Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

GLA lounge closed 2 Sep. 2017, one day only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GLA lounge closed 2 Sep. 2017, one day only

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2017, 1:50 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
I wonder if you can get one voucher at check-in and another at the airside CS desk
Old Aug 31, 2017, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
I believe I've read on here before that the vouchers are now generated by FLY, so that would not be possible.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 3:17 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by BA6501
I believe I've read on here before that the vouchers are now generated by FLY, so that would not be possible.
That's correct, or at least my experience that at those stations where vouchers are used (MSY, RTM and previously INN) they originate from FLY.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 4:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by Saltire74
This may be an upset for some. £5.00 voucher for all eligible tiers/class except Prem Card holders. Didn't give me a value for them. Guests will also be eligible for a £5 voucher.

S
Five pounds to make up for missing out on that nice Glenlivet snug? For shame, BA. Hope the refurb doesn't get rid of that.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 10:52 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by gingerlucy
Five pounds to make up for missing out on that nice Glenlivet snug? For shame, BA. Hope the refurb doesn't get rid of that.
Going by the letter CWS posted and the planned time, I wouldn't have thought it was going to involve any structural work that would remove the snug.

Was surprised when I noticed the plaque at the entrance saying that the lounge opened in 2013. Was surprised at that. Didn't think it had been that long.

S
Old Sep 1, 2017, 2:20 am

Just had confirmation from Shahed on Your First that it will still be open until last flight at around 10pm tonight, so does indeed seem to be a 1 day only thing.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
Kind of annoying that I'm only reading this as I'm on my way to GLA... and my flight is delayed by 45 minutes.

I'll try not to spend my £5 all at once.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 7:20 am

Programs: BA Silver
Just imagine if they closed the LHR F Lounge for a day and offered everyone a fiver.

I'd grab my popcorn and watch the mayhem from close by the Galleries Lounge.

Alex Cruz running up and down the aisles with bottles of champagne would be a fitting sight.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 7:46 am

Now arrived at GLA, looks like repainting and general DIY taking place inside.

As said up thread, why not do this overnight?

I'll see how I fare getting the refreshment voucher at gate 22
Old Sep 2, 2017, 8:37 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
£5 is outrageous. Imagine if you could pay to guest in extra family members. I bet it wouldn't cost just £5!!
Old Sep 2, 2017, 8:40 am

No problems getting the voucher once airside. The agent seemed highly embarrassed when telling me it was only £5 though.

The bigger issue was trying to find a drink and snack for under £5...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.