Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New BA Club World catering concept [general discussion]

New BA Club World catering concept [general discussion]

Old Feb 13, 2018, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
They also cater us from ORD but you are correct the budget is higher for the JFK route.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 2:37 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
I think the loss of the main course salad is a shame.

I'm fascinated by what the new re-re-launched Club Europe catering will be, based on this...I really hope it's not just M&S BoB credit.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Can I help you
So here is the spin and what I feel is the truth.
Now that we have seen what GG are supplying we can see that it’s the same food arranged differently on new china.
Do&Co will only be supplying the food for the LHR JFK route plus from a few outstations and this will be of a much higher quality, this wasn’t what we were told during training and speaking as crew I feel let down.
BA would say that there is more food and more choice, let’s see?
Starters are currently loaded to 100% and this will stay the same.
Salads are currently loaded to 100% and this is being reduced to 20% but will get 20% soup, BAs spin is that means that starters are being increased from 100% to 140% where actually it’s being decreased from 200%.
Main course salads have been removed and replaced but extra hot meals, no increase and still at 120%.
I have not been able to work out if we have more desserts and cheese but I’m guessing that we have.
So there you have it, less food, nicer china, better bedding and service delivery routines that doesn’t work.

Originally Posted by Can I help you

You will be offered a personalised hand job after departure and the menu looks very similar to what we have always served, breakfast will also be served by hand and breakfast cards will be offered for you to complete which does help those who want to sleep longer.
I heard a joke about the railways a few days ago that equally applies here.

Alex Cruz and Doug Parker (AA CEO) are being interviewed about the same level of investment they're making in their airlines. The interviewer starts off by asking Alex what he has planned. "Well" he says "We are going to introduce new catering where the food is restaurant quality, produced by new caterers. Everyone will get their own choice of starters, mains and dessert. We'll offer customers seriously good bedding and the whole thing will be designed to be easy for the crew to serve.

"Okay" the interviewer says "now Doug what about your plans" Doug looks at the interviewer and smiles. "We're going to give all our business class customers a Rolls Royce trip to the airport from anywhere. We're going to give them a personalised journey from the moment they arrive in the airport to the time they get on board. There will be a personal massage available to anyone who wants it on board and another Rolls Royce waiting at the airport to take them to their final destination. Oh and we'll be cutting our carbon emissions by 99%."

Stunned the Interviewer says "Erm Doug that all seems a bit far far fetched doesn't it?"

"Well Alex started it" comes the reply.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 4:39 pm

Programs: BAEC
Is there a form of partnership between Do&Co and Gate Gournet of somekind?

Or are they not direct competitors for offering inflight catering? I like to understand this better from the more knowledgeable.

Also why does the JFK route get a higher budget than others? (I guess I can guess the answer) but would it not make sense to budget fairly across all routes and provide quality with consistency as well?

From what I’m piecing together nothing has substantially changed in terms of food (bar the odd extra item and maybe a different choice in main, no?!) it’s just the tableware update, trolley presentation but GG plus Do&Co continue as they were?
Old Feb 14, 2018, 1:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
I think the loss of the main course salad is a shame.

I'm fascinated by what the new re-re-launched Club Europe catering will be, based on this...I really hope it's not just M&S BoB credit.
Rounded plates will replace square?!
Old Feb 14, 2018, 1:31 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
If Raffles is correct in today's article on CW catering and the new Do&Co food is not to be launched beyond the LHR-JFK route I suspect that BA will again have created PR damage which they should have foreseen. Creating high expectation and then not meeting it is an effective way at damaging brand perception (like putting in a bottle of Bollinger with no intention of actually serving that).
Old Feb 14, 2018, 1:35 am

Hilariously predictable.

Now where is that thread on the Investing4U jolly......
Old Feb 14, 2018, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Didn't they serve only starters and desserts on the three hour jaunt? In which case they haven't technically deceived anyone
Old Feb 14, 2018, 2:48 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Hyatt Prive, Hilton Impressario, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Roswood Elite, MO Fan Club
How long before the Daily Mail catches on to this..... :P
Old Feb 14, 2018, 2:49 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Is ‘Seven’ £7 of BoB budget for CE passengers now
Old Feb 14, 2018, 2:58 am

Programs: Meh
Pretty sad how BA has changed over the last years. Ah well, plenty of other options out there.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 3:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by jday
Or revised to 7 courses
Old Feb 14, 2018, 3:30 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by choosethedrew

Or revised to 7 courses
Only if your definition of 'course' is half a prawn....
Old Feb 14, 2018, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by jday
No, it's the maximum number of CE rows.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 3:49 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Meals are now loaded to 7% of passenger load. What an improvement.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.