Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San José (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montréal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2017, 3:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by MPH1980
Adding photos of overcooked beef, the fat layer and the whole dish for reference.
That's a rather poor looking main, both the presentation and quality (based on what I can make out from the photo)
Old Sep 17, 2017, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I have now updated post 3 with comments on the return sector, this link takes you straight there:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28765150-post3.html

As noted, it wasn't actually a Sleeper service in the end, but the menu is the same and hopefully you can see how it would work on both the Sleeper and Good Night services.
It's rather sad to see that "breakfast" is now apparently a choice of 2 paninis. When I last flew this route last summer there was a proper cooked breakfast and a very nice cold continental platter being offered in addition to the panini. Are they trying to save money in this area?
Old Sep 17, 2017, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Not sure if this is the right thread but Head for Points is reporting a problem with the new bedding due to a safety issue with the colour of the bedding

It seems … allegedy … that the original design failed a safety test. Apparently the navy colour was too close to the colour of the carpets in the Club World cabins. This meant that it was deemed a trip hazard, so the whole project was sent back to the drawing board.
I wonder how many had been made before they discovered this and when will they be on sale to get rid!

Last edited by UKtravelbear; Sep 17, 2017 at 4:24 pm
Old Sep 17, 2017, 4:35 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by JimEddie
It's rather sad to see that "breakfast" is now apparently a choice of 2 paninis. When I last flew this route last summer there was a proper cooked breakfast and a very nice cold continental platter being offered in addition to the panini. Are they trying to save money in this area?
Which flight?
Old Sep 17, 2017, 4:56 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Head for Points is reporting a problem with the new bedding due to a safety issue with the colour of the bedding
That's mentioned in post 2, question 13, and was mentioned in the linked threads too. The idea was that the new bedding would arrive on 1 September, but the decision to defer this (and the new amenity kit) was made on safety grounds after a test trial was made in an aircraft in the run up to go live. At least some bedding had been manufactured by this point.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 5:04 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Which flight?
That sounds like the West Coast flights to me. The East Coast services had an abbreviated breakfast service using bacon rolls, except that JFK went panini from around 2013 onwards. In addition there was the smoothie/yogurt. Here is the 2011 menu, so this has been going on for a while:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16376227-post45.html

The early daytime flights perhaps?
Old Sep 17, 2017, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
That sounds like the West Coast flights to me. The East Coast services had an abbreviated breakfast service using bacon rolls, except that JFK went panini from around 2013 onwards. In addition there was the smoothie/yogurt. Here is the 2011 menu, so this has been going on for a while:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16376227-post45.html

The early daytime flights perhaps?
I was on the BA116, but looking at the card it covered most, if not all, of the overnight JFK-LHR flights. (For reference photo is from august 2016)
Attached Images  
Old Sep 17, 2017, 11:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by MPH1980
Adding photos of overcooked beef, the fat layer and the whole dish for reference.
That looks horrific. It grinds my gears that after all the hype and investment, BA food still reverts to type of overcooked and poorly presented.

Surely the CC would know by looking at it that it is not supposed to look that way
Old Sep 18, 2017, 1:47 am

Programs: BA Blue
I may have missed this but is there a roll out calendar? Will it be at Gatwick by S18?
Old Sep 18, 2017, 2:48 am
Original Poster

I was on the BA116, but looking at the card it covered most, if not all, of the overnight JFK-LHR flights. (For reference photo is from august 2016)
Your previous point about the cold platter is correct, but the other option is still a filled panini, not a full English Breakfast on a plate.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 4:10 am

Business colleague did a return trip to JFK last week and experienced the new service.
He agreed that the service felt more upmarket and in that respect was an improvement on previous CW flights to JFK.
He had the beef gnocchi and it sounds like it was exactly the same experience as MPH1380. Beef cheek was quite nice, fillet part was shoe leather.
His return flight was marred by the infamous Fastrack Security line at JFK which meant he did not have enough time to eat in the lounge and had to eat on the plane which was ok but the food was not as good as the outward leg.

His overall comment "BA needs to up it's game more than this."
Old Sep 18, 2017, 5:04 am

Programs: BA Gold
Had the new Club breakfast the other day. Nice crockery etc but overcooked and with exploded tomato and rubbery eggs I left most of it. The chicken was tough as the normal steak on BA. If they want this to work...they need to ease of on cooking these for so long.

Last edited by BAflyer2007; Sep 18, 2017 at 5:07 am Reason: Text
Old Sep 18, 2017, 6:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by BAflyer2007
they need to ease of on cooking these for so long.
Therein lies the main issue IMHO. The default setting at BA seems to be 'nuke'.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 7:56 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
I thought it was noted upthread that do&co were very specific in the heating instructions. Care has gone out the window after the inaugural flights?
Old Sep 18, 2017, 8:09 am

Maybe no 'experts' onboard to enforce the instructions?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.