Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jaguar transfer tight connections

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2019, 2:27 am

Surely this would look classy in BA colours.

Available in electric and it's CHEAP!

Old Jan 12, 2019, 3:21 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Hmmm well I have yet another T3-T5 J-F connection today. Success with BA on these vehicle connections (Jag or not) is running at a round 0% at the moment. It’s been the bus every time, including a missed connection and a €600 EU261 over the last 2 years. Will see if BA finally finds my name on their list.. I even overheard a couple from MAN behind me on arrival at LHR getting a Jag last week - I saw it as we came to stand and I kinda hoped it had been for me but no..
Old Jan 12, 2019, 3:27 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold

Last edited by ThatT1Feeling; Jan 12, 2019 at 3:27 am Reason: Duplicate
Old Jan 12, 2019, 3:45 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
The idea of these taxis is much like much of the wine served by BA is just cheap and pure nasty for a premium experience. Whilst the new generation may be more environmentally friendly and ergonomic they are certainly not appealing to look at nor luxurious like a Jaguar or Range Rover.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 3:57 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by icegirl
The idea of these taxis is much like much of the wine served by BA is just cheap and pure nasty for a premium experience. Whilst the new generation may be more environmentally friendly and ergonomic they are certainly not appealing to look at nor luxurious like a Jaguar or Range Rover.
The Jags are still there, and as of yesterday the SUVs too. From what I can make out this just expands the service to more passengers by having a larger fleet. I'd imagine there isn't a big price difference between a Jag and an electric LEVC, though there will be on running costs.
icegirl likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 4:01 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

The electric LEVC's cost around £60k each. Not that I'm on the market for one - I'm be very interested in a used SWB Defender though
our_kid likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 4:08 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The Jags are still there, and as of yesterday the SUVs too. From what I can make out this just expands the service to more passengers by having a larger fleet. I'd imagine there isn't a big price difference between a Jag and an electric LEVC, though there will be on running costs.
I believe LHR and the Windsor suite have a partnership with BMW and are replenished every 6 months. BA intern should use this to their advantage and sub lease them during quiet times.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 4:11 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Prospero
The electric LEVC's cost around £60k each. Not that I'm on the market for one - I'm be very interested in a used SWB Defender though
Same price entry level Range Rover Sport. I would hold off on the Defender as they will be announcing a totally new model either this or next year.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 4:28 am

I believe LHR and the Windsor suite have a partnership with BMW and are replenished every 6 months. BA intern should use this to their advantage and sub lease them during quiet times.
Or copy the premium airlines and offer your premium customers a ride to the airport @:-)
Old Jan 12, 2019, 4:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by simons1

Or copy the premium airlines and offer your premium customers a ride to the airport @:-)
Well from my understanding very few premium airlines usually some those. In the ME this is usually included in the standard ticket price. However even Emirates this week announced they are now cutting back on the availability of a chauffeur service to the airport for those upgrading on miles.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 5:57 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Hmmm well I have yet another T3-T5 J-F connection today. Success with BA on these vehicle connections (Jag or not) is running at a round 0% at the moment. It’s been the bus every time, including a missed connection and a €600 EU261 over the last 2 years. Will see if BA finally finds my name on their list.. I even overheard a couple from MAN behind me on arrival at LHR getting a Jag last week - I saw it as we came to stand and I kinda hoped it had been for me but no..
Came in on a flight from Central Europe Thursday evening which in the end, in spite of the weather over there with heavy snow, was on stand 5 minutes early, at a remote gate. One individual got the Jag (obv. going east if they were connecting), for myself it was the bus. No material difference, to be honest, maybe 5 minutes as CE wasn't super busy, but worth noting that even when they provision a vehicle they will happily leave some GGLs behind
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 6:24 am

I suppose initiatives like this always risk the " I'm a GGL and didn't get the Jag" line but if BA are trying to expedite customers with tight connections then it sounds a good thing.

Whether any checked bags will make it is a different matter...,
Old Jan 12, 2019, 7:17 am
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by simons1
I suppose initiatives like this always risk the " I'm a GGL and didn't get the Jag" line but if BA are trying to expedite customers with tight connections then it sounds a good thing.

Whether any checked bags will make it is a different matter...,
the point is these are NOT part of the sold product. If available and you have a tight premium connection you might get one. But it’s ‘might’ not will.
that aside it’s for Civ scores 99 and higher so many GGL do not meet the threshold. As other ggl4l will probably corroborate even that is a surprise when it happens. At time you can be met on a far A gate with a jag, but then back to usual on a c gate.so it’s just an added extra, not an expectation.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
they are certainly not appealing to look at nor luxurious like a Jaguar or Range Rover.
While I love the idea of being picked up by a Jaguar, a Range Rover has got exactly zero luxury appeal to me, and not only that but even though I would not consider myself that environmentally focused (I do fly all the time after all), I'd strongly object to BA using something with as terrifying a petrol consumption as a Range Rover (one of my friends got a SDV8 and the petrol cost is appalling) where there is exactly zero need for it given the terrain.

The electric cars are fine by me and I'd be happy to be picked up in one, and if they want to impress me with luxury, Rolls or Bentley would do nicely or Jaguar or BMW would be totally fine!
Old Jan 12, 2019, 7:35 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by DFB_london
that aside it’s for Civ scores 99 and higher so many GGL do not meet the threshold.
Is that true? BA's press release indicates the service is intended for Silvers and above plus CE/CW/F passengers.

See here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.