Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New BA Club World catering concept [general discussion]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New BA Club World catering concept [general discussion]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2017, 10:26 am

Programs: BA Bronze
MrD and I are off to JFK next week. We have pre ordered - I took one for the team and have ordered the beef (what is best of heritage beef ? ) I don't know why the cut of beef wasn't mentioned...
MrD has opted for fish - if I remember I will take some photographs and report back.
I will also miss the curry.....
patmcpsu likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 10:41 am

Programs: AVIS presidents club, BA GGL, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
Looks really good to me, however, it isn't just about the quality of the food and drinks but also about how it is presented by the crew. If the crew aren't professional in presenting the new style service in an enthusiastic way, then all the hard work and so called investment is worth nothing.

And with respect to the new bedding in Club World, again it looks fantastic, but unless the crew realise that sleeping in 23 degrees under the new duvet is going to be completely impossible, then all the effort put into creating a new contract with the White Company is pointless.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 10:42 am

Nothing about 2nd meal, wonder if similar to now or something completely different, like TK's style
Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:05 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by JALlover
At least BA is not adding the 'candle' as part of the layout.

That didn't go down well with CX at all
And the 'tower' surely looks more sturdy here. Poor CX FAs, being used as guinea pigs to their endangerment and suffering...

I thought BA is as undercrewed as CX is? It'll be interesting to see how long this service ends up taking on this not-very-long sector.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:08 am

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
Yeay, the wine has been curated. Buzzword bingo-tastic!
I'd hate if it were only carefully selected wines.
Pascoe likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:20 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by BlueThroughCrimp
Curated wines taste much nicer than carefully selected wines
Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:23 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Gomac
Exactly, one would rather have a choice of 3 higher quality options over 4 mediocre ones surely.
No. Sorry. Why can't we have 4 good choices ? That's what real investment would deliver.

Unlike BA 'investment' which delivers a reduction in choice...
KeaneJohn and angeloedades like this.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:25 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by BlueThroughCrimp
Perhaps they mean aerated
Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by bafan
No. Sorry. Why can't we have 4 good choices ? That's what real investment would deliver.

Unlike BA 'investment' which delivers a reduction in choice...
C'mon that's very harsh!

The way I see it is that there is an extra starter (soup), two extra dessert options (three in total), and cheese in addition to dessert. One main course down. Not only that but the quality is up too. What with the further improvements down the line I think it is very positive ^
Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:40 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
C'mon that's very harsh!

The way I see it is that there is an extra starter (soup), two extra dessert options (three in total), and cheese in addition to dessert. One main course down. Not only that but the quality is up too. What with the further improvements down the line I think it is very positive ^
And the cheese board includes 3 decent cheeses with accompaniments. No matter how good these catering improvements are, they naysayers will find ways of complaining about them - good grief it has started already and the changes haven't even been rolled out!
Geordie405 likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:47 am

Will this apply to flights from JFK to LHR? We are traveling in CW on 9/9.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:48 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by tmr10001
Yes, from 1 September. See the main thread referenced above.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by tmr10001
Yes, it should. As catering out of JFK had already been done by DO&Co IIRC
Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
And the 'tower' surely looks more sturdy here. Poor CX FAs, being used as guinea pigs to their endangerment and suffering...

I thought BA is as undercrewed as CX is? It'll be interesting to see how long this service ends up taking on this not-very-long sector.
BA is undercrew, even on the refurb 747 with one extra crew in Club. BA did mention (somewhere) that the service is going to take longer than the current one, but not by much. Well..let see

I start to wonder how they can do this on upper deck, where the person closest to galley has to run forward and backward to top up food...
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:02 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JALlover
BA is undercrew, even on the refurb 747 with one extra crew in Club. BA did mention (somewhere) that the service is going to take longer than the current one, but not by much. Well..let see

I start to wonder how they can do this on upper deck, where the person closest to galley has to run forward and backward to top up food...
The undercrewing relates to MF flights and the first route is a WW route so unlikely to be an issue. Also the crewing is a result of the strikes which end at the end of August with no further dates announced.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.