FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   GLA lounge closed 2 Sep. 2017, one day only (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1864363-gla-lounge-closed-2-sep-2017-one-day-only.html)

corporate-wage-slave Aug 31, 17 8:09 am

GLA lounge closed 2 Sep. 2017, one day only
 
http://imageshack.com/i/pmvMZCjbj

Anyone HBO should try check in first, I would suggest and unfortunately I don't know the value of the voucher. There is a Priority Pass lounge in GLA.

Saltire74 Aug 31, 17 10:06 am

Beat me to it CWS. Just checked in and seen the notice.

S

corporate-wage-slave Aug 31, 17 10:11 am

Are you able to find out the voucher amount?

Saltire74 Aug 31, 17 10:14 am


Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 28760057)
Are you able to find out the voucher amount?

I'll ask on my way back in to the terminal. Thought for a second you may have been here and would have met FT Royalty 😬😬.

S

corporate-wage-slave Aug 31, 17 10:19 am


Originally Posted by Saltire74 (Post 28760072)
I'll ask on my way back in to the terminal. Thought for a second you may have been here and would have met FT Royalty 😬😬.

S

Just missed me, I was on the 14:05 to LHR.

Saltire74 Aug 31, 17 10:22 am


Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 28760095)
Just missed me, I was on the 14:05 to LHR.

This may be an upset for some. 5.00 voucher for all eligible tiers/class except Prem Card holders. Didn't give me a value for them. Guests will also be eligible for a 5 voucher.

S

gms Aug 31, 17 10:23 am

Any company that values its customers would surely do this work overnight, rather than close a key part of the premium customer experience for the day? But I guess this is BA we are talking about!

I guess Saturdays are probably one of the quieter days for the lounge, but still ...

florens Aug 31, 17 10:39 am

5. Wow!

UKtravelbear Aug 31, 17 10:44 am


Originally Posted by gms (Post 28760117)
Any company that values its customers would surely do this work overnight, rather than close a key part of the premium customer experience for the day? But I guess this is BA we are talking about!

I guess Saturdays are probably one of the quieter days for the lounge, but still ...

Overnight work is expensive.

Plus they might actually be starting when the lounge closes on the 1st and work until early on the 3rd.

Paralytic Aug 31, 17 10:48 am


Originally Posted by florens (Post 28760188)
5. Wow!

The local's can't even get a bottle of Buckfast for that!

But it's the same as Aberdeen passengers get during the months of lounge closure.

florens Aug 31, 17 11:01 am


Originally Posted by Paralytic (Post 28760241)
The local's can't even get a bottle of Buckfast for that!

But it's the same as Aberdeen passengers get during the months of lounge closure.

It's an insult, really.

gms Aug 31, 17 11:04 am


Originally Posted by UKtravelbear (Post 28760224)
Overnight work is expensive.

Plus they might actually be starting when the lounge closes on the 1st and work until early on the 3rd.

If they need more time, just do it in two overnight phases. I appreciate that it is more expensive, but it just sums up BA's current attitude towards its highest value customers.

Saltire74 Aug 31, 17 11:06 am


Originally Posted by florens (Post 28760296)
It's an insult, really.

More or less what one of the check in agents who had overheard me asking when we were going up the escalator from check in said.

S

highexpectations Aug 31, 17 11:50 am

A group of us are on the last flight down on Friday night, so hopefully they won't close it early as we're counting on relaxing in the lounge.

tedcruz Aug 31, 17 2:35 pm

30 to a 15 year old silver card holder who is denies at galleries north and 5 to a life gold member in Glasgow, what a world...


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 3:49 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.