Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Heathrow Rewards questions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2017, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Heathrow Rewards questions

I can't find any detailed discussion about Heathrow Rewards, so hope a new thread here is appropriate in light of the current excellent Avios earning opportunities.

I have rather ignored this prog, being overburdened with other progs which seemed to offer more, but I do have an account that I registered for a long time ago, and I think is quietly collecting points each time I buy a HEX ticket.

However, I am much more interested in the current 4,500 Avios sign-up bonus / conversion opportunity for a £150 spend (potentially landside on gift cards if I understand correctly), but have have read that there is a limit of one account per household (does this mean address ?).

Is the limit enforced by LHR Rewards and, if so, how ? Can different people at the same address really not sign up ? Can the same person sign up at different addresses (work / home) ? Do the addresses on the LHR Rewards and Avios (or BAEC ?) account to which converted points are transferred have to match ? Do the names even have to match ?

Given that there is a deadline for earning / converting for the current bonus, a virtual card would seem to be the way to go, rather than waiting for a card to arrive in the post (or not) some time in the future. However, I read somewhere that there are issues with scanned virtual cards. Does anyone know if that currently applies at WH Smith or Boots ?

I hope that I am not alone in thinking that a thread on this potentially useful Avios earning opportunity would be justified. If there is one and I have missed it, perhaps a Mod could kindly fold my questions into it.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 10:51 am

We have 3 Heathrow rewards accounts at our house for Mrs rapidex young rapidex and myself.I have never seen any problems and we usually transfer our Heathrow rewards points onto our BAEC accounts which are in our BAEC household account.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:07 am
Suspended

You can download the Heathrow airport app with rewards card signed in. That way you do not need a physical card but your phone connected to Heathrow Wi-Fi.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: BA Gold
One thing to watch for is if "ordering" items in advance (from the website for collection as you pass through the terminal) your HR number, even though it is on the pre-order, does not automatically flow through to the purchase and thus you get no points for the very expensive bit of gadgetry you've picked up. Looking at you Dixons airside T4!
Nightbus to Dalson likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:56 am
Original Poster

As a quick PS, how long do the points generally take to post for purchases at the airport (I am thinking landside gift cards, as I regard the duty free shopping offerings as a complete con) ?
Old Aug 29, 2017, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
You cannot register 2 accounts at the same address. It needs to be 34 High St, 34a High Street etc.

You can send points to BA, Avios.com etc so you don't need to duplicate account numbers.

High St gift cards from WHS seem to be popular purchases.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles
You cannot register 2 accounts at the same address. It needs to be 34 High St, 34a High Street etc.

You can send points to BA, Avios.com etc so you don't need to duplicate account numbers.

High St gift cards from WHS seem to be popular purchases.
I never new that.We have 3 accounts all registered at the identical address all earning Heathrow reward points and transferring into our individual accounts as part of our BAEC household account.We have no problem earning and transferring.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 4:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
I've inadvertently got 2 accounts but you can only link one BAEC to any one HR account. If you try to convert HR points to avios on the second account you get a computer says no and you have to get those to Avios so that you can then mptransfer Avios
Old Aug 30, 2017, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
I've inadvertently got 2 accounts but you can only link one BAEC to any one HR account. If you try to convert HR points to avios on the second account you get a computer says no and you have to get those to Avios so that you can then mptransfer Avios
I wonder if one can register a BAEC a/c with HR, transfer and then de-register, leaving the way open to register the same BAEC account with another HR account. Registering and de-registering the BAEC account with HR looks as though it only takes a moment, so no great effort involved if it works.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 6:49 am

I have googling for an answer but didn't find any, hence appreciate that someone can provide a quick definitive answer.

Do you transfer directly Heathrow Rewards to BAEC?

Or is it transfer from Heathrow Rewards to Avios (which is only open to UK residents) and then from Avios to BAEC?
Old Dec 29, 2017, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
You can do either.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 6:57 am

That's great, thanks very much for clarification!

May I know if this transfer can be done online?

Also must both Heathrow Rewards and BAEC accounts share same details, if so, which - postal address, email address, etc.?

Originally Posted by Globaliser
You can do either.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
May I know if this transfer can be done online?

Also must both Heathrow Rewards and BAEC accounts share same details, if so, which - postal address, email address, etc.?
Yes, the Heathrow Rewards website lets you order rewards online. IIRC, both the BAEC and Avios pages ask for your membership number, but I don't know whether or to what extent there is any other information matching.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 11:30 am

I made a transfer from HR to BA online last week but the Avios still haven't arrived in my BA account... typically how long would the transfer take? Have an urgent redemption to make...
Old Jan 27, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: BA, Marriott & SPG, Hilton, Avis
I made a transfer from HR to BA on 16th January and it hit my BA account on 23rd January.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.