Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Lounge Access in Thessaloniki (SKG)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2017, 4:55 am
Original Poster

No Lounge Access in Thessaloniki (SKG)

As with some other European lounges, you can no longer access the lounge at SKG when flying business or with status. BA did not renew their contact with Skyserve at the end of June and access ceased on 1 July 2017. Agent at the lounge desk said that she wasn't aware of any plans to renew this.

Palmer
Old Aug 30, 2017, 5:08 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Seeing as this seems to be an increasing occurrence, maybe we can have a list of BA destinations with no lounge access.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 5:10 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by Southlondonbonviveur
Seeing as this seems to be an increasing occurrence, maybe we can have a list of BA destinations with no lounge access.
They are listed in the wiki here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...e-europe.html#

European BA destinations without lounge access.
As investigated by FlyerTalk's very own c-w-s. (See post.)

No lounge, and no other lounge in airport
BGO, BIQ, CFU, CHQ, CMF, EGC, FDH, FUE, GNB, GRX, INN, JSI, JTR, JMK, KGS, KLX, LIG, MAH, MJV, NTE, OVD, UIP (LCY has an external lounge, so in the CIP category).

No lounge, but vouchers provided
RTM, BOD

No lounge for BA, not available via PP or walkup fee
KEF (Icelandair and partners only);

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass
ACE, CAG, CTA, FNC, HER (lounge opening times restricted), HUY, KRK, OLB (BA charter CE can use lounge however), OPO, PMO (landside), SPU, SVQ. For RHO (see this post), TLL

No lounge for BA, but airport CIP lounge available
BDS (but very limited in scope, 25€ online), BOD, BJV, BRI (25€ walk up fee), DLM, IBZ, LCY, MPL (18€), PFO (see this thread). SVG (no PP access, NOK 300 walk-in fee option). SVQ, see post 359. SVQ, See Post 465 as well

New routes with lounge
AAL, BIO, FLR, INV, LPA, VLC.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 5:28 am

Programs: BA GGL
For SKG, I think the lounge was before passport control or possibly before security, I can't remember. What I do remember was that the airport was a complete doddle took and about 10 minutes from handing my hire car in to be sitting next to my gate, which included being mini-bussed from Avis to the terminal. HBO naturally.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 5:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by snuffi
For SKG, I think the lounge was before passport control or possibly before security, I can't remember. What I do remember was that the airport was a complete doddle took and about 10 minutes from handing my hire car in to be sitting next to my gate, which included being mini-bussed from Avis to the terminal. HBO naturally.
The lounge at SKG is after security but before passport control.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 6:04 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by snuffi
For SKG, I think the lounge was before passport control or possibly before security, I can't remember.
Originally Posted by KARFA
The lounge at SKG is after security but before passport control.
The Skyserve Manolis Andronikos lounge, which used to the Olympic lounge, is indeed right by gate A3 in the Schengen area, with the Schengen emigration control and the BA gates a short hop away, it's a very compact airport indeed.

I've added SKG to the lounge-less in Europe wiki, it remains available to Priority Pass cardholders.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 7:57 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by florens
Annoyingly, there are also lounges where you need a paper invitation from BA - which of course you won't have if you check in online/through BA app and travel with carry-on baggage only. Was recently caught out by this at ANU. The lounge dragon said there are no exceptions from this policy and sent me back to the check-in desk. CW ticket or Gold card make no difference - no paper invitation, no lounge access.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
There is not one 'good' lounge in any airport in GR to be honest, only 'ok' and really mediocre.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 2:31 am

Programs: BAEC Sludge
Lounge returns

I am in the Skyserve lounge on a BA flight so lounge access has returned. It’s very small but with good views of the apron and snow-capped mountains. Soft and alcoholic drinks, no champers and some snacks.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 3:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
There is not one 'good' lounge in any airport in GR to be honest, only 'ok' and really mediocre.
The new A3 lounge at ATH, ex Schengen, isn't too bad. Quite a nice red wine (merlot?) as I recall.
DELLAS likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 2:52 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Hi all,

I assume there's still no lounge at SKG for BA? Do they give vouchers instead?

Thanks!
Old Apr 24, 2018, 6:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Originally Posted by florens
Yep its a growing list of non lounge access....so if in Y despite BA status BOB...(is that the BA ploy anyhow). All rather disappointing and I actually quite liked the SKG lounge access...
Old Apr 24, 2018, 6:44 am

Programs: BAEC Sludge
Actually, as I mentioned in my post on April 2, we did get access at SKG through flying BA Silver in economy. It's the Skyserve lounge and isn't much to right home about. It also got quite full. We were given a voucher at check-in.

So it looks as if SKG DOES have lounge access again. Unless the check-in person took a fancy to me...
Old Apr 24, 2018, 8:04 am

Programs: BA GGL
I was travelling through Thessaloniki on 14 April as a GGL flying in club Europe and tried to get into the skyserve lounge but was denied- agent said BA used to have agreement there but they didn't renew so f4monty may have just got lucky. Ended up using priority pass to get it - it's a very basic lounge (but then the airport is also pretty basic). Didn't ask about a voucher at check in though but certainty wasn't offered
Old May 12, 2018, 2:41 am

Programs: BA Silver (soft landing!), HH Gold
In SKG skyserve "lounge" now, confirmed agreement with BA has expired. Only got in due to hotel booking.. They said hopeful of restoring it in near future, who knows..

Slightly better than rest of the airport, is the best one can say about it.. Mythos beer and Gordon's gin, cling film sandwiches

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.