Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San José (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montréal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I do but to be honest as I cannot copy and paste the menus I don’t want to start having to type out the menus, and I know I will get many requests.
So in brief.
Starters
Crab
Mushroom soup.
Main
Beef
Hake
Ravioli
Old Jan 24, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold for Life
Originally Posted by Can I help you
I do but to be honest as I cannot copy and paste the menus I don’t want to start having to type out the menus, and I know I will get many requests.
So in brief.
Starters
Crab
Mushroom soup.
Main
Beef
Hake
Ravioli
Many thanks! much appreciated. If you can do this, why can't BA!!
Old Jan 25, 2019, 1:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Following on from a previous post of mine concerning the extended duration of the new service, friends, who, ironically enough, work for BA, report a wait of 1 hour 40 mins from take off to first drink and a 1 hour time lag between starter and main course. They were seated in the last row of the forward cabin on the three-class triple seven and were not impressed.

This seemed to me - and them - extraordinarily slow, and they were at a loss to account for it (especially that as cabin crew they have responsibility for delivering the self-same service routine). They were adamant that the old clunky horrible trollies should - in the interest of delivery a meal service in timely fashion - be brought back. As they alluded, they were on their ‘annual free’, but had they paid the usual £4,000 for this route they would have been distinctly miffed.

Last edited by BA235; Jan 25, 2019 at 1:57 pm
Old Jan 27, 2019, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Very underwhelmed on the BA55 a few days ago; pre departure bubbly was miserly in portion, drinks arrived 2 hours after departure and the slowness of service continue through dinner. Furthermore, we filled out the breakfast card for a 90 minute wake-up, this was 45 mins late and we didn’t have time for a second coffee never mind finishing the meal. This was the first CW we have paid for having used several 241 vouchers and was by far the worst experience. Just raised a complaint with BA, I think individually I could have put up with things but not when taken all together.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 1:51 pm

No wine offered throughout dinner by crew on BA 42 CPT-LHR. Crew member seemed genuinely surprised to be asked for some after he alone had hand delivered all the trays on the full upper deck and by the time I had finished my starter ( was in 64k) No top ups or other drinks offered with main course other than by request.
Service seemed rushed but still took an age to get through.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 2:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
It's got pros and cons still for me.

I've said previously, I'm not sure taken by the mixed nuts. Would much prefer normal ones like AA do or just bring back the bags.

The bread roll is too thick.
Even cut in half, it's twice as thick as something you might put the dodgy butter stuff on. That said, good enough for mopping up the sauce or gravy.

Cheese plate was fine although would prefer no mouldy or soft cheese. Reminds me of something from the CCR though.

Drinks were offered although perhaps a few more offerings especially in the multi hour gap between first and second meals.
Got to say the two bottles of water given out on boarding were ice cold (offered water and an amenity kit and then 5 mins later got another of each)

As mentioned in a previous post, the third full glass of champagne on boarding wasn't a lot.

Mains wise, not had a bad one yet. Do tend to enjoy the meat and roasted veg type dishes so will go for them above salmon, pasta or salads.
Had the onion soup as my starter and that was lukewarm. Didn't bother asking them to reheat it as I do sometimes eat soup straight from the tin.
Nice tasting and not as "oniony" as expected. Bread roll works well with that.

Second hot meal came with cheesecake as dessert. Not sure if there was a choice as I didn't really want any but it was there on the tray.

Didn't use the blanket and pillow as I was on a day flight (even though the crew locked the 787's windows on purple for a lot of the flight) to force people to sleep.
At least I got my mini Magnum half way through.

Overnight flight in CW tomorrow so will possibly get some sleep after over indulging in the QF lounge as usual.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 3:23 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by xenole
...even though the crew locked the 787's windows on purple for a lot of the flight...
that should not be happening, and I would not hesitate to tell the cabin crew if it happened to me. they do centrally dim them but they should not be locked for individual control

see this previous thread on the subject 787 window dim control
Old Jan 29, 2019, 11:51 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
A video trip report i’ve produced of the now not so new Catering and Bedding on a flight from LAX to Heathrow.

Old Jan 29, 2019, 12:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I found the bedding excessively warm last night and just had it covering my feet.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by strickers
Very underwhelmed on the BA55 a few days ago; pre departure bubbly was miserly in portion, drinks arrived 2 hours after departure and the slowness of service continue through dinner. Furthermore, we filled out the breakfast card for a 90 minute wake-up, this was 45 mins late and we didn’t have time for a second coffee never mind finishing the meal. This was the first CW we have paid for having used several 241 vouchers and was by far the worst experience. Just raised a complaint with BA, I think individually I could have put up with things but not when taken all together.
The breakfast card doesn't really work. In my flights since it has been on offer, they've forgotten my breakfast entirely, forgotten to give me a smoothie, forgotten my tea, etc. It was much easier when you just ordered the meal with them in front of you.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 4:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by xenole
I found the bedding excessively warm last night and just had it covering my feet.
Are we still talking CW ...... or is this a bit of insight into your bedroom habits ?
Old Feb 18, 2019, 9:27 am

I understand that initially the expanded service was designed around choice, and the expectation seemed to be that there should no longer be a need for a GCH to be prioritised for meal choices. Is that still the case or given the depleted offering are the service routines supposed to have reverted to type? I ask because my husband and I were both refused (albeit politely) our first choices of both starter and main last week, and a gentle nudge toward the old take-the-orders-and-sort-it-out-in-the-galley set up produced only baffled bemusement. Anyone know the position?
Old Feb 18, 2019, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Choices should still prioritised in the galley.
BA235 and AnaTravel like this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 4:07 am

Programs: BA, SW, IAG
I fly CW on April 1st. How far in advance do they release the april menu? Will i be able to read it in March to book my main?

Looking forwards to the new catering on this route, it was terrible service wise last march on a flight to PHL. Food was good though. I heard they are no longer using the trolleys?
Old Feb 23, 2019, 6:25 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Is the 'new' CW service network-wide now?
AnaTravel likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.