Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancelling BA holiday upgrade with Avios

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2017, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Cancelling BA holiday upgrade with Avios

Hi, I haven't been able to find an answer for this anywhere after a fair bit of searching.
Currently have a booking in business class from Bucharest to Phoenix where we have just paid the 350 euros deposit. At the time we upgraded these with avios to first. Now this trip has become unnecessary, if we cancel this reservation at this point will we get a full refund on avios used and just lose the deposit paid? or will there be a cancellation fee added on top of losing the deposit?
Thanks
Old Aug 28, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Lilcoop3k
Hi, I haven't been able to find an answer for this anywhere after a fair bit of searching.
Currently have a booking in business class from Bucharest to Phoenix where we have just paid the 350 euros deposit. At the time we upgraded these with avios to first. Now this trip has become unnecessary, if we cancel this reservation at this point will we get a full refund on avios used and just lose the deposit paid? or will there be a cancellation fee added on top of losing the deposit?
Thanks
I have done this exactly. You lose the deposit paid and they will refund the avios to your account straight away for the upgrade. Just give the BA Holidays team a call.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the help
Old Aug 28, 2017, 12:52 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Just to thank you for your question Lilcoop3k, and to welcome you to Flyertalk. A particular greeting from all of us in the BA forum, and though this particular trip did not work out, I hope that there will be a future opportunity. And many thanks to Gomac for the swift and full reply.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.