on your table but the crew are now instructed to only pour half the spitit in your glass and save the rest for the next passenger, meaning you only get a single measure unlike a double previously.

Plus I liked to mix it to my tastes rather than having it pre poured by someone else.
Who’s told you this?
Old Oct 4, 2017, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Correct this is the service standard.

Fill a glass a 1/3 full of ice.
Add 1⁄2 a miniature Pour Can into glass Garnish with Lemon.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 1:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Good to get this feedback and the constructive suggestions within, though it is annoying that it is taking so long; the 777 is also poorly staffed for this service, whereas the UD 747 should be able to get sub 2 hours overall (at least for the later services which tend to be more popular with the regulars). I would really encourage FTers not to book on the 777 to JFK since there should be plenty of 86J 747s to go around and it is a vastly better passenger experience, particularly in CW.
Something of a disappointment to hear that the new, improved service - quite apart from the fact that it is currently restricted to just one single route across the whole network - is also only experienced in its intended, 'full fat', form on certain aircraft types, and can be degraded by poor staffing levels.

I do feel that inconsistency is so often an issue, on many levels (whether it be priority boarding enforcement or onboard service standards/quality) in the big wide world of BA ; and what you describe above strikes me as yet another example.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Personally I feel that the service is far too complex and we are undercrewed on all aircraft types.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Personally I feel that the service is far too complex and we are undercrewed on all aircraft types.
That's a shame - and doesn't exactly augur well for network-wide rollout of an improved CW product proposition

Time will tell, I guess.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 2:06 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)

I find that stingy and very disappointing.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by subject2load
That's a shame - and doesn't exactly augur well for network-wide rollout of an improved CW product proposition

Time will tell, I guess.
I have been very impressed for new catering and service equipment but find that the actual routines slow and disjointed.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I find that stingy and very disappointing.
I don’t think it is being stingy, for the size of glass it has been decided that the ratio is correct, obviously if you want more we will give you the miniature to mix yourself.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 2:17 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond

Can we request a full portion? If so, is there a codeword/etiquette
Old Oct 4, 2017, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would say that you want to mix your own.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Thanks CIHY ^
Old Oct 5, 2017, 3:30 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by Swanhunter

* The new 3 in 1 roll is super gimmicky. I would prefer more choice from a basket
I actually kinda liked the roll. Means I eat less get some variety on taste

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
* It took a long, long time. 3h15 from take-off to getting my dessert. I had a lot of work to do and frustrating to have the table laid for much of that preventing me getting things done. That's mostly down to the profound shortcomings of the CW seat but I wonder if an express service is needed
That is precisely why UD, Window on the 744 is so great - the side bins are like an extra table. I have my laptop on there during the food service, and then swap it once I am done eating (so I don't have to wait for the CC to clear before I restart work)

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Good to get this feedback and the constructive suggestions within, though it is annoying that it is taking so long; the 777 is also poorly staffed for this service, whereas the UD 747 should be able to get sub 2 hours overall (at least for the later services which tend to be more popular with the regulars). I would really encourage FTers not to book on the 777 to JFK since there should be plenty of 86J 747s to go around and it is a vastly better passenger experience, particularly in CW.
Agreed - 777 last choice every time unless there's something really specific about the timings (which, let's face it, is unlikely on LHR >> JFK given the wealth of flights).

And yes, I think the service I had was considerably quicker than 3h
Old Oct 5, 2017, 3:47 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
What's the service standard for a Glenlievt on the rocks?

And yes, count me in the camp that much prefers to mix my own G&T (carefully adding the second half of the mini at the perfect point).
Old Oct 5, 2017, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All in the glass, it’s only if there is a mixer you use half a miniature.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 5:25 am

Programs: BA Exec Club - Blue
I would not be happy with this, I have the whole miniature with half of the tonic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.