Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San Josι (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montrιal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2018, 10:04 am

Programs: BA
You can have 1 main starter and 1 soup or salad or 1 soup and 1 salad. As for additional main starters if there are any left once everyone has been served then it should be fine.

As for deserts, you can have two options. Additional depending if there are others to serve.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 8:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Enjoyable service on the BA67 to Philly last Saturday. My only complaints are the Dessert took forever to come around after main course and no coffee/tea was offered after dessert. Great food though and I’ve only had the Do & Co service previous to now and I couldn’t really tell that much of a difference.

Afternoon tea was really good though. 5*.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 9:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
Flew back from LAX in J on Sun evening. Thought the food was crap, and told the cabin crew same.

The cold scallop starter may have looked great, but it was just rubbery, tasteless and awful, and the whole starter tray was served so cold that there was ice on the food.

The salmon main was dry, sawdusty and bland.

The omelette for breakfast was sort of okay.

Despite the J load being very light, service still took an age, and it was around 75-90 minutes out of LAX before food was served.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 6:26 am

Flew LHR-LAX in CW yesterday morning. Fantastic crew , confirmed that the trolley service is “under review” as it’s far too slow. Over all service was indeed slower but the upper deck crew were helpful and fun.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 8:18 am

BA0297 LHR-ORD 21/09:

Starter and Main choice taken shortly after takeoff.

Went with the salmon starter and the guinea fowl main.

Drinks and nuts served as we were crossing the Irish Sea and starter served as we crossed achill head.

Glass of Red Wine offered and refilled for the main.

Requested the cheese and the millefeuille for dessert and was proactively offered port to accompany it.

Excellent MF crew who I could see working really well as a team to deliver the service from my seat in 53k.

Johnnie Walker Black Label flowed liberally for the remainder of the flight.

Second Meal of the antipasti was a bit meh and maybe a decent assortment of sandwiches would be a better option.

The bedding was a big improvement especially the pillow and the blanket, the amenity too looks far more business like the shoebag.

A very enjoyable flight.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by mjh0
The cold scallop starter may have looked great, but it was just rubbery, tasteless and awful, and the whole starter tray was served so cold that there was ice on the food.
Had the same coming back from DEN last weekend. Did not work at all as a cold dish.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 12:58 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
I just received an email from BA for a forthcoming flight to Haneda saying "Order your in-flight meal".

I thought that was nice - I tried this some time last year and the system wasn't working, but it's obviously now sorted. So I click through the links and get "You are unable to order all types of meals online for this flight due to a technical problem, but you will be able to order on-board."

Seriously? I wasn't even bothered about pre-ordering until I got the email, but now I'm slightly disappointed that I can't and very p*ssed off that BA wastes my time sending an offer that it can't fulfil.

Last edited by Rexy52; Oct 3, 2018 at 1:00 pm Reason: Sort out weird typesizes
Old Oct 4, 2018, 5:29 am

A friend of mine was in Club to JFK recently and was told that they're no longer able to hand out spirits and mixers separately. Is this true? I'm booked for Santiago shortly and I think I'd rather smuggle my own booze onboard than put up with having pre-mixed drinks served...
Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:17 am

From 28th October the Club World service will become fully hand run. The starter/dessert trollies, wine carriers and etageres will all be removed.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:17 am

From 28th October the Club World service will become fully hand run. The starter/dessert trollies, wine carriers and etageres will all be removed.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:22 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Originally Posted by Welcome On Board
This reflects what a (I think pretty senior) CSM told me a week ago. The trolleys were being removed to speed it all up.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
What a joke!
wrp96 likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
What a joke!
Disgusting waste of money.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:56 am

I don't have a full understanding of the work involved in setting up the trolley, but as a passenger I will miss the ability to see both starters and desserts and then choose what I'd like. I find some BA menu descriptions to be overly verbose and "posh" - so I'm not always entirely sure what's on offer: the trolley helped with that a lot.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: BA Gold
Bit of a waste of time really - but it wont be missed as my recent LHR>YVR service was truly terrible and very very slow. And as a mostly window seat taker i wont notice the missing trolley as its pretty hard to see when going backwards with the screen divider up or the aisle person sat in the way.

I like the bigger glass but i dont like the 'lets skimp on the G&T and give you a half measure', i also dont like the service standard of serving a sniff (it was about a fingers worth) of welcome champagne but in a bigger glass either (so it looks even more ridiculously tight of BA).

And is it me or has dessert shrunk to the size of an ant and looks like its served in those dishes which you used to get on an economy tray???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.