Search

Made it....GGL for life... phew!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2017, 10:06 am

Congrats thats a relief!
Old Aug 31, 2017, 10:43 am

Programs: AVIS presidents club, BA GGL, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Scallops
By no means a record as it has taken 27 years but landed back at LHR on Tuesday and crossed that magical 100K Tier point line. Be good now never to have to worry about making that 3K per year to retain status. Hope to get my CCR card so can access next week. If I show the accounts page on my mobile would that also work does anyone know?
Congratulations, that's a lot of travel!
Old Aug 31, 2017, 11:28 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Congratulations Scallops!

Having achieved GfL, I am wondering if GGLfL is achievable for me.

Time, health and wealth will tell.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 1:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
Originally Posted by KARFA
Congratulations, that's quite threshold to cross.

oh come on, don't be a miserable old git
You can'y be far off....
Old Aug 31, 2017, 1:32 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tedcruz
You can'y be far off....
None of your business
DYKWIA likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 1:34 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by stewaran
wow indeed, I am on course for lifetime Gold in a mere 36 years time :-)

out of interest, not that it will ever concern me, Does Lifetime GGL give you a CCR card without needed 5000TP's?
Yes, it does. TPs and Avios are earned as usual but GGL/CCR status is lifetime irrespective of how many TPs are earned each year.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 1:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
Originally Posted by KARFA
None of your business
Watch this space!!!!
Old Aug 31, 2017, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
The benefits are the same as GGL/CCR except you don't have to re-qualify. You still have to earn your GUFs and Jokers etc at 2500, 3500, 6,7,8 and 9K. You will also attract more attention from the SS ... oh, and your CIV will now be 100.
Wow! Still a huge achievement for OP and others who are LT GGLers, but with that much of flying, I hope it will be at least a little better than Concorde Room at any fare and LT OneWorld Emerald Status. Seriously? I thought at least they would give Jokers or GUFs at LT GGLers even when they don't fly.

In that case, then at least UA LT 1K/GS seems a little better in terms of getting GPUs/RPUs every year and you can use them on NH/LH.

Once I get to 2MM LT PLT AA, I may try to go for LT GLD in BA. Well, maybe it's going to be difficult to justify.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 12:26 am

You still get the two jokers per year irrespective of the number of tier points earned. The other benefits such as GUF at 2500 etc need you to get the required number of tier points in the year.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 1:06 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by PaulInTheSky
Wow! Still a huge achievement for OP and others who are LT GGLers, but with that much of flying, I hope it will be at least a little better than Concorde Room at any fare and LT OneWorld Emerald Status. Seriously? I'm I thought at least they would give Jokers or GUFs at LT GGLers even when they don't fly.

In that case, then at least UA LT 1K/GS seems a little better in terms of getting GPUs/RPUs every year and you can use them on NH/LH.

Once I get to 2MM LT PLT AA, I may try to go for LT GLD in BA. Well, maybe it's going to be difficult to justify.
Two Jokers are given each year at Membership Year reset as are the complementary Gold and Silver partner cards. GUFs are not perks of any status and are earned 'treats' dependent on TP accrual (2500, 3500 and as options at 7, 8 and 9K). This is also the same for Premier Card holders.

As a Lifetime GGL you are higher up the food chain and OpUps are therefore far more likely. There are other discretionary perks too, very welcome when they arrive.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 1:13 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by tedcruz
You can'y be far off....
Young is our @KARFA but potential he has.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 1:14 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Congrats OP! At my current rate of earning I am about 10 years away...
Old Sep 1, 2017, 1:38 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR/LTG
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Congrats OP! At my current rate of earning I am about 10 years away...
Also my congrats to the OP. I will hit GfL this year but won't be bothering with GGLfL as that would be another 9-10 years at the same rate.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 2:23 am
Original Poster

From memory about 14 years as initially there were not so many long haul sectors. Then it grew with more US trips and even further afield.
Old May 22, 2018, 4:08 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
I'm in

Taken about 22 years of heavy flying. Will be interested to see what changes in respect of my treatment by BA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.