Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jaguar transfer tight connections

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2018, 3:14 pm

Anyone had it from Dublin? Is Dublin not classed same as domestic?
Old Dec 16, 2018, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by france77
Anyone had it from Dublin? Is Dublin not classed same as domestic?
Hi,

With Dublin arrivals , you will need to follow signs for flight connections and clear security regardless so not the same as domestic

If terminating at LHR from Dub, you bypass immigration and go to baggage reclaim and clear customs ( flights from dublin arrive at Gate A23 with a special passageway bypassing immgration.

Regards

TBS
Old Dec 17, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I'm going to guess your previous experience was late morning when the main AA departures are leaving? Not that I've really had experienced any problems recently, all of my transfers in 2018 have been in the 19 to 37 minute area, T5 gate to T3 lounge. At that time of the day (20:00 hrs) I really doubt you'd experience "utter chaos". If your AMS arrives into T5B note the bus pickup point at ground level.
Yup i think it was late morning - and i think (it was a while ago now) i was getting on an AA flight to ORD so could possibly fit with your comment.

Thanks re: T5B note - i honestly didnt know a bus went from there. Most of my AMS flights have either been A or the dreaded remote stand (another bus - LOL)
Old Dec 17, 2018, 11:23 am

thanks!

On a separate note, I have two separate bookings for DUB - LHR, LHR-JFK, on same day both with BA. Do you know if I will be able to check through luggage from Dublin or will I need to collect and re-check in?
Old Dec 17, 2018, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by france77
thanks!

On a separate note, I have two separate bookings for DUB - LHR, LHR-JFK, on same day both with BA. Do you know if I will be able to check through luggage from Dublin or will I need to collect and re-check in?
Hi,

The official policy is that bags will not be checked through on separate tickets. ( you would need to collect them at LHR and recheck)

There are a number of posts that have indicated that bags have been tageed through.

I would not count on this and plan on having to collect them and recheck in ( bag drop at T5 closes at T-60 for long haul) -if you do get them checked through, view it as a bonus

Regards

TBS
Old Dec 17, 2018, 3:28 pm

thanks
Old Dec 20, 2018, 11:08 am

Currently sat in AMS with a 45 min delay to the flight - so looks like i’ll Only have 45mins max connection for cpt- guessing this isn’t gobig to happen and we’ll be offloaded.

BA lounge dragon refuses to help saying its chaos with Gatwick, BA gold line say their systems are down so basically go to flight connections and see what options are left
Old Dec 20, 2018, 11:14 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by GavT_london
Currently sat in AMS with a 45 min delay to the flight - so looks like i’ll Only have 45mins max connection for cpt- guessing this isn’t gobig to happen and we’ll be offloaded.

BA lounge dragon refuses to help saying its chaos with Gatwick, BA gold line say their systems are down so basically go to flight connections and see what options are left
Um, yeah, this isn't a great day for this. The systems appear to be coming back, but I would say there's a good chance you will end up in London tonight. It's just possible someone will meet you at the gate in T5, so have a quick check before running off to the bus. It's not impossible to make the connection (but I agree it's not looking good). Your CPT flight may also get delayed.....
Old Dec 21, 2018, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Um, yeah, this isn't a great day for this. The systems appear to be coming back, but I would say there's a good chance you will end up in London tonight. It's just possible someone will meet you at the gate in T5, so have a quick check before running off to the bus. It's not impossible to make the connection (but I agree it's not looking good). Your CPT flight may also get delayed.....
Just an update

Message sent to the plane whilst on approach AMS>LHR, CSM came up to me and said a man would be waiting at end of jetbridge for myself, partner and 4 other (family) PAX who were on the same flight - we were whisked to T3 via mini bus - sadly we then had security etc to content with. And in the end the CPT flight was delayed by an hour so we had enough time.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 9:13 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by GavT_london
Just an update

Message sent to the plane whilst on approach AMS>LHR, CSM came up to me and said a man would be waiting at end of jetbridge for myself, partner and 4 other (family) PAX who were on the same flight - we were whisked to T3 via mini bus - sadly we then had security etc to content with. And in the end the CPT flight was delayed by an hour so we had enough time.

Thanks for reporting back. Yes, only connections from domestic flights bypass the security check.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 3:50 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It is mentioned upthread that BA were looking to expand the fleet - and there is an announcement (below) from the Media Centre about this. Having said that, BA in the last few months appear to have hired assorted SUVs / People Carriers particularly if taking several unrelated passengers between aircraft - which seems easier with the hand baggage. So the use of the LEVC taxi makes sense from that perspective alone.

British Airways - TAXI! BRITISH AIRWAYS ADDS ELECTRIC LONDON TAXIS TO ITS PREMIUM TRANSFER FLEET
British Airways has introduced a brand new and environmentally-friendly electric cab service at its Heathrow home, giving customers the opportunity to experience travelling in a legendary London taxi without leaving the airport.

The London Electric Vehicle Company (LEVC) taxi features WiFi, phone, laptop and USB charging and a panoramic roof - great for plane spotting.

In addition, customers can expect a smooth ride, air-conditioning and a spacious cabin with room for all of customers’ hand luggage.

Premium connections

The taxis will join British Airways’ fleet of chauffeur-driven executive vehicles, to drive premium customers at risk of missing their connecting flight to meet their next aircraft. Customers are met by the driver at the aircraft side and are driven directly to the aircraft side of their onward flight. With every ride completely free of charge, there’s no need for customers to reach for their wallets.

Daljit Hayre, British Airways’ Senior Manager, Heathrow Customer Experience said: “It’s great to see the reaction of customers when they’re met by a London taxi at the side of the aircraft, waiting to take them on to their next flight. They’ve told us how much they appreciate this gesture, plus they love the space in the vehicle for their hand baggage. We’re also really pleased that using new generation electric taxi reduces our carbon footprint.”

Andy Kershaw, British Airways’ Environment Manager added: “British Airways takes its environment responsibilities seriously and this initiative is part of our overall ambition to reduce carbon emissions and those emissions that impact air quality and our local communities.”

The initiative is part of British Airways’ long-term plan to reduce emissions from all vehicles at Heathrow and follows the introduction of electric aircraft pushback vehicles.

Chris Gubbey, CEO of LEVC, said: “We’re delighted that British Airways has chosen our electric vehicles to support this innovative new service. We designed the TX eCity with the aim of delighting customers with a more premium experience, and thanks to British Airways even those with the shortest of stays in London can now travel in comfort and style in the world’s most advanced electric taxi.”
Old Jan 11, 2019, 3:58 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I assume the GGLs still go in the jags tho?

btw the Andy Kershaw now works for BA?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 4:44 pm

Interesting, thanks for the update @corporate-wage-slave! Now, I think this is a very positive thing (though I doubt I’ll ever benefit from it).

But... and I’m not meaning to grouch... I wouldn’t describe those new vehicles as “iconic London taxis”

Give me an Austin (and successor companies’) FX4 any day. Even a TX1/II/4 isn’t quite the real McCoy to me... but at least it retains family resemblance!
Old Jan 11, 2019, 5:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Apparently the new electric taxis are for GCH and above. Those of lower tier status who may benefit from the service will be transported in a fleet of unrefurbished Dairy Crest milk floats - hence still benefitting from the environmentally friendly electric vehicle approach to transfers
squawk, EDIwanderer and jfallesen like this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 9:20 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by Geordie405
Those of lower tier status who may benefit from the service will be transported in a fleet of unrefurbished Dairy Crest milk floats
Naw, the 14 passenger Ford Econoline!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.