Pyjamas on an afternoon departing flight in First

Old Sep 1, 17, 12:54 am
formerly Christopher Sutton
Original Poster

Pyjamas on an afternoon departing flight in First

Hi,
My family and I are on an early afternoon flight next week in First to the West Coast. Trying to organise my mum and can't remember if pyjamas will be available for her when it's not a night flight?
Thanks, Chris
Old Sep 1, 17, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Yes they will be

Regards

Tbs
Old Sep 1, 17, 12:55 am

Pyjamas should be offered on all F flights.
Old Sep 1, 17, 1:02 am
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
I like that BA's hard product tends to be consistent and they offer pyjamas on all F flights, irrespective of whether a day or night flight. I find it frustrating that airlines like QR do not offer something to change into on day flights in F
Old Sep 1, 17, 1:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
If not offered, just ask.
Old Sep 1, 17, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by KenJohn View Post
If not offered, just ask.
Actually, service standards is that they should be pro-actively offered alongside the amenity kit. However, if passengers want slippers they need to ask.
Old Sep 1, 17, 3:38 am

Programs: BAEC / Hilton Honors / Accor
Originally Posted by Christopher Sutton View Post
Hi,
My family and I are on an early afternoon flight next week in First to the West Coast. Trying to organise my mum and can't remember if pyjamas will be available for her when it's not a night flight?
Thanks, Chris
Like others have said pyjamas will be available, they should be pro-actively, if not just ask. My last F to LAX was the 9.40am departure, PJs offered to pax by crew.
Old Sep 1, 17, 3:43 am

Programs: BA GGL, CR
Agree with the consensus. Have taken plenty of day time F flights, have always been offered PJs.
Old Sep 1, 17, 4:10 am

Programs: BAEC
I've never flown F so the PJs question prompts some thoughts.

On a day flight how many F pax change into PJs? On an overnight flight are most/all in PJs?

The idea of wearing them during the day seems a little strange, although I can see the benefits. I suspect a couple of F flights would cure me of my PJ reluctance
Old Sep 1, 17, 4:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
It really depends - not everyone needs to change into PJs in order to sleep: personally, I find it helps (even just psychologically) to make me sleep. I often carry a pair of F PJs (or the trousers at least, with a T Shirt) even flying in Club as I just can't seem to sleep properly (as opposed to just doze) in a shirt/day clothes.

More pax tend to change into PJs on a night flight in F, but to be honest even on a day flight plenty will - either just because it's more comfortable or because with time zones etc. people do try and sleep even on day flights. On a UK-West Coast flight, a couple of hours sleep shortly before arrival is probably a good idea.
Old Sep 1, 17, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by krispy84 View Post
I've never flown F so the PJs question prompts some thoughts.

On a day flight how many F pax change into PJs? On an overnight flight are most/all in PJs?

The idea of wearing them during the day seems a little strange, although I can see the benefits. I suspect a couple of F flights would cure me of my PJ reluctance
Yes, many people wear them on day flights (including myself and my partner!) and almost all on night flights. It is just far more comfortable than day clothes and avoids having ruined day clothes by the time you arrive.
Old Sep 1, 17, 4:35 am

I'll wear PJs on any F flight. It's nice to get out of day clothes, and it avoids getting off with that slept-in look that so often comes from long flights.
Old Sep 1, 17, 4:39 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
If PJs are offered on the 4pm DME-LHR flight, then yes, they are offered on every flight with an F cabin!
Old Sep 1, 17, 4:46 am

Programs: BAEC
Thanks

I usually travel reasonably smartly, chinos/moleskins and a shirt etc. (my mother is 1970s era cabin crew so some standards have been ingrained!), PJs would make such a difference in avoiding the crumpled arrival look. I fear it would be a hard style to pull off in WT.
Old Sep 1, 17, 5:34 am

Programs: BA, EK, UA, MK
Agree with most of the responses here, I'll always change into the PJs just after takeoff regardless of time of day. Especially TATL it's very pleasant to spend the late morning/afternoon enjoying a leisurely lunch and a snooze and to be able to change back into the street clothes for arrival.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: