Wiki Posts
Search

Jaguar transfer tight connections

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2017, 5:16 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Latest update on this, Concierge Key passengers on a BA T5 UK domestic flight connecting to an AA flight from T3 are now being targeted for this, in that direction only...
Any news about Dom T5-T3 connections for BA GGLs travelling in First transferring to LAS? Despite all my efforts to avoid it, I have to use this service again in a couple of weeks - I loathe this transfer.

... [Now I've got to get the get the summon up the strength to post something on this to the AA forum.....]
Good luck
Old Sep 27, 2017, 5:19 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Any news about Dom T5-T3 connections for BA GGLs travelling in First transferring to LAS? Despite all my efforts to avoid it, I have to use this service again in a couple of weeks - I loathe this transfer.
You should get it if the connection is under 2 hours. Best endeavours if longer.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 6:58 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
Does anybody know how busy the cars are?
I just had a T5 connection where I had to walk CCR to A4 to take a bus back to the apron positions (e.g. 524) just outside the south lounge complex. In that case it would have been really nice to save the time and just get a short car ride. Security/immigration should not be a problem in that case.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 7:09 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by El_Duderito
Does anybody know how busy the cars are?
I just had a T5 connection where I had to walk CCR to A4 to take a bus back to the apron positions (e.g. 524) just outside the south lounge complex. In that case it would have been really nice to save the time and just get a short car ride. Security/immigration should not be a problem in that case.
I think it is a case of they will find you if they think you need a car rather than you asking for a lift.

If it makes you feel any better on Sunday I arrived A1, then walked to the CCR, then walked all the way back to A4 20 minutes later, and boarded my flight on the remote stands opposite the south end of T5A
Old Nov 23, 2017, 7:12 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
Originally Posted by KARFA
I think it is a case of they will find you if they think you need a car rather than you asking for a lift.
After all the food a bit of walking is OK but in case the cars aren't busy it would be a nice way to show that they appreciate our business. After all the UK domestic transfers won't apply to the ex-EU customers.
So this more or less revolves around 'do they have spare car capacity?'.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 7:29 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by El_Duderito
After all the food a bit of walking is OK but in case the cars aren't busy it would be a nice way to show that they appreciate our business. After all the UK domestic transfers won't apply to the ex-EU customers.
So this more or less revolves around 'do they have spare car capacity?'.
It sounds like they are concentrating on those status passengers coming from domestic flights and who have tight connections or are doing inter terminal connections - tbh that is where I would appreciate the car if offered. I am not sure I would want them offering the car from either a domestic arrival gate to the CCR, or the CCR to a gate on T5A, that would seem a bit of a waste just to save a little walking.

I can do CCR to A1 in 5 minutes (yes I really timed it once) - I suspect a car wouldn't be any quicker since it would take a few minutes to get from the CCR to the car to start with. What would be nice is when in F getting a car from the CCR to the plane when on a T5B or C gate.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 8:01 am

Programs: BA GGL
It sounds like they are concentrating on those status passengers coming from domestic flights and who have tight connections or are doing inter terminal connections - tbh that is where I would appreciate the car if offered. I am not sure I would want them offering the car from either a domestic arrival gate to the CCR, or the CCR to a gate on T5A, that would seem a bit of a waste just to save a little walking.

I can do CCR to A1 in 5 minutes (yes I really timed it once) - I suspect a car wouldn't be any quicker since it would take a few minutes to get from the CCR to the car to start with.
This ^

What would be nice is when in F getting a car from the CCR to the plane when on a T5B or C gate.
​​​​​​​Agreed, although I do rather enjoy the walk through the tunnels.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Whilst it wasn't the JAG it might have been because there were 4 of us but we were met by a suited member of ground services at the jetbidge on our flight from INV to LHR to take us to T3 to catch out LAS flight vehicle was a merc minibus

we had a 1 hr connection, 2 golds 2 blues
Old Nov 23, 2017, 8:46 am

Programs: BA GGL
I had the Merc minibus a few weeks back on a T5A-T5C connection, going from GLA-LHR-JNB. Great service ^
Old Nov 23, 2017, 9:36 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I've had 3 transfers so far, all NCL-T3 international, plus one I declined. I've been meaning to do a full trip report, as is customary, but the first one I had put my mobile phone (and thus camera) into my bag, which ended up in the boot; the second time my battery was so flat I needed to give it a miss. Finally on the third occasion - all the stars lined up, camera, notebook, stopwatch - then at the last moment a couple was added to the transfer and it was pretty much impossible to take photos without making myself an even bigger plonker than normal. Oh well, next time.
rapidex, Tobias-UK, KARFA and 4 others like this.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
I've had 3 transfers so far, all NCL-T3 international, plus one I declined.
Out of curiosity, what car did you have? An XJ or one of the XF sportbrakes (Estate)?
Old Nov 23, 2017, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by Jagboi
Out of curiosity, what car did you have? An XJ or one of the XF sportbrakes (Estate)?
A shiny black one!
squawk likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 11:35 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
A shiny black one!
Shiny black to match the CCR Mug - sheesh, BA really do think of everything to keep you happy

M
squawk likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 11:40 am

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
A shiny black one!
Better check it isn't a hearse...
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by Jagboi
Better check it isn't a hearse...
But think of the marketing potential! “Our new transfer service, featuring lay-flat beds...”
Tobias-UK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.