Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San José (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montréal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2017, 4:11 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by missdimeaner
I am happy to announce that I am travelling in CW back this morning (178) so I will attempt to take a few photos of the food offering.
I expect to sleep most of the time but will do my best .
Congratulations on the upgrade.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 4:18 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Congratulations on the upgrade.
Thank you ! - Upper deck too, no complaints at all
Old Sep 19, 2017, 4:20 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by missdimeaner
Thank you ! - Upper deck too, no complaints at all
This only happens to nice people, remember!
Calchas likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 4:30 am

Calchas likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 6:01 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
I am living proof that this is not so.

Mwahh haa haaaah
Old Sep 20, 2017, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have been upgraded before
Old Sep 21, 2017, 5:26 am

Programs: Executive Club Silver, Kestrelflyer Silver, FlyingBlue & Expedia+
Finally! a Business class worth being called Club, Glad BA is upping it's game can't wait for the new bedding to come in and that should be quite an impressive change (along with the new seats).

Thanks for report too, much appreciated!
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:21 am

I will post the few photos I have when I recover form a fortnight of solid party time.
For the time being I will say the differences from the old catering were as follows:
New gold menu, orders taken for the hot main course
Bread roll, mini croissant, butter, jam salt and pepper were given first on a side plate
Starter display trolley came out and we were offered to take more than one item should we wish, I had the meat and cheese option which was rather nice apart from the mini discs of bread which tasted like drinks coasters.
Mixed grill had raw tomato and better scrambled eggs (a bit salty)
Mozarella and tomato omelette was nice mushrooms and rosti were ok again a raw whole cherry tomato, caramelised onions were not to my liking with the more delicate flavours of the other items.
The eggs were definitely more kindly treated and tasted a lot better as a result,
There were no sticky trays for the drinks but I managed.
There was no bar run but I was actively encouraged to ask or ring the call bell should I need anything.
BA have managed to do what I could not - turn my husband into a tea drinker - the coffee was as dire as the outbound. Those of us who know better have the tea
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 9:31 am

Programs: Mucci (Scirocco Sash), BAEC Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I have now updated post 3 with comments on the return sector, this link takes you straight there:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28765150-post3.html

As noted, it wasn't actually a Sleeper service in the end, but the menu is the same and hopefully you can see how it would work on both the Sleeper and Good Night services.
Interesting to see the menu options for mains on that service were the exact same combination (and descriptions - "mid-west beef" etc) just offered on my return from ORD on BA294 last night, which is obviously not a route with the new CW offering.

I wonder if parts of the new menu ex-US is going to be the usual slightly lower standard than ex-UK catering (in my experience anyway) - that being said, Do&Co have a fairly big presence in the US so I am sure they could provision it to the same standard if they wanted.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 9:40 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
I would say that my ex US beef dish was at least as good as what I had ex LHR
Old Sep 22, 2017, 5:00 am

As promised, here are the photos of the daytime service from JFK (BA178)
Menu:Name:  Menu 1.jpg
Views: 1914
Size:  703.6 KBName:  Menu 2.jpg
Views: 1896
Size:  558.8 KB
Initial trayName:  Initial tray.jpg
Views: 1882
Size:  626.6 KB
Trolley display (I was in row 60 so not a full one - sorry)Name:  trolley display.jpg
Views: 1889
Size:  379.0 KB
Omelette minus tomato which I had already snaffled at that point
Name:  omelette.jpg
Views: 1862
Size:  395.4 KB

The snack meal was tapas - take it or leave it - no choice, it was fine and I enjoyed it.

PS - really sorry about the size of the images, I can barely manage to attach them - it will be a while before I learn to resize them
Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Silver
Does anyone have further updates on the enhanced CW? Have the timing issues improved as people get used to the new service?

Also can we expect further enhancements and any ideas when these will be introduced onto other (non JFK) service?
Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Timing is still an issue because there are two thousand of us trained and have only done the service once or twice or not at all.
No new routes will be announced until the New Year.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 9:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Timing is still an issue because there are two thousand of us trained and have only done the service once or twice or not at all.
No new routes will be announced until the New Year.
Shock horror

Hold the front page ! (or maybe not .....)
Old Sep 29, 2017, 2:44 am

Programs: BA Gold
Slightly OT, but I see over on the AA forum that AA are also introducing new bedding in their premium international classes - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ec-2017-a.html

It will be interesting to see who manages to get this done first. Given that the AA business class bedding is currently much better than BA's (well the pillow certainly is) it will also be interesting to see whether they maintain their edge with their new offering.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.