Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Warm Champagne in CE

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2017, 3:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I had this experience a few weeks ago on the flight from EDI to LHR, but this is the only time it has happened.

I got an apology as it was handed over saying that there wasn't a chiller on board and that it hadn't been chilled prior to loading as it usually is - this was the small Castelnau bottle... this didnt stop me having a second bottle 😜
Old Aug 28, 2017, 3:41 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
The temperature is usually ok but certainly there have been occasions when it was not chilled enough for my preference.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 4:09 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by Edinflyer
I had this experience a few weeks ago on the flight from EDI to LHR, but this is the only time it has happened.

I got an apology as it was handed over saying that there wasn't a chiller on board and that it hadn't been chilled prior to loading as it usually is - this was the small Castelnau bottle... this didnt stop me having a second bottle ��
Another Edinburgh flyer and we seem to be growing in numbers!

Welcome to Flyertalk and the BA Board Edinflyer

Can't have been that bad if you had a 2nd bottle then
Old Aug 28, 2017, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Two of my three times were on FRA to LHR (on the 767).
Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:08 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by final_call
Hi all

This is my first post and not a rant, just a comment to see if anyone has had the same experience. On my last 3-4 CE trips, I noticed that the champagne has not been chilled. What's that all about? Is this the norm now?

As you can see it is an important topic!!
Welcome to the new BA!
Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:13 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by final_call
Two of my three times were on FRA to LHR (on the 767).
FRA is a hot, stickifest. I hate flying on that airline (my most disfavored to date) and I hate flying through CDG - literally the worst experience in the EU for me. 'Sophisticated' my ....

Old Aug 28, 2017, 6:20 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
If they served chilled champagne, there'd be nowhere to chill the cutlery packs.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 11:13 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
If they served chilled champagne, there'd be nowhere to chill the cutlery packs.
indeed those are freezing cold!
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by florens
indeed those are freezing cold!
And damp!
Old Aug 29, 2017, 1:18 am

Were these morning flights by any chance?
I've found that often the crew haven't been able to chill the bottles before the first rotation. My sample is frequent flying, but only from ARN.

Pro-active good crew put the bottles on ice first thing. The others... well you get luke warm champagne
Old Aug 29, 2017, 4:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
In my experience some of the best shorthaul crews are far more pro-active about ensuring the Champagne is nicely chilled. I recall chatting with one crew member who I noticed had put several bottles on ice while we were boarding. He also greeted all CE pax by name etc too so was clearly someone with great attention to detail.

No surprise perhaps that crews that seem disinterested are also the ones that serve warm Champagne! (albeit in my limited experience).
Old Aug 29, 2017, 8:46 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Same happened to me last Sun on a FCO/LHR.

Both bottles were warm, making it undrinkable. Shame.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 9:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Flew LHR-AMS in June and all the fizzy stuff (prosecco I think, not champagne) in BoB was warm so we were given ice cubes. For free and everything!
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by gingerlucy
Flew LHR-AMS in June and all the fizzy stuff (prosecco I think, not champagne) in BoB was warm so we were given ice cubes. For free and everything!
There's both prosecco and champagne (well Monopole) available from the BoB trolley.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
In my experience, flying BRU<>LHR every two weeks, there is a 90% chance that the champagne is not chilled enough for my liking. It's automatic for me now to order a glass of ice on the side. I'd rather have cold champagne with ice rather than warm champagne.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.