Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New BA Club World catering concept [general discussion]

New BA Club World catering concept [general discussion]

Old Aug 29, 2017, 9:49 pm

BA mustn't be near the corner to provide great service again someday!
Old Aug 29, 2017, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by mjh0
The starters look better, from what I've seen (BA folk on Twitter posting about it).

However we seem to be losing the side salad *as well* as the main course salad.
We didn't really 'lose' the saide salad, just that we need to ask for it now
Old Aug 30, 2017, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by mjh0
The starters look better, from what I've seen (BA folk on Twitter posting about it).

However we seem to be losing the side salad *as well* as the main course salad.
My understanding is that (at this stage at least) the loadings are supposed to be such that everyone can have one of the two starters with either side salad or soup. This is a net gain (in choice) not a net loss (in number of courses).

It is still unclear whether loadings will finally allow cheese and dessert or not. This was certainly discussed early on and I hope that they have done it as this would be another improvement in the meal format.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 2:24 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by MPH1980
I have to say ... I'm doing CW to JFK in mid Sept and normally I would be watching for a UUA to first ...

Now I'm not so sure. I think maybe I should stay put and experience the new service/bedding.
I think that the roll out of the new bedding was postponed for some time so it's only the new meal service at the moment.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 2:37 am

Programs: BA Gold
Given the new trolley service, how are crew going to manage to ensure that Gold's/Silver's etc still get their first choice prioritised, or is that out the window now and it all comes down to where you are seated? It would be a bit strange if they were taking the trolley up and down the aisles to find passengers in order of status.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Previous discussion on this is here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...s-lhr-jfk.html

(I'm afraid to admit I used "leather" as my search term!).

EDIT: I noticed that the rest of the MediaCentre press release contained a few extra bits and pieces:

A lot of corporate spin in the original press release but still intrigued at how they reached a Ł400m 'investment' figure. A significant part of the 'investment' are for items that have to be renewed regardless. For that kind of money - you can build 10 to 15 primary schools (and kit them out) - so suppose have to wait and see if there is a tangible improvement for customers.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 2:50 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad
I think that the roll out of the new bedding was postponed for some time so it's only the new meal service at the moment.
Yes, the bedding has been delayed until mid-October due to some last minute issues with the colour. The original blanket was the same colour as the carpet and presented a potential tripping problem.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by Severn40
A lot of corporate spin in the original press release but still intrigued at how they reached a Ł400m 'investment' figure. A significant part of the 'investment' are for items that have to be renewed regardless. For that kind of money - you can build 10 to 15 primary schools (and kit them out) - so suppose have to wait and see if there is a tangible improvement for customers.
If you have a look at the topic below, it might help you understand how they've arrived at that figure:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-5-2017-a.html
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by Severn40
A lot of corporate spin in the original press release but still intrigued at how they reached a Ł400m 'investment' figure.
No-one has bothered to ask BA what they mean by Ł400m, or over what period they're talking about.

Based on the first post, it seems as though they're counting opex spend on catering as 'investment'. I'm surprised they are allowed to do this.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 3:05 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by evacboy
Wait, is this two pasta options? (A beef gnocchi and a vegetarian ravioli) or is it beef WITH gnocchi?
Gnocchi aren't pasta

I take your point on the 2 carb heavy options.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 3:56 am

There is no vegetarian main course which is a bit of a shame.

The Parmesan in the ravioli won't be vegetarian unless Do & Co are using a fake parmesan substitute which I very much doubt. Does anyone know if this is the case?
Old Aug 30, 2017, 4:06 am

Programs: BA Bronze
I am assuming that until the bedding is sorted out we will still have the Elemis shoe bags on the JFK flights ?
Old Aug 30, 2017, 4:16 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by missdimeaner
I am assuming that until the bedding is sorted out we will still have the Elemis shoe bags on the JFK flights ?
I would guess it's just the bedding that will be missing from 1 September, and I would expect the new amenity kit to be made available.

I think it is worth posing questions like this (and, for example, the vegetarian main course query from gingeola) since we will be able to get answers to this on Friday.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by missdimeaner
We'll know the answer to that for sure on Friday, I suspect the new wash bag might be offered. The safety issue was with the bedding so you may be lucky.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 4:25 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
We'll know the answer to that for sure on Friday, I suspect the new wash bag might be offered. The safety issue was with the bedding so you may be lucky.
According to the article on Head For Points the new wash bags are also postponed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.