Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

IAD has 'made a mistake' [on CCR card dining]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2017, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold/ LH FF/ Starwood Platinum/ Hilton Gold

While the BA lounge at iAD has a special restaurant for First Class called Concorde Dining, I am informed today by the reception dragon that my Concorde Card is no longer valid there. To quote, "London informs us that we have been making a mistake for years allowing Card holders to dine unless they are traveling First."
In my view, London has indeed made a mistake with another 'enhancement'. With only 2 flights going out, they have less than two dozen potential diners in their Concorde Dining Room all evening, yet they pay a special chef and waiters to work there. Would it really break the bank to allow Card holders to join the elite, as JFK does?
Old Jun 26, 2017, 2:29 pm

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
Originally Posted by videoman
While the BA lounge at iAD has a special restaurant for First Class called Concorde Dining, I am informed today by the reception dragon that my Concorde Card is no longer valid there. To quote, "London informs us that we have been making a mistake for years allowing Card holders to dine unless they are traveling First."
In my view, London has indeed made a mistake with another 'enhancement'. With only 2 flights going out, they have less than two dozen potential diners in their Concorde Dining Room all evening, yet they pay a special chef and waiters to work there. Would it really break the bank to allow Card holders to join the elite, as JFK does?
Unless they start implementing the same for JFK? Or could just have been a staff mistake...
Old Jun 26, 2017, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Pretty sure this is a mistake. CCR Cardholders should be allowed access to the Concorde Rooms (LHR, JFK), plus Concorde Dining areas (IAD, BOS), Concorde Bars (SIN, DXB) and the Concorde Breakfast Room (LHR Galleries Arrivals, travelling longhaul).

It's slightly less clear whether CCR Cardholders are permitted access to the older branded First Pre-Flight Dining facilities at YYZ, PHL, ORD and EWR.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 2:43 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
There have been a number of reports in recent weeks, including IAD and BOS. Contact CR and the GGL Team and complain. If you don't complain the policy will change permanently.

I've heard a number of different rumours about this, including some abuse of stranger guesting. I'd complain, the policy appears to have changed.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 2:52 pm

It just seems so silly. What's the point in trying to keep your highest value customers loyal with a CCR card, only to then massively piss them off by denying them access at outstations? It's the type of petty thing that could undo all the goodwill that the card itself generates.
Grumpyflyer likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: Some
I think you miscounted - is over two dozen if both F cabins are full, but your point is still valid, I think.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 7:08 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Definitely something to bring up at the next GGL event!
Old Jun 26, 2017, 11:14 pm

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
I was thinking of switching over to BA since my business travel can get me a CCR card if thrown in with some leisure travel... but if this really is an enhancement, then I'll stick to what I have (for now).
Old Jun 27, 2017, 1:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by TravelwhileyouEat
I was thinking of switching over to BA since my business travel can get me a CCR card if thrown in with some leisure travel... but if this really is an enhancement, then I'll stick to what I have (for now).
The issue being complained of only affects BOS and IAD Concorde Dining, it does not affect other stations such as the CCRs at LHR and JFK or the Concorde Bars at SIN and DXB.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 2:10 am

Programs: BA GGL. Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
I have complained to the GGL team and they have confirmed that the policy has changed. A Concorde Card holder has access to LHR, JFK, Dubai and Singapore, but no longer has access to Washington or Boston as these are actually First Class dining lounges and not Concorde rooms! This is absolutely ridiculous and shows the Concorde branding is inconsistent and confused. I spoke with the catering manager at IAD a couple of weeks ago and he stated that when they used to allow Concorde Card holders into the dining area there were on average 5 a week!
IAD is one of my main destinations and this is a significant enhancement for me. I would encourage all Concorde Card holders who use this facility to complain to try and reverse this enhancement. Surely for BA this is not the time to hack off their most frequent travelers!!!
Old Jun 27, 2017, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by LHRagain
I have complained to the GGL team and they have confirmed that the policy has changed. A Concorde Card holder has access to LHR, JFK, Dubai and Singapore, but no longer has access to Washington or Boston as these are actually First Class dining lounges and not Concorde rooms! This is absolutely ridiculous and shows the Concorde branding is inconsistent and confused. I spoke with the catering manager at IAD a couple of weeks ago and he stated that when they used to allow Concorde Card holders into the dining area there were on average 5 a week!
IAD is one of my main destinations and this is a significant enhancement for me. I would encourage all Concorde Card holders who use this facility to complain to try and reverse this enhancement. Surely for BA this is not the time to hack off their most frequent travelers!!!
Ridiculous.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 2:25 am

Programs: BAEC
July 4 isn't too far off - good opportunity to raise this with Alex (if he bothers to show...)
Old Jun 27, 2017, 2:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by LHRagain
A Concorde Card holder has access to LHR, JFK, Dubai and Singapore, but no longer has access to Washington or Boston as these are actually First Class dining lounges and not Concorde rooms! This is absolutely ridiculous and shows the Concorde branding is inconsistent and confused.
Weren't there reports when Concorde Dining opened at IAD that Concorde Room card holders were initially denied access? I seem to recall exactly that.

Concorde Dining in IAD is really nice, but you can't exactly stay there and lounge, so it's not actually a lounge at all. The SIN and DXB let you sit and chill and drink so they are actually lounges, and isn't that what the CCR card is - a lounge access card?

I guess all that needs to be done is CCR card holders need to be told that dining doesn't count as a dining room is not a lounge.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
The issue being complained of only affects BOS and IAD Concorde Dining, it does not affect other stations such as the CCRs at LHR and JFK or the Concorde Bars at SIN and DXB yet.
I corrected it for you

Last edited by s0ssos; Jun 27, 2017 at 3:00 am
Old Jun 27, 2017, 2:46 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Another +1 to my decision not to bother with any more than 3500TPs a year with BA any more. There just isn't a valuable enough benefit to justify flying them over other carriers after that number anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.